Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Rear seat switch plugs - wiring colours

(1/2) > >>

GastronomicKleptomaniac:
I've tried a few searches to no avail - feel free to call me useless and point me to the right page if it already exists.

While half the interior of the ex-plod is in the kitchen (yes), I'm tidying the old wiring up and thinking where I can reuse it to my advantage.

The plugs for the rear seat switches under the armrest have some interesting patching - red/ white and brown wires. Am I right in thinking the red/white is a switched live (on a timer?) and the brown is earth? If so it's going to be ideal for my rear USB socket of wonder...

Doctor Gollum:
Patching suggests previous uses. The plug that feeds the rear seat heaters is tucked into the beam across the front of the rear seat. Use this to confirm that power is doing what it should :y

GastronomicKleptomaniac:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 08 May 2022, 18:18:12 ---Patching suggests previous uses. The plug that feeds the rear seat heaters is tucked into the beam across the front of the rear seat. Use this to confirm that power is doing what it should :y

--- End quote ---

I would love to but I'm awaiting an appointment to rebuild the engine which is currently in kit form across the landing... And most of the loom is still disconnected!

For various boring reasons I'm only able to do little bits at the moment ;)

Andy B:

--- Quote from: GastronomicKleptomaniac on 08 May 2022, 19:10:31 --- ....
 the engine which is currently in kit form across the landing...  ....

--- End quote ---

:o :o :o

STEMO:

--- Quote from: GastronomicKleptomaniac on 08 May 2022, 19:10:31 ---
--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 08 May 2022, 18:18:12 ---Patching suggests previous uses. The plug that feeds the rear seat heaters is tucked into the beam across the front of the rear seat. Use this to confirm that power is doing what it should :y

--- End quote ---

I would love to but I'm awaiting an appointment to rebuild the engine which is currently in kit form across the landing... And most of the loom is still disconnected!

For various boring reasons I'm only able to do little bits at the moment ;)

--- End quote ---
Don't forget to put all the oily bits in the dishwasher before reassembly  :y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version