Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Drink Driving Bans  (Read 2863 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Drink Driving Bans
« Reply #15 on: 28 February 2018, 13:22:36 »

What my mate really wants to do if possible is to find out for sure whether she has got her licence back, without her knowing that he knows or he has been to the authorities.  ;)  Their relationship is fragile and volatile.  :(

Hence my query as to whether the court records are public or not.  The online check isn't a bad idea.  :y

Speaking to the police will be treated in confidence, but of course if they find out she is driving illegally then they will  probably pull her by using a patrol car using ANPR which will double check her driving and vehicle status without involving your mate.  Your mate should treat this as a priority as the safety of his children and other members of the public are at stake. That should be the main consideration when talking to the police ;)
Driving on a Ban is actually a Criminal Offence (your acting against a Court Order) if thats what she is doing, I would have expected more than just putting a Marker on the ANPR System, more like parking up under surveillance where she is know to live etc, but these days, with Police time and Funds etc, who knows.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 February 2018, 13:41:31 »

I'd be very pessimistic about the Police taking any direct action after I reported someone a couple of years ago for driving a car which hadn't had an MOT for 6 months and I was told that there was little they could do!  :o  I was then told that had I reported someone for driving without tax, they'd be straight round and lift the car!  >:(

You can draw your own conclusions as to the priorities of the authorities!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 February 2018, 14:02:37 »

Whose car is it? If it's hers then I'd be asking to see an insurance certificate before getting in. And if it's not hers, I'd still want to see an insurance certificate with her as a named driver.

After a 4 year DQ I expect the premiums are eye-watering.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 February 2018, 14:36:10 »

What my mate really wants to do if possible is to find out for sure whether she has got her licence back, without her knowing that he knows or he has been to the authorities.  ;)  Their relationship is fragile and volatile.  :(

Hence my query as to whether the court records are public or not.  The online check isn't a bad idea.  :y

Speaking to the police will be treated in confidence, but of course if they find out she is driving illegally then they will  probably pull her by using a patrol car using ANPR which will double check her driving and vehicle status without involving your mate.  Your mate should treat this as a priority as the safety of his children and other members of the public are at stake. That should be the main consideration when talking to the police ;)
Driving on a Ban is actually a Criminal Offence (your acting against a Court Order) if thats what she is doing, I would have expected more than just putting a Marker on the ANPR System, more like parking up under surveillance where she is know to live etc, but these days, with Police time and Funds etc, who knows.

That is it, the police have not got the resources now to do that for such possible offences.  The ANPR system is used extensively to catch illegal drivers and their vehicles, and placing a marker on the alleged offender with her vehicle is what usually happens.  That way the police can use their limited resources to the maximum.  However, first it needs this "mate" to get in touch with the police on 101 to kick the process into gear. ;) 

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 March 2018, 05:20:19 »

Has he checked the insurance data base to see if the car is insured?
https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/
best wishes
Simon.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 March 2018, 09:30:36 »

Has he checked the insurance data base to see if the car is insured?
https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

To do any check on that vehicle regarding it's insurance status when it's got nothing to do with you is illegal and renders you liable to prosecution.

Why take that risk when all that a concerned individual has to do is speak to the police on 101!

;)

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 March 2018, 13:05:27 »

I seem to remember that a mate who had a drink drive ban, got his licence back early by signing up for an alcohol awareness course.
 He was blood tested as well to check he was keeping his word

Keith ABS
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.