Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Its not an Omega! My new vehicle  (Read 3082 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Its not an Omega! My new vehicle
« on: 08 December 2011, 13:38:50 »

After 12 glorious years of Omega ownership, It is time to move on to something more practical for off road and non metalled roads in Spain. It is a diesel 2.0 litre Hdi (peugeot) 5 speed manual LHD LWB  with leather interior and some "walnut" trim and steering wheel. Air con, sump guard, CD and sumpguard. Normal drive is 2wd to rear. Has 4wd low and 4 wd high as well. Only extra is a 240 volt invertor which will be useful for running tools/appliances in our olive grove and cool box in the summer.

Some plusses. It has two cup holders. It is very economical. Haven't knocked the exhaust off yet. Has a sumpguard. You sit high up and can see over hedgerows. It is very economical.
Some minuses. You never seem to be in the right gear and have to change gear a lot especially compared to the auto. No cruise control. no sunroof. small boot (and I used to think the Omega saloon boot was small!)
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: Its not an Omega! My new vehicle
« Reply #1 on: 08 December 2011, 14:05:54 »

Never knew it was the HDi engine in these. Neighbour had one and was thinking of doing something silly with a big engine mounted amidships. Never got round to it though.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

fiend61

• Omega Knight
  • york
  • each to their own
    • 2.5cdx 3.0mv6 3.2vec c
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 December 2011, 14:17:17 »

and steering wheel.

hmm thats quite handy varche  ;D ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 December 2011, 14:45:04 »

Never knew it was the HDi engine in these. Neighbour had one and was thinking of doing something silly with a big engine mounted amidships. Never got round to it though.

The Vitaras development in Spain was somewhat different to England. Here they have always been a big fan of diesels and strangers to autos. I believe the Vitaras in Spain were made in the Santana factory at Jaen once they stopped making Land Rovers (Santana's) under licence. They kept making this model up to 2004 whilst the Grand Vitara was available before then. They used a variety of engines but all Peugeot 1.9s and 20.Hdi in later cars. There was a V6 available here (gas guzzler) and also a 1.6 petrol. 4x4's are popular because everyone has land of some description as well as there day job .
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

x25dt

• Omega Knight
  • Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 December 2011, 19:16:05 »

Great car :y

Van Helsing

• Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 December 2011, 20:47:04 »

Looks good :y

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 December 2011, 21:16:20 »

Splendid choice V - hope its good to you. :y

Johnny English

• Omega Baron
  • Hungary
  • English antitalent
    • 1995. 2.5 V6 LPG manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 December 2011, 18:47:37 »

Great car! Off road car was always one of my best beloved cars!  :y :y :y
C20NE - X25XE

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #8 on: 14 December 2011, 21:54:30 »

After 12 glorious years of Omega ownership, It is time to move on to something more practical for off road and non metalled roads in Spain. It is a diesel 2.0 litre Hdi (peugeot) 5 speed manual LHD LWB  with leather interior and some "walnut" trim and steering wheel. Air con, sump guard, CD and sumpguard. Normal drive is 2wd to rear. Has 4wd low and 4 wd high as well. Only extra is a 240 volt invertor which will be useful for running tools/appliances in our olive grove and cool box in the summer.

Some plusses. It has two cup holders. It is very economical. Haven't knocked the exhaust off yet. Has a sumpguard. You sit high up and can see over hedgerows. It is very economical.
Some minuses. You never seem to be in the right gear and have to change gear a lot especially compared to the auto. No cruise control. no sunroof. small boot (and I used to think the Omega saloon boot was small!)

A practical choice mate & with two sumpguards  ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 December 2011, 20:16:15 »

A practical choice mate & with two sumpguards  ;)

3 actually!  ;) :P
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 December 2011, 12:04:27 »

The double reference to sumpguard was quite deliberate. I could have done with one for the Omega!

Have done 550 miles- very mixed motoring including towing a trailer and some off road and I am averaging 37 miles to the gallon. I keep thinking the guage must be stuck being used to seeing the Omega one move as you drive.  ;D ;D

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 December 2011, 14:20:25 »

The double reference to sumpguard was quite deliberate. I could have done with one for the Omega!

Have done 550 miles- very mixed motoring including towing a trailer and some off road and I am averaging 37 miles to the gallon. I keep thinking the guage must be stuck being used to seeing the Omega one move as you drive.  ;D ;D
37 Average! Yikes, Would be nice just to see 37mpg on Mig, even briefly - let alone average over 550 miles!!  ;D
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.