Chat Area > General Car Chat

Thanks JLR

(1/8) > >>

TheBoy:
Got a slight rattle from the front of the big pussy, suspect its something on the aux belt.  Ordered a new belt as a matter of course, as I may as well replace it if I have to remove the old one.

So as thats now arrived, printed off the destructions for replacing the belt, and its 17 bloody pages FFS  >:(

Doctor Gollum:
Tensioner pulley :-\

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 23 June 2022, 11:42:21 ---Tensioner pulley :-\

--- End quote ---
No idea until I get the belt off.

Obviously my plan is to remove the belt and go round all the accessories checking.

But it could be just the belt, as I've never changed it (obviously), and can't see any recent history of it being changed.  Its routed in such a way that it wraps around all pulley quite a way, so it could be its worn out the V's on the belt.  The plan is to just slap the new one on if I cant find any obvious issues with the driven components, and see if that cures it.

henryd:

--- Quote from: TheBoy on 23 June 2022, 11:56:33 ---
--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 23 June 2022, 11:42:21 ---Tensioner pulley :-\

--- End quote ---
No idea until I get the belt off.

Obviously my plan is to remove the belt and go round all the accessories checking.

But it could be just the belt, as I've never changed it (obviously), and can't see any recent history of it being changed.  Its routed in such a way that it wraps around all pulley quite a way, so it could be its worn out the V's on the belt.  The plan is to just slap the new one on if I cant find any obvious issues with the driven components, and see if that cures it.

--- End quote ---

Quite a lot to remove to even see the bloody thing on one of those :-X

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
They call it progress.  :y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version