Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: And yet again - Air Bag Light  (Read 6538 times)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
And yet again - Air Bag Light
« on: 12 February 2007, 17:05:43 »

Air Bag light has just come on again >:(

Can't look tonight - laptop battery is flat >:(

Well, I suppose the bright side is it's lasted about 2/3 weeks since the last time :)

I like red cars

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: And yet again - Air Bag Light
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2007, 17:09:02 »

just remove the bulb  ;)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2007, 17:11:28 »

just remove the bulb  ;)

It's a thought but, when the weather gets better, I will investigate more thoroughly
I like red cars

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2007, 17:15:17 »

Was it a 71 again last time?
Grumpy old man

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2007, 17:16:51 »

Was it a 71 again last time?

Yes..
I like red cars

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2007, 17:20:22 »

TIS says if you get a 71, that module needs to be replaced. Again.

If that is the case, there has to be a reason for it - water imgress?
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2007, 17:23:55 »

If it was a genuine Vx part then take the car in and get it changed......the parts warrant covers the fitting cost to.....

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2007, 18:10:50 »

If it was a genuine Vx part then take the car in and get it changed......the parts warrant covers the fitting cost to.....

Even though I fitted it myself??
I like red cars

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #8 on: 12 February 2007, 18:49:16 »

I would have thought so AA....look at it this way....say you buy a vx go battery with, is it 3yr warranty?
You take it home and fit it yourself....2 years down the line its knackered.....so you take it back....i dont think vx would say....sorry but you fitted it yourself....so no warranty!

However having said that...they would probably test the battery to check its knackered before giving you a replacement......so you might find, not sure....if you take the airbag sensor back and vx dealer gives you a new one....when they send the old one back to vx.....if vx test it and find nothing wrong with it.....you might/may get a bill for the new one....not sure  :-/ but worth a thought?
« Last Edit: 13 February 2007, 10:19:01 by Auto_Addict »

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 February 2007, 18:49:58 »

Does anyone know if RH and LH are same, i.e. can you swap them for testing?

Alas, no more Omegas....

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 February 2007, 21:02:29 »

Does anyone know if RH and LH are same, i.e. can you swap them for testing?

Different part numbers I believe.....
I like red cars

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 February 2007, 09:06:33 »

Well, I'm in a catch 22 situation, the dealer where I bought the part from says:-

They will check the part, but it must be fitted to the car.

There will be no charge.

If they have to replace the part, there will be a fitting charge, as they didn't fit the original.

If they replace the part, and I fit it, there will be a charge for checking it out with a Tech II + any additional labour charges.

Catch 22 >:(

..and yes it's Code 71 again, drivers door airbag sensor.

« Last Edit: 13 February 2007, 09:07:59 by Auto_Addict »
I like red cars

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 February 2007, 09:42:32 »

OK, have spoken to the Service Manager at the dealer and the official situation is this.

I would have to pay for the TECH II diagnostic, and the labour charge for fitting a new sensor, I would not be charged for the sensor.

The sensor would be sent back to Vx, and if it proved to be faulty, I would be refunded the Tech II charge and the labour charge.

He says, in all the time he has been a Service Manager he hasn't known an Omega drivers door airbag sensor to fail, and as it has failed again to fully check the wiring, and connections.
I like red cars

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 February 2007, 10:08:57 »

OK, have spoken to the Service Manager at the dealer and the official situation is this.

I would have to pay for the TECH II diagnostic, and the labour charge for fitting a new sensor, I would not be charged for the sensor.

The sensor would be sent back to Vx, and if it proved to be faulty, I would be refunded the Tech II charge and the labour charge.

He says, in all the time he has been a Service Manager he hasn't known an Omega drivers door airbag sensor to fail, and as it has failed again to fully check the wiring, and connections.

In principal this sounds to me like a fair deal - they do the work, you pay, if the part proves to be faulty they refund you for the work.

However.....

If they are sending the part back to Vx to be checked anyway, then why not take it off yourself and give it to them, ask them to send it back to Vx as they normally would, then let you know what the score is - all FOC?

Also, if nit picking, then dealers usually charge for Tech-II diagnostics if you come in for disgnostic only and do not proceed with the repair, but if you book the car in and pay for the repair then the Tech-II diags is usally done as part of the service and not charged separately. So in this case you should only be really paying for replacing the sensor, not for Tech-II..?

And last - what happens if they change the sensor and the problem is still there...? Might be a good idea to agree their remit in advance, i.e. either 'just replace the sensor', or 'do whatever you think is needed to solve the problem'? With the second option, there is some comeback if the problem re-appears...

Just a few ideas....

« Last Edit: 13 February 2007, 10:10:50 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 February 2007, 10:17:53 »

In principal this sounds to me like a fair deal - they do the work, you pay, if the part proves to be faulty they refund you for the work.

However.....

If they are sending the part back to Vx to be checked anyway, then why not take it off yourself and give it to them, ask them to send it back to Vx as they normally would, then let you know what the score is - all FOC?

Also, if nit picking, then dealers usually charge for Tech-II diagnostics if you come in for disgnostic only and do not proceed with the reapir, but if you book the car in and pay for the repair then the Tech-II diags is usally done as part of the service and not charged separately. So in this you should only be really paying for replacing the sensor, not for Tech-II..?

And last - what happens if they change the sensor and the problem is still there...? Might be a good idea to agree their remit in advance, i.e. either 'just replace the sensor', or 'do whatever you think is need to solve the problem'? With the second option, there is some comeback if the problem re-appears...

Just a few ideas....

I suggested that I take it off and they send it back to Vx, they said can't do that without checking it on the car first.

If I agree to them changing the sensor, and pay for it up front, and Vx say sensor is not faulty, I'm out of pocket, so then, what happens if the problem re-occurs? It ain't going to be the sensor, so what's the come back. They will say we will have to check other things which of course they will charge for.

The Tech II and labour charge is going to come to far more than a new sensor.

If the problem does not re-occur, OK, problem solved, but why pay the dealer.

« Last Edit: 13 February 2007, 10:20:01 by Auto_Addict »
I like red cars
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.