Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Javid resigns.  (Read 3750 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Javid resigns.
« Reply #45 on: 07 July 2022, 11:55:11 »

Yes, it's true  ;D

Australia floods: Unfounded cloud seeding claims spread online https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-62049654
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 07 July 2022, 12:12:29 »

Yes I know I'm delving into conspiracy theory territory, but it really has been extraordinary.  As soon as he got through one thing, another popped up.  ::)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 07 July 2022, 12:13:57 »

It is now suspected he is going as party leader, but remain at PM until new one appointed………….FFS!! ::) ::) >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 07 July 2022, 12:21:23 »

Does Donald hold dual citizenship?
Onanists always think outside the box.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 07 July 2022, 12:26:08 »

Yes I know I'm delving into conspiracy theory territory, but it really has been extraordinary.  As soon as he got through one thing, another popped up.  ::)

It is the Chinese but people don’t realise ( yet)!
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 07 July 2022, 12:26:49 »

It is now suspected he is going as party leader, but remain at PM until new one appointed………….FFS!! ::) ::) >:(

With Parliament going into recess and the need to have an open election in the Party, that is hardly surprising. At least it gives time for potential runners to be vetted and any WEF types (like Truss and Sunak) weeded out. 

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 07 July 2022, 12:27:30 »

Does Donald hold dual citizenship?
He's too busy plotting to overthrow Nicola Sturgeon, changing planning laws and turning Scotland into one massive golf course.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 07 July 2022, 12:32:47 »

Let's face it, no matter who gets in, of any political party, we, like the rest of the world, are f**ked. So called globalisation has made sure no country can self govern while they are dependent on imports from other countries.
We cannot feed ourselves, warm ourselves or drive about in our cars without the goods and services from abroad. And abroad is in a parlous state.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 07 July 2022, 12:35:41 »

Unfortunately, all of them were true.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 07 July 2022, 13:03:49 »

Steve Baker may throw his hat in the ring. :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 07 July 2022, 13:05:27 »

And abroad is in a parlous state.

good word!  :y :y

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 07 July 2022, 13:18:24 »

Steve Baker may throw his hat in the ring. :)

I'm cautious about them all, but Baker seems reasonable.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 07 July 2022, 14:41:31 »

Unfortunately, all of them were true.

To some degree yes, however if Boris had had a competent comms team he might not be where he is today.  ::)

Partygate was blown way out of proportion by the media and they let the narrative that Boris was partying while people were dying take hold.  He wasn't even in the building a lot of times when the civil servants were getting lashed up.

And rather than acting like a twelve year old boy caught scrumping and trying to get out of it, they should have brazenly styled out Pinchergate and said to everyone Yes he was investigated a few years ago, but we gave him a second chance, but sadly Mr Pincher hadn't overcome his demons. Or they could have played on the LGBT angle something like that.  ::)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 07 July 2022, 15:07:52 »

And rather than acting like a twelve year old boy caught scrumping and trying to get out of it, they should have brazenly styled out Pinchergate and said to everyone Yes he was investigated a few years ago, but we gave him a second chance, but sadly Mr Pincher hadn't overcome his demons. Or they could have played on the LGBT angle something like that.  ::)

Yes that excuse may have worked.

The problem was that he went through 4 versions of saying he didn't know anything about it over the weekend before finally admitting that he did all along. And he implicated fellow cabinet members by "misleading" them into defending him in the process. That made the cabinet members look like d1ck heads, and finally someone stood up to him (Javid and Sunak). After loosing the trust of the cabinet there weren't enough people left he could fool into trusting him and he was doomed.

He could p155 off the public, the EU, and back benchers all he liked, and get away with it because there was nothing anyone could do (untill the next GE at least). But once he lost the trust of senior cabinet members, who can fight back, then all it needed is a few of them with backbone to stick the knife in.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 07 July 2022, 15:39:58 »

Yes that excuse may have worked.

The problem was that he went through 4 versions of saying he didn't know anything about it over the weekend before finally admitting that he did all along. And he implicated fellow cabinet members by "misleading" them into defending him in the process. That made the cabinet members look like d1ck heads, and finally someone stood up to him (Javid and Sunak). After loosing the trust of the cabinet there weren't enough people left he could fool into trusting him and he was doomed.

He could p155 off the public, the EU, and back benchers all he liked, and get away with it because there was nothing anyone could do (untill the next GE at least). But once he lost the trust of senior cabinet members, who can fight back, then all it needed is a few of them with backbone to stick the knife in.

That's exactly what I'm getting at, if he'd had a decent comms team, they'd have come up with a good story and stuck with it.

In fact the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that they should have used the LGBT angle.  How could the media or Sir Starmer argue against the attempted rehabilitation of a member of the LGBT+ community?  We're very sad that it didn't work out as we would have liked..... and efforts will be made to try and help Mr Pincher going forward  :)

Jeez I should have been a Spin Doctor!  ;D

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.