Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ebay irmscher omega!!!!!  (Read 8134 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay irmscher omega!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: 21 July 2019, 12:46:20 »

Just noticed, apart from all the issues the OP mentioned, the cam belt was last changed in 2012!!!! :o :o :o

This is a joke! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)
Hmmm, that reminds me, I really must do TBE's, as I last changed that very shortly after the LPG conversion in 2011, and at about 80k ago....

...although I vague recollect Mark doing a cambelt on one of my Omegas at Newent (at same time gixer was doing his), can anyone remember which car that was? The Bullet or TBE?

I would expert you TB to have everything logged on Excel spreadsheets as I do :o :o ;D ;)
Excel is a tool for office self-abusers, and serves absolutely no purpose to 99.9% of people, except the lazy as an easy way to create a table.

Needless to say, I do *NOT* store *ANYTHING* in Excel *EVER*.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 21 July 2019, 12:48:10 »

I've resorted to PM'ing DTM, to see if he remembers ;D.  I'm not expecting a quick, or even coherent reply, as I suspect he is in a mucking fuddle somewhere in country bumpkin land.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 21 July 2019, 12:51:01 »

Just noticed, apart from all the issues the OP mentioned, the cam belt was last changed in 2012!!!! :o :o :o

Hmmm, that reminds me, I really must do TBE's, as I last changed that very shortly after the LPG conversion in 2011, and at about 80k ago....

...although I vague recollect Mark doing a cambelt on one of my Omegas at Newent (at same time gixer was doing his), can anyone remember which car that was? The Bullet or TBE?

I would expert you TB to have everything logged on Excel spreadsheets as I do :o :o ;D ;)
Excel is a tool for office self-abusers, and serves absolutely no purpose to 99.9% of people, except the lazy as an easy way to create a table.

And you don't even note the cam belt changes in your service book...............?!! :o :o ::) ::) :P

Even a note on an Excel spreadsheet would be better than nothing TB ;D ;D ;D ;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 21 July 2019, 12:54:44 »

I write the cam-belt info with black marker on the cover and underside of the bonnet
they tend to not get lost  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 21 July 2019, 13:02:43 »

And you don't even note the cam belt changes in your service book...............?!! :o :o ::) ::) :P

Even a note on an Excel spreadsheet would be better than nothing TB ;D ;D ;D ;)
I have an app, but that's on the phone, and Christ knows where that is.

However, it does sync to cloud storage, so I'll look there if I CBA.  But I didn't start electronically recording servicing until 3 or 4 years ago.  Which probably means I need to go through the receipts. And I really CBA.

Even if DTM did it at Newent, I know we haven't been there for a couple of years at least, and the last time I took the Battlebus (and probably the time before that). So its probably due anyway.

However, still not 100% sure I'll present it for MOT next month, as the LPG availability around here is getting a bit silly :(
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 21 July 2019, 13:04:27 »

FFS, the Roadtrip app uploads to cloud as a CSV. Which opens in every Office Tosser's favourite tool  >:(.

Service history only goes back to 2015, as I thought.  Not done since then.
Grumpy old man

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 21 July 2019, 20:22:36 »

I scribble it down in green crayon, on the invoice from wherever I buy the bits, then store it in a box till I think, when did I last do that, or sometimes, put them in a plastic sleeve,then put that in a file, in the same box...
Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 21 July 2019, 20:29:13 »

I scribble it down in green crayon, on the invoice from wherever I buy the bits, then store it in a box till I think, when did I last do that, or sometimes, put them in a plastic sleeve,then put that in a file, in the same box...
AYe, that's what I've always done.  But means going through that (very thick) folder ;D
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 21 July 2019, 20:57:31 »

I stick a printed label somewhere unobtrusive listing date and mileage. One for the oil, plugs and filters and another for the timing belt. Writing the date and mileage directly on the filters with a marker was my habit before I bought the label machine, so I still do that as well. Then you can just look at the oil filter on anything and know for sure that is/isn't due for a change.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 22 July 2019, 18:40:52 »

I stick a printed label somewhere unobtrusive listing date and mileage. One for the oil, plugs and filters and another for the timing belt. Writing the date and mileage directly on the filters with a marker was my habit before I bought the label machine, so I still do that as well. Then you can just look at the oil filter on anything and know for sure that is/isn't due for a change.
I do that on spin on types :).

Shame I no longer own a vehicle with those god forsaken things (particularly on the V6 Omega) ;D
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 22 July 2019, 20:10:10 »

Sticky labels, markers, on all the consumables! :o :o

Blimey, I thought I was the prehistoric one on here who was non-tech, when all I use is a spreadsheet that tells me everything I need to know about when parts were replaced, mileage, date, cost, so therefore I know when to change them.  You old fashioned so and so's!! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 22 July 2019, 20:12:01 »

Blimey, I thought I was the prehistoric one on here who was non-tech, when all I use is a spreadsheet that tells me everything I need to know about when parts were replaced, mileage, date, cost, so therefore I know when to change them.  You old fashioned so and so's!! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)
A Spreadsheet is mighty inconvenient when you're under the bonnet. Plus its an office wamker tool.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #57 on: 22 July 2019, 20:14:38 »

A spreadsheet is as much use as a box of receipts. You have to remember to check. A label under the bonnet is there every time you open it. Even my local garage stick labels on the underside of the bonnet, don't think they own a computer.   ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 22 July 2019, 22:50:19 »

open the bonnet, read the label, decide what to do. I can do that in much less time than you can read your spreadsheet. I can't read it at all! I do set an alarm in my calendar a fortnight before the MOT runs out, which goes off the same day the garage text me with the same details.

Old fashioned doesn't mean ineffective. And I've better things to do than create spreadsheets for things that don't need them: marker on the consumables, invoice in the paperwork folder.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 23 July 2019, 10:07:56 »

It is a personal choice! ::) ::) ::)

For me, who has used them in modern business times as an essential business tool along with budget sheets, balance sheets, and Profit & Loss accounts, it makes every sense, and I can simply look at the spreadsheet to see when things have been done, the mileage, cost (with running total) and when things need doing.  I don't have to go around the engine bay looking for stickers with limited information.  I can do it in the comfort of my home.

If TB had used a spreadsheet he would not have forgotten when cam belts had been changed, which started this part of the thread off ::) ::) ::) :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.