Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nat West Bank found guilty  (Read 2633 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Nat West Bank found guilty
« Reply #60 on: 12 October 2021, 17:37:53 »

Read this instead

https://www.dw.com/en/latest-conspiracy-theories-repeat-old-stories/a-53603358

I love a good conspiracy theory me!  :y                                                                      ;D

The thing is though..... The digital currency thing is real.  How it might be applied is subject to speculation at this point though, so of course people's imaginations will run riot.  :)

The Covid Pass in Lithuania is real and they've just introduced them in Wales.  You think that they'll just limit the use of them to nightclubs, sporting events and other events with crowds of people?  Of course not! It's a Labour 'government'!  ::)  I bet that as people meekly comply, they'll expand the use of Covid Passes to supermarkets, B&Q etc like they did in Lithuania!  :(

Why Lithuania?  Because it's a small 'backwater' country where something like this can be trialled away from the gaze of the non compliant media.  :-X

Despite being a yokel from 'Darzett' Tigger is more right than he is wrong. :-\

I think that this sort of comment is known as a back handed compliment.  ::)  ;D
But you'll only get it from Opti or Al. Go figure  ;D

Yeh I just get a back hander from the rest of you.  Bastids!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 12 October 2021, 17:44:59 »

Read this instead

I love a good conspiracy theory me!  :y                                                                      ;D

The thing is though..... The digital currency thing is real.  How it might be applied is subject to speculation at this point though, so of course people's imaginations will run riot.  :)

The Covid Pass in Lithuania is real and they've just introduced them in Wales.  You think that they'll just limit the use of them to nightclubs, sporting events and other events with crowds of people?  Of course not! It's a Labour 'government'!  ::)  I bet that as people meekly comply, they'll expand the use of Covid Passes to supermarkets, B&Q etc like they did in Lithuania!  :(

Why Lithuania?  Because it's a small 'backwater' country where something like this can be trialled away from the gaze of the non compliant media.  :-X

I think that this sort of comment is known as a back handed compliment.  ::)  ;D

But we love your naïvety  :-*
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 12 October 2021, 17:53:46 »

This money laundering crap is a pain in the arse.
My wife is waiting for her share of her parents assets, and my son (an accountant) has been helpibgbjer set up various investments and accounts.
The money will come from a traceable UK bank account, with the solicitor into a joint account, where I am tasked with distributing it to her new accounts. On attempting to open a "Marcus" account, there is a question about where the money comes from.
They ticked inheritance.
It now requires death certificate, copy of will, and a letter from.the solicitor. 
We don't have these and asking the Executor to obtain them is apparently too much stress for him. The solicitor is an arse anyway. I told him, not to deal with the firm he used, because I've had dealings with them and they were uselessly ineffective.
Going back and attempting to tick a different box is apparently not possible.
My Mum's little bungalow was only part owned be her, the rest is owned by the estate of my late cousin. It's administered by two trustees, one of which is a solicitor, a partner in the firm who look after the whole of cousins estate. To say that they are useless would be a total understatement. Mum was buried mid January and the bungalow is still not  on the market. The buggers are stalling on all fronts using a slight subsidence issue as a reason. All the beneficiaries just want it sold but just getting a face to face meeting with them is proving to be a difficult thing. Using Covid as a excuse not to meet to discuss the issues. Frustrating for my brother and myself, especially him as he is mid eighties.  >:(

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 12 October 2021, 18:05:40 »

My Mum's little bungalow was only part owned be her, the rest is owned by the estate of my late cousin. It's administered by two trustees, one of which is a solicitor, a partner in the firm who look after the whole of cousins estate. To say that they are useless would be a total understatement. Mum was buried mid January and the bungalow is still not  on the market. The buggers are stalling on all fronts using a slight subsidence issue as a reason. All the beneficiaries just want it sold but just getting a face to face meeting with them is proving to be a difficult thing. Using Covid as a excuse not to meet to discuss the issues. Frustrating for my brother and myself, especially him as he is mid eighties.  >:(

You need to be careful here, and urge the solicitor to pull their finger out. If the bungalow rises in value between the time the deceased dies (often when probate is granted), and the when it's finally sold, then the estate can be responsible for capital gains tax on the rise in value.

https://www.pem.co.uk/article/capital-gains-tax-selling-a-property-after-death/

The estate is responsible for paying this tax, and only gets one lot of CGT allowance (£10K IIRC).

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 12 October 2021, 19:03:00 »

You need to be careful here, and urge the solicitor to pull their finger out. If the bungalow rises in value between the time the deceased dies (often when probate is granted), and the when it's finally sold, then the estate can be responsible for capital gains tax on the rise in value.

https://www.pem.co.uk/article/capital-gains-tax-selling-a-property-after-death/

The estate is responsible for paying this tax, and only gets one lot of CGT allowance (£10K IIRC).
Thanks for the info. :y I will mention this to my brother, as he is the one who is dealing with this. It's a strange arrangement, as my parents names are not on the deeds, but there are legal documents stating that they are entitled to their share of the property, which is less than 20%. The names on the deeds are the two trustees, a fact we only found out after Mum died. 

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 12 October 2021, 20:46:25 »

Read this instead

But we love your naïvety :-*

Not sure naivety is the right word for a healthy scepticism of the authorities intentions.  ::)  :P

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 12 October 2021, 20:50:39 »

Read this instead

Not sure naivety is the right word for a healthy scepticism of the authorities intentions.  ::)  :P
Ok, but don't get carried away  ;D
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 12 October 2021, 21:42:59 »

Read this instead

Ok, but don't get carried away  ;D

Love a good conspiracy theory though!  :y

David Icke anyone?  ;D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.