Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DV51ONS  (Read 5506 times)

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
Re: DV51ONS
« Reply #15 on: 22 September 2023, 08:56:27 »

Heads up in case someone might be interested...

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/832463561951681/?ref=facebook_story_share

The hooded yoof in the background of picture no 4 unfortunately does nothing to encourage any credibility that its current owner treated it with loving care... :( ::) :(
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 September 2023, 09:52:51 »

I met Nige for a pint (In Swindon I believe). Feels like yesterday but was probably 15 years ago. Lovely, genuine and decent bloke, I really hope he is OK …….

Nigel and Chris (Mrs Nigel) are still active in the Wiltshire section of the Caravan Club so I assume he’s ok.   :-\

whatever happened to Nige?  :-\

When Nigel sold his Omega and it went in the direction of the Drift fraternity I think he just lost interest in the general chit chat on here.  :-\
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 September 2023, 10:23:31 »

I met Nige for a pint (In Swindon I believe). Feels like yesterday but was probably 15 years ago. Lovely, genuine and decent bloke, I really hope he is OK …….

Nigel and Chris (Mrs Nigel) are still active in the Wiltshire section of the Caravan Club so I assume he’s ok.   :-\

whatever happened to Nige?  :-\

When Nigel sold his Omega and it went in the direction of the Drift fraternity I think he just lost interest in the general chit chat on here.  :-\

Thing is, all old RWD cars seem to end up on that scene - BMW E36's, E46's, E90's, Lexus IS200 etc. Maybe not a distinguished end to their lives but I suppose they go out with a bang. Son and I did a drift day not long ago and have to say that his IS200 was far better suited to going sideways (welded diff etc) than I can ever imagine an Omega would be.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 September 2023, 12:05:50 »

Does the new owner wear his baseball cap back to front? :)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 September 2023, 14:12:39 »

Looks like the O/S rear wheel is pushed in at the top, that plus the general condition of the rest of it would indicate it's not good for much beyond bean tins or donating it's parts to other cars.

As said, a bit of a sad end, and maybe we'll look back one day and marvel at how such a car could go to waste for only £1000, but I somehow think it unlikely. :-[
Does the new owner wear his baseball cap back to front? :)
Yes, and one of those fetching black plastic ankle bracelets I've no doubt

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 September 2023, 17:28:15 »

More likely he is a farmer (I know that location well) who could buy and sell most of us, who likes to let of steam by drifting an old cheap rwd car for giggles.
I bought my Chevette HS from near there in 1979. When I arrived at the place it didnt look that posh, but there were huge sheds out the back with hundreds of thousands of chickens laying eggs in them.
The owners Dad was one of the richest men in the country.
A lot of wealthy people over there make a point of being the polar opposite of " all fur coat and no knickers" types.,
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.