Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Windshield replacement > dead rain sensor

(1/4) > >>

WinRAR:
Hello.

A couple of weeks ago I was driving on the motorway a heard a loud 'POP' sound. A few minutes later there was a small crack on the windshield. At the end of the trip it was thrice the size, so the windshield had to be replaced.

Through my insurance I contacted with a Carglass workshop. Carglass is Berlon's brand in my country, equal to Autoglass in the UK. After a week or so they contacted me to say that the glass was ready and yesterday I brought them the car.

They installed a glass from the brand Fuyao. I haven't complained because I understand that an Omega windshield might be hard to source in 2023.

The glass is perfectly ok but the rain sensor is not working. When I set the switch in the automatic position (marked "--" in the switch) it makes 2 sweeps and then it makes another 2 sweeps every 5 second or so. The 2 sweeps pattern keeps on forever regardless of the presence of water, so it seems that either the sensor is not working or the car has decided to ignore it for some reason. It has always worked flawlessly, and it was working couple of days ago, so I'm positive that the problem came with the windshield replacement.

Today I brought the car back to the workshop and they haven't been able to make it work. The have removed and reconnected the sensor, removed the battery, the fuse controlling the wipers a a few things more. There were no sensor related errors registered.

They are going to order a new sensor, but maybe the issue is not the sensor but the glass of some other glitch. I'm thinking the problem is the glass itself, which seems a bit darker than the old one (and says "Solar tint", which the old didn't).

Anyone had any experiences with windshield replacements and rain sensors. Is there anything special to do after windshield replacement in order to get it working again?

Best regards.

VXL V6:

--- Quote from: WinRAR on 27 January 2023, 19:46:27 ---They are going to order a new sensor, but maybe the issue is not the sensor but the glass of some other glitch. I'm thinking the problem is the glass itself, which seems a bit darker than the old one (and says "Solar tint", which the old didn't).

--- End quote ---

So the new screen has a Purple tint to it?

I believe if the old one didn't you need to get someone with a Tech II to change the coding for the Rain Sensitive Wipers for a Solar tint screen

WinRAR:

--- Quote from: VXL V6 on 27 January 2023, 20:08:55 ---So the new screen has a Purple tint to it?

I believe if the old one didn't you need to get someone with a Tech II to change the coding for the Rain Sensitive Wipers for a Solar tint screen

--- End quote ---

It is rather greenish than purple. Very close to the tint of the windows.

I have no Tech II, but I do have an "My Naff Code Reader" unit. Will it do it?

VXL V6:
That doesn't sound like a 'Heat Reflective' windscreen as they have a purple tint.

speedy_ns:

--- Quote from: WinRAR on 27 January 2023, 19:46:27 ---The glass is perfectly ok but the rain sensor is not working. When I set the switch in the automatic position (marked "--" in the switch) it makes 2 sweeps and then it makes another 2 sweeps every 5 second or so. The 2 sweeps pattern keeps on forever regardless of the presence of water, so it seems that either the sensor is not working or the car has decided to ignore it for some reason. It has always worked flawlessly, and it was working couple of days ago, so I'm positive that the problem came with the windshield replacement.

Today I brought the car back to the workshop and they haven't been able to make it work. The have removed and reconnected the sensor, removed the battery, the fuse controlling the wipers a a few things more. There were no sensor related errors registered.

They are going to order a new sensor, but maybe the issue is not the sensor but the glass of some other glitch. I'm thinking the problem is the glass itself, which seems a bit darker than the old one (and says "Solar tint", which the old didn't).

--- End quote ---

I have the same problem. I replaced mine last year and I couldn't find (order) original windshield with UV protection. Next best option was regular glas  (slightly tinted greenish like rest of them) but sensor now works as you described..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version