Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stainless steel system for the RRS  (Read 1768 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Stainless steel system for the RRS
« on: 05 October 2021, 19:24:28 »

I had a stainless steel exhaust system fitted to our first Subaru Forester several years ago by Longlife cost around £400 , when the Range Rover was being serviced in August I had a look at the system which is the original one while it was up on the ramps & thought it was looking a bit tired in places, had a quote today from Longlife for it, seems reasonable at £575 with a lifetime guarantee  my Xmas pressie to myself.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Stainless steel system for the RRS
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2021, 19:32:20 »

Seems very reasonable, Mick. It's important that the company is long established, we all know how easy it is to give out lifetime guarantees when they won't be around in twelve months.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2021, 19:46:37 »

Seems very reasonable, Mick. It's important that the company is long established, we all know how easy it is to give out lifetime guarantees when they won't be around in twelve months.

Yes when I had the Subaru done I had to travel to Leeds as that was my nearest one , went on their website this morning & found they now have one in Boston Lincs.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2021, 21:14:40 »

I had a stainless steel exhaust system fitted to our first Subaru Forester several years ago by Longlife cost around £400 , when the Range Rover was being serviced in August I had a look at the system which is the original one while it was up on the ramps & thought it was looking a bit tired in places, had a quote today from Longlife for it, seems reasonable at £575 with a lifetime guarantee  my Xmas pressie to myself.

The clue is in the name Uncle STEMO!  ;)                                                                                           ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2021, 21:48:12 »

The clue is in the name Uncle STEMO!  ;)                                                                                           ;D

They are franchise, so they definitely come and go. They definitely have varying degrees of workmanship as well. The one at Weston on the Green near Bicester (now been gone for a while) for example told me that the system would be like for like dual system all the way through. On the day of fitment I double checked their plan. Single system with twin tailpipes  >:( , cut off downpipe flanges and weld exhaust straight on to the downpipes.  :o
No thanks, that is not fabrication of an exhaust. My car was off the ramps quicker than you could say 'fick me, what a bodge'. The other outfit, whose name escapes me, did the same on my lads truck, yet some people are happy with the results, so franchises do vary on workmanship.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2021, 21:51:15 »

I've had plenty of 'love you long time' promises that didn't materialise  ;D
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2021, 22:19:53 »

They are franchise, so they definitely come and go. They definitely have varying degrees of workmanship as well. The one at Weston on the Green near Bicester (now been gone for a while) for example told me that the system would be like for like dual system all the way through. On the day of fitment I double checked their plan. Single system with twin tailpipes  >:( , cut off downpipe flanges and weld exhaust straight on to the downpipes.  :o
No thanks, that is not fabrication of an exhaust. My car was off the ramps quicker than you could say 'fick me, what a bodge'. The other outfit, whose name escapes me, did the same on my lads truck, yet some people are happy with the results, so franchises do vary on workmanship.  :y

Ah, it just came back to me, Powerflow.   ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 October 2021, 23:21:15 »

Not as many as Lord Opti I'd wager!  ;D

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 October 2021, 00:03:54 »

I can personally recommend JP Exhausts of Congleton, Cheshire (previously in Macclesfield)
I had an exhaust for a classic Triumph made by them in the early 1990's which is still on the car today with no issues. Good fit and a nice sound near to the original note. It was made in pure stainless (304 grade), rather than a mixture of stainless and mild steel (409 grade). 409 does corrode although slower than a mild steel system.
I cannot comment on their workmanship today, but other classic owners have had good results with their systems.

https://www.jpexhausts.co.uk/
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 October 2021, 06:50:47 »

I'm pretty sure Mick knows what he's doing. I only mentioned it because it was obviously he'd dealt with them before and they were still around, unlike a lot of others. You boys... ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 October 2021, 09:03:30 »

I'm pretty sure Mick knows what he's doing. I only mentioned it because it was obviously he'd dealt with them before and they were still around, unlike a lot of others. You boys... ;D

Hi Steve, yes absolutely no problems with what I'm having done my indi who looks after the RRS knew what I was thinking about & has made a computer printout of exactly what I want fitted I emailed this to Longlife who worked out a costing the only thing that I have not decided are the final exit pieces  may go for quad rather than the two so the price could increase slightly + I will be viewing the whole assembly throughout I'm certainly not stupid when it come to parting with cash..👍

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 October 2021, 09:28:27 »

+ I will be viewing the whole assembly throughout I'm certainly not stupid when it come to parting with cash..👍

:y

That was my point really, Rangie was happy with the previous job but is considering going to a nearer franchise I believe. As the paying customer you tell them exactly what you want and make sure they stick with it.  :y  If you see them about to do something off plan, jump in there and pull them up on it.  :y
Hope you are pleased with the final result.  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 October 2021, 13:19:26 »

The 'Love you long time' guarantee tends to come from young ladies who are in fact  young ladyboys.

Is your great uncle trying to tell you something, Tig? ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 October 2021, 13:23:33 »

Back on topic.....

I personally have no experience of a stainless steel exhaust.

My BIL had one fitted to an old 318i from the late nineties. He said it would 'drone' annoyingly at certain RPM. May be different on a proper car like a RR though.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 October 2021, 14:09:24 »

The 'Love you long time' guarantee tends to come from young ladies who are in fact  young ladyboys.

I have no experience of this.  Perhaps you could elucidate M'lud?  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 06 October 2021, 14:37:54 »

I'm pleased to say neither do I.....

What I can tell you is that a 'chick with a dick' is classed as a chick in 2021. ::) ::) ::) So having sex with one is exactly the same as having sex with a chick without a dick..... :) ;) :D

Nothing remotely gay about it. :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 October 2021, 14:39:34 »

Can't you get arrested for doing that Tig?  :D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 October 2021, 14:41:14 »

Can't you get arrested for doing that Tig?  :D
We use to elucidate on LSD in the 70's  ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 October 2021, 14:41:46 »

Can't you get arrested for doing that Tig? :D

For doing something in public with the same last three letters you can..... ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 October 2021, 16:47:25 »

Can't you get arrested for doing that Tig? :D

For doing something in public with the same last three letters you can..... ;D
Only if someone complains/is offended :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 October 2021, 18:46:51 »

Back on track, I had a full stainless built for the Monza.
Cracking sound, no drone
Was measured with an iphone decibel app at 84db in an empty field
The Monaro currently has stainless from the cats to the back boxes which are still the origionals
Front and mid boxes have been deleted but I think is not quite loud enough
Hopefully haveing stainless headers and 200 micron sports cats fitted while the car is in its winter slumber ready for its new "voice" in the spring
My exhaust work was done by Pipecraft in Baslidon
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.