Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Appointment  (Read 1217 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Appointment
« on: 16 September 2021, 21:47:13 »

Finally after nearly 3 months got an appointment on 1st October for an "urgent" angiogram.Dependant on what that shows I may have to have an angioplasty[stents put in]which apparently they may do there and then or they may pack me off home and make yet another appointment to go back and have that done.Apparently the angiogram takes 30 to 40 minutes and I'll be in hospital for 4 to 5 hours!

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Appointment
« Reply #1 on: 16 September 2021, 21:50:39 »

Hope it all goes well  :)
you're not allowed to grope the sexy nurses anymore  ;) it's not PC  :(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2021, 22:26:37 »

Hope it goes well. :y

A good friend is going through stents at Ketteriing. The admin leaves a lot to be desired. He had the first one with second to follow six weeks later. After the first one the rehab guy encouraged him to do a little bit more walking each day. When he said I cant as feel whacked after five mins, maybe things will improve after the second stent? Rehab guy said “ what second stent? “ I will chase it up. Next day he collapsed and was rushed into hospital where they did the TWO stents there and then. Moral is keep n top of them.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2021, 12:23:23 »

Lets hope everything goes well Baza.  Take care :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 September 2021, 13:09:58 »

Good luck Baza........ :y

If you are there for 4 or 5 hours you can always fondle a  bit of nurse arse to fill in the time.

They won't mind....honest. ;)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2021, 13:21:13 »

Currently going through the same dance with my wife, chest pains 5 weeks ago resulting in two A&E visits, GP surgery has fooked up the referral the the Fast Track Chest Pain Clinic 5 times but we got a call from the consultant on Tuesday and she's got some scan dates through the post this morning as well as a 14 day monitor.  Poor sod can't even walk up the stairs without getting Angina pains.

Good luck Baza  :y

Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 September 2021, 14:21:18 »

Currently going through the same dance with my wife, chest pains 5 weeks ago resulting in two A&E visits, GP surgery has fooked up the referral the the Fast Track Chest Pain Clinic 5 times but we got a call from the consultant on Tuesday and she's got some scan dates through the post this morning as well as a 14 day monitor.  Poor sod can't even walk up the stairs without getting Angina pains.

Your missus is quite young, Jon?
Diesel till I die

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 September 2021, 18:22:44 »

Sorry to hear about your wife Omegod,I hope she gets the treatment she needs and is soon on the mend :y

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 September 2021, 18:41:25 »

She's 49 Ste never smoked nor drank
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 September 2021, 18:44:01 »

Sorry to hear about your wife Omegod,I hope she gets the treatment she needs and is soon on the mend :y

Cheers Baza, likewise best wishes to your good self. I used to work on Catheter labs ( where they do the angiograms etc) and it's all very straightforward and stents,if needed, will be popped straight in there and then  :y
« Last Edit: 17 September 2021, 18:45:50 by omegod »

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 September 2021, 19:34:20 »

I had half a dozen stents inserted in 2006.  Went in via my wrist.  Was quite bizarre to be conversing with the surgeon whien he put them in whilst we both watched the process via a large TV screen!   ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 September 2021, 19:35:38 »

She's 49 Ste never smoked nor drank
I guess it's the hand you're dealt, Jon. I drank very heavily for about 30 years on and off, and smoked 30-40 a day. Packed both up now, of course. Apart from a 20mg statin every day I appear to have got away with it.
I hope they can do something to alleviate your wife's symptoms, 49 is no age to be suffering chest pains and it must be very scary for the poor girl.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 September 2021, 19:37:00 »

I had half a dozen stents inserted in 2006.  Went in via my wrist.  Was quite bizarre to be conversing with the surgeon whien he put them in whilst we both watched the process via a large TV screen!   ;D
I believe the relief is almost immediate, Broocie.
Diesel till I die

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 October 2021, 07:40:08 »

I had a moderate heart attack in June last year. Was transferred from Southport Hospital, to LHC at Broad green, 2 days later. Arrived at about 11 am, was given lunch, and a couple of admin checks, and then at 3 pm was having a single sent fitted. I was allowed to go home at about 6pm (once they were sure my wrist wouldn't bleed out)
For some reason all my other arteries in my heart were clear and Just one furred up. I had to go back to A&E a week later, because my heart beat was 38 bpm. They took me off the beta blockers. And it went back up to 50 bpm
My cholesterol was low too.
It's taken a year to get back to full health.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 October 2021, 14:43:50 »

Upshot of angiogram were one artery slightly "furred" but no stents required,have to stick with the tablets I was already on for a year.Have a follow up appointment with GP at end of this month,but that's only a phone appointment.Not really sure what any of the tablets do to be honest but I'm on Aspirin,Ticagrelor[which I think do the same thing],Bisoprolol,Isosorbide and Atorvastatin.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.