Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Poor taste!  (Read 6623 times)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re: Poor taste!
« Reply #15 on: 01 April 2012, 23:04:24 »

That Darwin fella has it sussed.

In my opinion......     :)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 April 2012, 23:05:33 »

That's a more tasteful way of agreeing with TB if ever I heard one ;) :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 April 2012, 23:09:56 »

If TB is of a similar mind then, TBH, I find that a bonus.

The whole concept of an individual who has, apparently, morphed from child to adult and failed to learn the basics of self survival in this advanced, modern, world then......  Well...... 

Darwin and that......

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 April 2012, 23:12:51 »

If TB is of a similar mind then, TBH, I find that a bonus.

The whole concept of an individual who has, apparently, morphed from child to adult and failed to learn the basics of self survival in this advanced, modern, world then......  Well...... 

Darwin and that......
No argument from me ;)

As I said... Sad as it is and I wouldn't wish the pain and distress on anyone, it's hardly a surprise that a highly flammable liquid and a heat source ended badly ::)

Andys VXR

• cambridgeshire
    • 3.2 Special
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 April 2012, 23:13:58 »

So most of us must be retards cretins dimwitted and should have died from our mistakes then.  Most of us have done stupid things in our past and be lucky to get away with it or as must people think it will never happen to me. That women made a very big mistake and nearly put her in her grave. Think back most of us have been lucky not to have be hurt by some of the things we've done.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 April 2012, 23:16:58 »

So most of us must be retards cretins dimwitted and should have died from our mistakes then.  Most of us have done stupid things in our past and be lucky to get away with it or as must people think it will never happen to me. That women made a very big mistake and nearly put her in her grave. Think back most of us have been lucky not to have be hurt by some of the things we've done.
I've never decanted a highly flammable liquid next to a heat source ::) More to the point, the stupid things I have done (and there have been plenty ::)) have all been my fault and my choice... I haven't blamed someone else for them ;)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 April 2012, 23:17:02 »

Its called learning.

Either by the 'ouch - that candles is hot' or parents/forebears telling us not to reach out and touch initially.

If the individual concerned falls through the net and fails to take on board available info then - Darwin......

Nickbat

« Reply #22 on: 01 April 2012, 23:26:40 »

I couldn't agree more. There are some very sanctimonious people on here who seemingly have never made a daft error. How many of us have had a bolt off the mains through absent-mindedly failing to isolate the right circuit? I freely admit that I have! How many of us have jacked a car up, yet forgotten to place the nearby axle stands under the cross members before crawling under the car? How many of us have failed to depressurise the fuel system before unlocking the injector feeds?

These are all incidents in which, had serious injury or death been the result, we would no doubt have been written off on here as "retards".

We all make mistakes. Sadly, this unfortunate woman will pay (if she survives) for the the rest of her life with scars and pain.  :(

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 April 2012, 23:34:22 »

I couldn't agree more. There are some very sanctimonious people on here who seemingly have never made a daft error. How many of us have had a bolt off the mains through absent-mindedly failing to isolate the right circuit? I freely admit that I have! How many of us have jacked a car up, yet forgotten to place the nearby axle stands under the cross members before crawling under the car? How many of us have failed to depressurise the fuel system before unlocking the injector feeds?

These are all incidents in which, had serious injury or death been the result, we would no doubt have been written off on here as "retards".

We all make mistakes. Sadly, this unfortunate woman will pay (if she survives) for the the rest of her life with scars and pain.  :(
As said, its called learning - be that by hands on experience or indeed, the ability to understand instruction by others by parentage, book, TV or ultimately watching things go caboom on hollywood movies.

But there again, thats not real life.

Is it?   :o

Nickbat

« Reply #24 on: 01 April 2012, 23:35:56 »

As said, its called learning - be that by hands on experience or indeed, the ability to understand instruction by others by parentage, book, TV or ultimately watching things go caboom on hollywood movies.

I think that poor woman has learned a lesson...the hard way.  :(

Elite_L0ver

• Eastleigh, Hampshire
  • On too Omega #2
    • 99 2.5 V6, 03 2.2 CD FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01 April 2012, 23:39:23 »

Yep and I feel sorry fir her and her family even though it was a silly mistake  :-\

And that's all it was A silly mistake
Likes My Music LOUD!!!!

Elm327 code reader And OP COM available Locally PM Me

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 April 2012, 23:39:31 »

Agreed.

And that lesson has been passed down via various public and well publicised means through generations.

Some folks accept advice, some dont.

My sympathies to those who dont....   :'(

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 April 2012, 23:40:49 »

and with any luck, any other folks who had not realised the dangers may now do so..... although I fail to understand how anyone would not know the dangers of petrol .... the publicity this event has had may well make others think twice before emulating her actions ...

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 April 2012, 23:42:43 »

I'm in agreement with the darwinists too.

Much as it must be a terrible tragedy for the family and person concerned, I'd hope any adult would have had instilled in them from an early age the deepest respect for things that will kill them. High voltage electricity, traffic, deep water, strong currents, heavy machinery, weapons, falling from a great height, other forms of sudden stop, fierce animals, fierce people, failing to protect yourself from the elements, and, yes, flammable gas and liquids...

Many of us flirt with any of the above and more, for it's not an exhaustive list, either through a job of work or as a pastime.

We don't generally end up in A & E purely through the observance of one rule: If you don't understand what you're playing with FFS leave it for someone who does, and if you do, be sure that you are 100% diligent.

So, sympathy for someone who throws that one rule out of the window?.. It's hard to muster, I'm afraid, especially when they attempt to cast the blame elsewhere as if we are not responsible for our own actions and the consequences thereof.

I really want to remain living in a society where the buck stops at me, because I, like many, have several pastimes which involve an element of risk, and I get deeply concerned about nanny state shutting them down because I'm insufficiently wrapped in cotton wool.  :(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Nickbat

« Reply #29 on: 01 April 2012, 23:51:11 »

As I said on the other thread:

"In fairness, I think a great number of people are unaware that it is the petroleum fumes that are so combustible. Many wrongly believe it is the liquid itself that is flammable and that provided the liquid does not come into contact with a flame, they will therefore be OK."

Talk of Darwinism is plain daft, IMHO. This poor woman (and my view is hardening on this, the more I read such contemptuous comments) was clearly unaware of the danger of fumes. That she had never been taught is not necessarily her fault, though doubtless there are some on here that would say it is.  >:(
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.