Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Poor taste!  (Read 6622 times)

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
Poor taste!
« on: 01 April 2012, 18:00:36 »

I want to say how appalled I am at the recent remarks aired here after the fuel decanting incident in York. To say they are in poor taste is a mild understatement & I am at a loss to understand how some of you blokes have continued to turn this horrible affair into a running joke for pity's sake! I also can't understand how on the one hand, the same blokes would go out of their way to help someone they have possibly never met, and on the other, mercilessly denigrate another human being dreadfully injured for whatever reason! Quite frankly, remarks of this nature do not belong here imo, the OOF is surely better than that? We are always reminded that this is a Family Forum and a Worldwide one at that! What sort of message does it send out to others when they read heartless comments and 'jokes' like these? I'm no bleeding heart Liberal, i've been round the block more than a few times and seen serious injury & death more times than I care to remember both in the Service & out and yes, 'gallows Humour' was the order of the day as a way of coping with it then, but the victim/s were NEVER disrespected. no matter what the cause. :(
« Last Edit: 01 April 2012, 18:04:04 by PhilRich »
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
Re: Poor taste!
« Reply #1 on: 01 April 2012, 19:19:32 »

Read the previous posts and I am in total agreement with you,Phil

Some peoples comments are in very poor taste .

sassanach

• Omega Knight
  • trowbridge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2012, 20:45:34 »

i,ve got news for you mate,you are a bleedin hearts liberal, shit happens, and if you are a rather retard cretin then sh+t happens to you more than most :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2012, 21:10:16 »

Must admit I was very shocked at the opening reply and some follow up replies. Regardless of how careless her act was, she was trying to help her daughter and paid a horrific price. Her daughter must feel terrible as well and assuming the woman survives, they will all have a reminder of that awful day.
I would have preferred the thread in question to have been modified as it did not come over well in my book. Freedom of speech is one thing but some people would probably reply differently if they knew someone injured in this way.
I would be surprised if anyone on here genuinely wished her dead but as Brikhead as already said, it may have been a blessing if she had, with all of the suffering of the whole family for years to come.

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 April 2012, 21:14:48 »

i,ve got news for you mate,you are a bleedin hearts liberal, shit happens, and if you are a rather retard cretin then sh+t happens to you more than most :y

I rest my case where people like you are concerned! Oh, and you're definately NOT my mate! :y

Nickbat

« Reply #5 on: 01 April 2012, 21:17:37 »

I agree with the view that some of the remarks were heartless. My recent post on the thread in question provides my reasoning.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 April 2012, 21:40:02 »

So, so, sooooo tempted to reply with "terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired" ;D

But I know people would have a sense of humour failure  :'(

Well, if the stupid idiots were too thick to understand what would happen, WTF where they doing messing with dangerous substances. Simple.

Same as those 'poor girls' who got mowed down by a train because a pedestrian gate wasn't locked, which apparently gives stupid people the go-ahead to ignore flashing lights and sirens. I lack sympathy there as well. If they weren't intelligent enough to work that one out, they shouldn't have been out on their own.

You either agree or disagree. Simple. No need to over analyse and start other threads. I won't moderate this thread, as its clearly aimed at me.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 April 2012, 21:41:02 »

So, so, sooooo tempted to reply with "terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired" ;D
damn, fell victim to the word censor. Y A W N was what it said :y
Grumpy old man

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 April 2012, 21:45:19 »

damn, fell victim to the word censor. Y A W N was what it said :y

It wasn't 'aimed' at you tb, but dare I say I detect a touch of persecution complex there? Oh, he's nodded off he must have been genuinely tired poor lad. I wonder if the people he's mentioned or their families are as fortunate? :-\

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 April 2012, 22:25:42 »

I find it somewhat interesting that those who publicly state that they have little/no sympathy for this woman are castigated loudly .....  yet those calling for the hanging of "Wellung666" in another thread are allowed free reign.

So it's "wrong" to call someone a cretin  .. but its "right" to call for someone who has been punished by the law of the land to be hung  ....

A rather large degree of hypocrisy creeping in methinks .....

At least TB is publicly honest in his view........

Andys VXR

• cambridgeshire
    • 3.2 Special
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 April 2012, 22:31:15 »

I dont wish anybody any harm. We've all been there where you do something and you say i new it was going to do that why did i do that. Yes it was a very stupid thing to do and again we've all said i could of been hurt or that was dangerous i shouldnt of done it that way. RETARD  A person born with a mental condition and therefore has to work a million times harder to be able to do simple things (such as learn and communicate) that we take for granted. On top of this, a retard will usually suffer a lot of ridicule from society because people fear what they do not understand. The people who choose to call people mentally retardeded tend to be complete morons and cannot comprehend that these people have feelings and emotions just like anyone else.

sticka_v8_init

• Reading
    • 2.5 V6 Tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 April 2012, 22:31:54 »

I find it somewhat interesting that those who publicly state that they have little/no sympathy for this woman are castigated loudly .....  yet those calling for the hanging of "Wellung666" in another thread are allowed free reign.

So it's "wrong" to call someone a cretin  .. but its "right" to call for someone who has been punished by the law of the land to be hung  ....

A rather large degree of hypocrisy creeping in methinks .....

At least TB is publicly honest in his view........

Very well said on all counts :y
Those are my principles, if you don't like them I have others.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 April 2012, 22:52:33 »

A least she didn't mix it with cilit bang like that daft rather biker a few years ago  ::)
He was cleaning his bike parts in the kitchen sink when the fumes found there way into the boiler and it went "bang"  ::)

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #13 on: 01 April 2012, 22:55:59 »

I dont wish anybody any harm. We've all been there where you do something and you say i new it was going to do that why did i do that. Yes it was a very stupid thing to do and again we've all said i could of been hurt or that was dangerous i shouldnt of done it that way. RETARD  A person born with a mental condition and therefore has to work a million times harder to be able to do simple things (such as learn and communicate) that we take for granted. On top of this, a retard will usually suffer a lot of ridicule from society because people fear what they do not understand. The people who choose to call people mentally retardeded tend to be complete morons and cannot comprehend that these people have feelings and emotions just like anyone else.

100% agree with that comment - in fact you saved me the effort of making the comment, thanks

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 April 2012, 22:59:12 »

I've not really made any comment on the subject but, TBH, I tend to agree with TB and Entwood.

TBH, I don't wish that on anyone but she was being incredibly dimwitted ::) I feel more sympathy for the family and fire crews that had to deal with the incident  ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.