Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: grinder  (Read 3439 times)

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
Re: grinder
« Reply #30 on: 06 August 2012, 08:43:17 »

tis but a scratch bet he carried on working  :o

aaronjb

« Reply #31 on: 06 August 2012, 10:31:08 »

I worked with a bloke a few years ago who had a massive scar that ran up the centre of his chest and up the side of his neck...  :o It was caused when he started a 9" grinder and didn't have a proper hold on it, so it kicked back and ran up his chest and neck!!!  :o :o :o

Fark! I bet that stung.. still, powertools are dangerous. Building a wooden trestle with my Dad (who has been working with big tools for longer than I've been alive) and he picked up my electric drill and caught the trigger - it has a tiny hand grip and I've done the same thing many times, only this time the drill tip happened to catch his t-shirt.

Next thing you know it's wound the sleeve of his t-shirt around the drill and you can't quite tell if the drill is now buried in his armpit or just wrapped in the shirt. A minute or so of un-winding it and (fortunately!) all it had done was turn the sleeve into a tourniquet; though that still took a good 3"x3" patch of skin clean off his arm!

'course, my Dad being my Dad, stopped for a cigar, had a quick trip to the chemist for some Savlon and gauze dressing, slapped that on and carried on working...

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06 August 2012, 11:33:39 »

i had a similar incedent years ago at work we were on a tower scaffold working on the main canopy of hilton park lane as it happens :) :) 8)

i was bending over to pick my tools up and the guy i was working with had a dril with a 1/2" hss bit in it. He made a gesture as if he was going to shove it up my bum to the blokes on the ground below :o :o

At that exact same moment i moved backwards and the drill caught my jeans. Un beknown to me the struggle he was having to stop it actually ending up, up my bum until i turned my head to find out wtf was going on and saw the fear in his face the drill in his hand and my jeans dissapearing around the drill bit. More importantley quickly realising the direction it was heading :o :o :o

a joint effort ensued to ensure we did not loose our only 1/2" drill bit. Thankfully with the ripping of denim the drill was free with the arse of my jeans wrapped round the drill bit and chuck

the blokes on the ground were pissing themselves we on the other hand had to 1) prise my hand off the tight grip it had on the scaffold and 2) prise the drill from my very white work mate before we could laugh about things

RIP Fred sadly no longer with us
« Last Edit: 06 August 2012, 11:35:37 by paul.lovejoy »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06 August 2012, 11:56:15 »

Blimey!!! With a 1/2 inch ringpiece you'd never have any constipation problems!!!  :o :o :o
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06 August 2012, 15:11:15 »

i would be in need of a butt plug :o :o and i would not be able to cough and fart at the same time for fear of shooting someone :o :o ;D ;D

it was a close thing though :-[ could have changed my hole way of life even :-* :-*

aaronjb

« Reply #35 on: 06 August 2012, 15:14:29 »

i would be in need of a butt plug :o :o and i would not be able to cough and fart at the same time for fear of shooting someone :o :o ;D ;D

it was a close thing though :-[ could have changed my hole way of life even :-* :-*

;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06 August 2012, 19:23:26 »

I've had a few near misses with chainsaws. Can I join the big-penis club?
Grumpy old man

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06 August 2012, 19:35:11 »

Not from what I hear  ;D ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06 August 2012, 19:57:48 »

Not from what I hear  ;D ;D ;D ;D
That Stokkie bloke has been telling tales again...
Grumpy old man

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06 August 2012, 21:07:50 »

i once fired up my grinder and it leapt out of my hand and chopped my head off,as my head dropped it hit the start button on my chainsaw which proceded to slice my leg off.i looked a right wally as i limped into the chemist and asked for some plasters  ::)

omega3000

« Reply #40 on: 06 August 2012, 21:14:57 »

i once fired up my grinder and it leapt out of my hand and chopped my head off,as my head dropped it hit the start button on my chainsaw which proceded to slice my leg off.i looked a right wally as i limped into the chemist and asked for some plasters  ::)

Hope your ok now  ;D

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 06 August 2012, 21:27:27 »

Hope your ok now  ;D
i am now but they stuck my head on the wrong way round first time so i didnt know if i was coming or going and my leg is now 2 inch shorter but im alive and thankful for that,i just look at the world from a different angle now  ;D

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.