Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Coolant transfer pipe o-ring

(1/4) > >>

Stu.C:
I've searched based on what I think it's called, but most results seem to refer to a pipe by the thermostat. The thing I'm talking about is the big one that runs from the rad to the back of the block.

Does it have an o-ring at the block end? And if so, does anyone have a part number or size for it please? There's a slight coolant leak at the joint, and before I undo it, it'd be a good idea to have a replacement to hand, if there's one needed.  :y

Enceladus:
Looks like it's GM# 9128362. And not cheap. I would imagine that any good seal supplier should have something suitable. Can you get the old seal off and measure it? If the engine is out of the car as in your photo should be a lot easier.

Stu.C:
Indeed, that's the problem with me using an old pic to clearly show where I'm talking about. The engine is fully dressed at the moment and full of coolant.  :-\

At least I now know its 37mm, but not yet whether that's ID or OD, and thus what thickness it is. Searching the Saab parts suppliers off the back of that part number wasn't really turning anything up either. Ah well, if nobody else pipes up beforehand, I'll just have to solve the mystery when I get to it - luckily I'm in no real rush...  :y

biggriffin:
 Re-use old one, and put some silicone on the mating face's.

Nick W:

--- Quote from: biggriffin on 29 June 2022, 21:27:10 --- Re-use old one, and put some silicone on the mating face's.

--- End quote ---

You can't suggest that! It will downgrade several GM Original Parts Supply VirginsTM and where would we be then?

Worse than that, it ought to work

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version