Chat Area > General Car Chat

M5

<< < (2/14) > >>

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 23 February 2023, 16:17:17 ---Go with her from Bordon. Quality time and a pleasant stroll past StoneHenge :y

--- End quote ---
Trouble is, that just takes too long.  Last time I went that way to Cornwall, it took about 8hrs, compared to 4,5hrs normally (to around Hayle/Penzance part)

Sir Tigger KC:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 23 February 2023, 16:17:17 ---Go with her from Bordon. Quality time and a pleasant stroll past StoneHenge :y

--- End quote ---

That's about right.....  ::)   ;D

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: TheBoy on 23 February 2023, 16:28:27 ---

--- End quote ---
Trouble is, that just takes too long.  Last time I went that way to Cornwall, it took about 8hrs, compared to 4,5hrs normally (to around Hayle/Penzance part)

--- End quote ---
That's fair enough, but if you were going with people in, let's say, Alton, and they wanted to take one car, which way would you go?

The journey being as much a part of the holiday as the destination.

If Ray doesn't want to spend another few hours with the family, then the question might be asked if he actually wants to go... hypothetically speaking.

Sir Tigger KC:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 23 February 2023, 16:47:47 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
That's fair enough, but if you were going with people in, let's say, Alton, and they wanted to take one car, which way would you go?

If Ray doesn't want to spend another few hours with the family, then the question might be asked if he actually wants to go... hypothetically speaking.
--- End quote ---

Well I'm sure he wants to go to Brixham, but maybe he'd rather have a young pneumatic blonde as company!  :y

TheBoy:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 23 February 2023, 16:47:47 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
But he's not going to Alton. If he were, the A303 makes sense.  You wouldn't take the M40 to go from yours to Lincolnshire, for example.

The A303 is a crappy road, and not particularly picturesque.  Don't get me wrong, the M5 counts as one* of the most boring motorways, particularly once you clear Avonmouth and the hills there all the way to Exeter.  But you can usually trundle along that section at close to the speed limit, even on a Friday.

* Nothing beats the M11 for boredom though.  At least its short.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version