Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: What Car for 24yo Female  (Read 8849 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: What Car for 24yo Female
« Reply #30 on: 30 May 2017, 22:20:04 »

We went car shopping on Saturday and came away with an Audi A3 FSI 1.6 petrol. Absolutely mint and far nicer to drive than Astra or focus. I know my way round one mechanically reasonably well too. She's very pleased. Cheers for the tips :y

I have VAGCOM/VCDS if you need any code reading or stuff enabled let me know.

Check out the Ross Tech site for your specific model, for things that can be enabled/tweaked  :y

STEMO

« Reply #31 on: 30 May 2017, 22:21:36 »

All a bit pointless as James has already sourced a car.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 May 2017, 22:25:53 »

Nope, you did not read what I put. You can enable things that were on high spec models. Just disabled on low spec.

Eg. Active fog light cornering, when you indicate with lights on, the fog light comes on. I enabled this on a 2013 A3 low spec.

I've increased comfort lane changing indicators from 3 to 5 clicks, because I felt 5 were better. Shed loads of things can be done, from increasing volume of parking sensor speaker to how long the lights stay on when you unlock the car.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 May 2017, 22:33:17 »

Nope, you did not read what I put. You can enable things that were on high spec models. Just disabled on low spec.

Eg. Active fog light cornering, when you indicate with lights on, the fog light comes on. I enabled this on a 2013 A3 low spec.

I've increased comfort lane changing indicators from 3 to 5 clicks, because I felt 5 were better. Shed loads of things can be done, from increasing volume of parking sensor speaker to how long the lights stay on when you unlock the car.

Nice and illegal :)  unless the visibility is less then 100 metres of course ...

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/regulation/25/made    :)

or if its easier ...

http://www.highwaycode.info/rule/226
« Last Edit: 30 May 2017, 22:35:13 by Entwood »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 May 2017, 22:35:58 »

Nice and illegal :)  unless the visibility is less then 100 metres of course ...

It's not illegal, it's a factory option! It's just a tick box to enable what is on higher spec cars.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 May 2017, 22:37:44 »

It's not illegal, it's a factory option! It's just a tick box to enable what is on higher spec cars.

Factory options do NOT change the law .. the use of fog lights other than in poor visibility is illegal.

to put it even more simply .. its a factory option to go faster than the speed limits ... for which you then get fined as its against the law ...:)
« Last Edit: 30 May 2017, 22:39:17 by Entwood »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 May 2017, 22:39:03 »

Factory options do NOT change the law .. the use of fog lights other than in poor visibility is illegal.

Incorrect.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30 May 2017, 22:39:54 »

Incorrect.

One day you might learn to research and read before spouting crap

try reading any of the links I've posted .. or using google yourself ..

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q400.htm
« Last Edit: 30 May 2017, 22:44:08 by Entwood »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30 May 2017, 22:43:03 »

Incorrect.

One day you might learn to research and read before spouting crap

So my car, from the factory had this. No mods, as per VW UK spec. Same as any new Merc, Audi, Skoda, Jag, anything.... At night, indicating the fog light would come on in direction indicated. It would then switch off once finished turning.

This is standard on most new cars, sold in the UK, it has been for some years.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30 May 2017, 22:51:48 »

See here, UK site for a lovely French car.

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/showroom/2008/suv/safety/

Scroll down..... "CORNERING ASSIST FOG LIGHTS"

Perhaps you should contact this French company? Inform them this model is illegal? While you are at it, contact every car maker  ::)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30 May 2017, 22:59:47 »

Perhaps you should contact this French company? Inform them this model is illegal? While you are at it, contact every car maker  ::)

To the best of my knowledge peugeot don't make UK law ... and that's  what I'm talking about ...

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 30 May 2017, 23:05:04 »

To the best of my knowledge peugeot don't make UK law ... and that's  what I'm talking about ...

So they are actively selling a car and publicly stating that it's breaking the law?  ???

This feature Mr Entwood, has been around for at least 10 years on many cars. Mine included.

All I do is enable something that was on S-Line spec, not SE for example.

Seriously getting fed up with the forum and anything that's not an Omega gets pounced on, with it's "witch craft & illegal features"  ::)  ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 30 May 2017, 23:54:54 »

Entwood. Do you honestly believe that several manufacturers VAG, PUG etc would be able to produce cars that are UK type approved but have illegal lights?

Wind your neck in.  ::)

IF it were illegal, it would be deleted as a uk option. I suspect that the manufacturers in question *just might* have a more detailed knowledge or the regs than your googling.

Just...

Maybe..
« Last Edit: 30 May 2017, 23:58:14 by jimmy944 »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 31 May 2017, 00:03:54 »

Entwood. Do you honestly believe that several manufacturers VAG, PUG etc would be able to produce cars that are UK type approved but have illegal lights?

Wind your neck in.  ::)

IF it were illegal, it would be deleted as a uk option. I suspect that the manufacturers in question *just might* have a more detailed knowledge or the regs than your googling.

Just...

Maybe..

Smart answer .. "wind your neck in" ... shows a great deal of research and understanding , NOT ...  :)

Reading the Construction and Use Regulations, along with the Road Vehicle Lighting regulations might actually tell you what UK law is ....  but you obviously CBA and know as much as Tunnie .. or think you do ...  :)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/contents/made
« Last Edit: 31 May 2017, 00:06:55 by Entwood »

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 31 May 2017, 00:25:54 »

No. But I do know that EU type approval means that the vehicle is sold (legally) in the UK without the need for any further testing. So it is completely legal (in all aspects) for uk road use, as are ALL examples of the type (as long as they have a CoC).

You are wrong by the letter of the law (the UK law has been superseded by EU law in this case) and in practice (show me someone who has been prosecuted for cornering fog lights).

Spouting off about UK regs is utterly irrelevant in the face of an EU type approved vehicle unless an example had been modified.

So, once again, wind your neck in and read the RELEVANT legislation.
« Last Edit: 31 May 2017, 00:28:39 by jimmy944 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.