Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:47:54 
Started by Andy H - Last post by Andy B
 and off since I passed my test (*cough* 23yrs ago this November) and  .....

still a novice then  ;) ;)

I passed my car test 2nd Aug 1979 & my bike test Nov 1980  :y :y

on: Today at 02:22:54 
Started by Migalot - Last post by Sir Tigger KC
That's Day of the Triffids where they go blind

Ah yes!  :y

on: Today at 00:13:32 
Started by Migalot - Last post by Doctor Gollum
Sods law innit....my dads away down on the south coast so also missed them.
They were seen in Lancing.

on: Today at 00:12:38 
Started by grifter - Last post by Doctor Gollum
They usually stay put in the hose fittings.

There's some play in the clips, but you'll soon know when the pump builds pressure...

Personally I would cut the fitting off and use some ISO 7480 marine fuel hose and two stainless jubilee clips each side.

on: Today at 00:10:10 
Started by Doctor Gollum - Last post by Doctor Gollum
The early Chrysler engine is utter junk and drinks fuel so much, when a friend replaced his with a v8 Cayenne, he noticed no change in fuel bills.

Best avoided, the later French engine is better
I'll bear that in mind if I buy another, but this one seems to be around 40mpg on my commute... Which is about 21mpg better than the S Class. Although I did know that when I bought it, so that's not a slur on the Merc.

on: Yesterday at 22:26:00 
Started by Migalot - Last post by STEMO
And public schools

on: Yesterday at 22:24:03 
Started by Migalot - Last post by countrywoman

on: Yesterday at 22:22:14 
Started by Jimbob - Last post by countrywoman
First cut! the idiot next door has been cutting his for over a month, he cut it on Friday and again today. I think he uses a laser line for the stipes and measures the grass with a Vernier--------

on: Yesterday at 21:27:49 
Started by Jimbob - Last post by Viral_Jim
I bought an Atco Admiral for £20 off eBay at the end of last year when my titan electric decided to set itself on fire.

The one I bought was hunting and the owner just wanted rid - Idiagnosed correctly as a gunged up carb. I spent £30 on genuine Briggs and Stratton carb kit and service items. It's been right as rain ever since.  :y

Now's a good time to look as the lawn neglectors will be just contemplating the first cut of the year  ;D.

on: Yesterday at 21:10:45 
Started by Andy H - Last post by Viral_Jim

You can't say things like that on here!  :o   ;D

I still remember the telling off I got for buying a crank position sensor that didn't come from a VX parts desk.  :o :o :o

To actually answer the OPs question, we're fortunate around here to have a regional motor factors - c5 branches in the local towns that between them either have everything you could reasonably want in stock or can get it same day from another branch.

Been going there on and off since I passed my test (*cough* 23yrs ago this November) and never had a dud part. One of the chaps at the Shrewsbury branch has been there since before I started going.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 16 queries.