Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Removing the auxiliary coolant pump, V6

(1/2) > >>

GastronomicKleptomaniac:
So, as usual, two steps forward, one giant leap back.

Thought I'd disassemble the auxiliary pump under the coolant tank and clean it out, as it was clearly filled with sludge (rest of the system has been flushed as I've gone on, thank goodness).

As I did so I found that the internals were less complete than I would have liked. Like, completely broken and came out in bits...

Looking online it seems I either pay £40 for an unknown used one from Germany... or £60 for a new one.

Instead - reading up, I can live without it, I never use the car enough to need to run the heater without the engine on... so I'm thinking of bypassing it entirely. New length of hose from the bulkhead... to... where? :)

Andy H:
Does it leak?

Why go to the trouble of removing it if it isn't causing any harm?

I think it is a pump that is used on many vehicles that have auxiliary (diesel burning) heaters. IIRC SWMBOs diesel Galaxy had one which I replaced in a futile attempt to get cabin heat on journeys of less than 100miles. I definitely didn't pay £200 for the new pump.

GastronomicKleptomaniac:

--- Quote from: Andy H on 29 June 2022, 11:44:21 ---Does it leak?

Why go to the trouble of removing it if it isn't causing any harm?

--- End quote ---

Because its broken!

countrywoman:
Still have the one that came off my downer , well thats if I can find it in my pile of crap.

GastronomicKleptomaniac:
I've taken a different approach... took the internals out, check it's leakproof... bolt together with no impeller and leave it in place. It'll work!

As I say I never need it. And if the car does more than 1000 miles a year it'll be a miracle :y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version