Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the real prime minister really.......  (Read 3692 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: Is the real prime minister really.......
« Reply #15 on: 05 September 2019, 12:21:13 »

IMO quotas are a bigger issue than tariffs on most items, but I think if we join TPP, which we have been invited to do, especially where the US has left, then the boost in trade in Asia will more than make up for any loss in the EU, accepting that the first 18 months post Brexit might be a bit rocky, which is what a director of Deutsche bank is predicting with GDP to USD being back from the current $1.22 to in the $1.30+ range beyond that. :y

Personally, I always thought it might be as long as 5 years, but would still be better than being tied to the drag of the soft southern EU countries as part of a Federal Europe, and that we would certainly be better off in the long run. We have always been an entrepreneurial trading nation, and coming out will allow us to spread our wings again. It may be too late to take much advantage of our historic connections with the remnants of Empire, but many other opportunities will be available when freed from the shackles of the bureaucracy of the EU. :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 September 2019, 23:16:32 »

Emily Thornberry just now on question time. "If we are elected to government I will go to the EU and negotiate the best deal I possibly can to protect jobs, the economy etc etc.
We will then put it to another referendum and I will campaign to remain". So, she will negotiate a deal with the EU, and then campaign against her own deal, Not only that, she has announced it to the EU before she starts negotiating her great deal with them.
Talk about thick. 
« Last Edit: 05 September 2019, 23:29:06 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 September 2019, 23:37:29 »

And lo & behold, after three and a half years of rhetoric about the backstop lenny Verruca has told Irish business people that if there is a no deal Brexit, there will have to be some checks near, but not on the border. The very thing the UK has asked for and had rejected by Verruca and his pals in Brussels at every opportunity.
Reality is starting to set in at last. Irish business people are panicking, because if trade with the UK breaks down, their economy will crash spectacularly.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/northern_ireland
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 September 2019, 01:39:00 »

The PM's brother resigned from his ministerial post yesterday and will stand down at the next election so that he can spend less time with his family.  :)

Makes you wonder why he accepted the position in the first place, as he must have known what Boris planned?!  :-\  ::)

Still despite only being in the post for about 6 weeks, I'm sure he'll get a nice Golden Goodbye and a carriage clock to soften the blow!  ;)  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 September 2019, 11:11:49 »

Emily Thornberry just now on question time. "If we are elected to government I will go to the EU and negotiate the best deal I possibly can to protect jobs, the economy etc etc.
We will then put it to another referendum and I will campaign to remain". So, she will negotiate a deal with the EU, and then campaign against her own deal, Not only that, she has announced it to the EU before she starts negotiating her great deal with them.
Talk about thick.

Yes.......she represents overweight well-spoken totty everywhere. Posh does not mean intelligent.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 September 2019, 11:12:39 »

......much like a female JRM. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06 September 2019, 11:14:39 »

....  Not nearly as thick as Diane Abbott though.
« Last Edit: 06 September 2019, 11:17:57 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06 September 2019, 11:43:56 »

Emily Thornberry is a good representative of the 'we know better than you' political class who hold the electorate in contempt.  >:(

She should never be forgotten for her snobby 'white van man' comment while campaigning on a housing estate during the 2014 Rochester by election.  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06 September 2019, 12:23:04 »

Emily Thornberry is a good representative of the 'we know better than you' political class who hold the electorate in contempt>:(

She should never be forgotten for her snobby 'white van man' comment while campaigning on a housing estate during the 2014 Rochester by election.  ::)

Again, much like JRM. Both he and Thornberry are from the 'born to rule' class and despite a veneer of civility and politeness have little regard for ordinary people.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06 September 2019, 13:14:45 »

Is the real prime minister..........

Philip Hammond?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06 September 2019, 13:27:52 »

Is the real prime minister..........

Philip Hammond?

Richard 'hamster' Hammond has more chance of becoming PM. ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06 September 2019, 13:29:42 »

Emily Thornberry is a good representative of the 'we know better than you' political class who hold the electorate in contempt>:(

Again, much like JRM. Both he and Thornberry are from the 'born to rule' class and despite a veneer of civility and politeness have little regard for ordinary people.

Don't agree.  JRM is certainly an eccentric oddball and he hasn't done himself any favours in the last few days, but I wouldn't say he holds the electorate in contempt.  ::)

After all for the last 3 years he has stood up for the 17.4 million who are having their democratic decision trampled on by the establishment.  :)

Compare that with Thornberry who has issued the standard mealy mouthed platitudes about respecting and upholding the result of the referendum, whilst doing anything but!  >:(  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06 September 2019, 14:00:46 »

Don't agree.  JRM is certainly an eccentric oddball and he hasn't done himself any favours in the last few days, but I wouldn't say he holds the electorate in contempt::)

After all for the last 3 years he has stood up for the 17.4 million who are having their democratic decision trampled on by the establishment.  :)

Compare that with Thornberry who has issued the standard mealy mouthed platitudes about respecting and upholding the result of the referendum, whilst doing anything but!  >:(  ::)

Both Bojo and JRM have shown contempt for parliament when the cards don't fall favourably.......and I'm pretty sure they are not fans of the Morris Marina. This alone demonstrates  their character is suspect..... ::) ::) ::) ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 September 2019, 17:17:04 »

Don't agree.  JRM is certainly an eccentric oddball and he hasn't done himself any favours in the last few days, but I wouldn't say he holds the electorate in contempt::)

Both Bojo and JRM have shown contempt for parliament when the cards don't fall favourably.......and I'm pretty sure they are not fans of the Morris Marina. This alone demonstrates  their character is suspect..... ::) ::) ::) ;)

Showing contempt for parliament is very different to having contempt for the electorate.  ::)

I have nothing but contempt for this parliament, but then some might say that I'm an eccentric oddball too!  :)

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 06 September 2019, 17:21:29 »

Showing contempt for parliament is very different to having contempt for the electorate.  ::)

I have nothing but contempt for this parliament, but then some might say that I'm an eccentric oddball too!  :)
I'm not eccentric but I have odd balls  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.