Chat Area > General Car Chat

So what have you done to your car today?

<< < (5006/5258) > >>

TheBoy:
Discovered, with the help of a hosepipe, that her car was actually a metallic red, not dogshit brown.

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: countrywoman on 21 March 2023, 09:18:34 ---Yes I thought it was just telling the ECU you were in reverse, not sure why on a manual car? Cant see it making any difference if disconnected. Off to consult my Haynes now, trouble is you find it says wire goes to 451 and when you look at 451 there is nothing there (thats just an example number)

--- End quote ---

Need to read it better...

In order:

Fuse 15.
Black wire.
Switch.
White Black Wire.
X3/6.
X1/36.
(connection to Pin 10 Interior Mirror for undimming purposes when reversing).
Estate has connection at X22/8 Saloon does not.
Both reverse light bulbs in parallel.
Brown wire
Rear body ground (via X22/4 estate only).

Doesn’t go anywhere near the engine ECU except by way of sharing the harness route with the cat wiring back to X3.

If you only have the WhiteBlack wire to the switch then you're missing the 12v feed from F15.

Sir Tigger KC:

--- Quote from: Viral_Jim on 19 March 2023, 21:18:55 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Tigger KC on 18 March 2023, 21:24:13 ---
I thought a dab of glue would do the trick.  :-\

--- End quote ---

Could mean there's a blockage somewhere? Surely you don't get that much back pressure out of a washer pump?

--- End quote ---

Yes I think you're right Jim, I've been fiddling with it this afternoon and although I can blow down the pipe, I had to blow quite hard. ( :-X )  So it's either blocked or kinked somewhere.  :-\

I've reattached the pipe to the pump with a bodged up pipe clip (twisted wire), but as it's in an awkward place I couldn't twist it up very tight, so when it comes off again I'll just replace the pipe.  :y

Doctor Gollum:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 21 March 2023, 17:02:56 ---
--- Quote from: countrywoman on 21 March 2023, 09:18:34 ---Yes I thought it was just telling the ECU you were in reverse, not sure why on a manual car? Cant see it making any difference if disconnected. Off to consult my Haynes now, trouble is you find it says wire goes to 451 and when you look at 451 there is nothing there (thats just an example number)

--- End quote ---

Need to read it better...

In order:

Fuse 15.
Black wire.
Switch.
White Black Wire.
X3/6.
X1/36.
(connection to Pin 10 Interior Mirror for undimming purposes when reversing).
Estate has connection at X22/8 Saloon does not.
Both reverse light bulbs in parallel.
Brown wire
Rear body ground (via X22/4 estate only).

Doesn’t go anywhere near the engine ECU except by way of sharing the harness route with the cat wiring back to X3.

If you only have the WhiteBlack wire to the switch then you're missing the 12v feed from F15.

--- End quote ---
And as a point of reference, ALL the tail light wiring on ALL Omegas runs along the left hand sill ;)

countrywoman:
Reverse light wired up today, wires were there ready. Fitted gear shift assembly but need some fir tree panel clips to hold the boot in place under gear lever, of course non of the ones in my assortment box fitted.
Read the wiring diagram, the black/white goes to the reverse switch via the A/C and auto box ECU so it's fine disconnected.
 Yup the Omega loom in the Austin runs down n/s as well ------------

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version