Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cars, Houses and SWMBO's  (Read 2158 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: Cars, Houses and SWMBO's
« Reply #15 on: 14 August 2011, 14:13:11 »

all of my tools and spare parts are kept at the local service centre.  ::)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 August 2011, 14:13:43 »

Garage is for that. Fair enough. But ONLY that. No fridge or tumble drier or decorating 'dangle berries'. Mans tools only. Not even garden stuff, thats what the shed is for... Which needs replacing actually, too small and the floors rotten. Sigh...

:y

Course it's easy for me to say that.. there's no SWMBO here to tell me otherwise!  ;D So I built this:

(Ok, I didn't build it, builders did..)

Like the 300ZX , Aaron. I presume the girlie MR2 belongs to  Mrs A.... ::) ::) ;)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 August 2011, 14:17:54 »

I resprayed a front bumper in the kitchen, she hasn't noticed the Z147 skirting board yet ;D ;D
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 August 2011, 16:17:33 »

The garage and my small office are my domain, the rest of the  house is hers. 

I used the dishwasher for the spare heads recently and I was early forced to buy a new one.  Even though the smell of oil went after a few deep cleans, she was adamant that it still smelt of oil.  Next time ill do it when she's out (like I normally do......)

Why didn't you keep the old one, and install it in the garage? Then you could you use it any time you like.

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 August 2011, 17:50:07 »

Joking aside, do dishwashers actually work as parts washers???

I've got an old dishwasher doing nothing in my garage, with a water supply, drain and power supply right next to it!  ;D :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 August 2011, 17:51:57 »

Joking aside, do dishwashers actually work as parts washers???

I've got an old dishwasher doing nothing in my garage, with a water supply, drain and power supply right next to it!  ;D :y
Yup.
Grumpy old man

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 14 August 2011, 18:23:45 »

...So I built this:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/261978_10150308715091204_672941203_9294646_7362798_n.jpg

That is a nice looking garage, I helped my friend build a double garage last summer, it's not quite as nice as yours but we were limited by space. Also we've not gotten around to the finishing touches.

aaronjb

« Reply #22 on: 14 August 2011, 18:39:56 »

...So I built this:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/261978_10150308715091204_672941203_9294646_7362798_n.jpg

That is a nice looking garage, I helped my friend build a double garage last summer, it's not quite as nice as yours but we were limited by space. Also we've not gotten around to the finishing touches.

I still haven't quite finished mine either.. which is why the walls are still a nice shade of pink  ;D (very red plywood with slightly off white emulsion = pink walls, apparently!)

Need to float the floor level and lay some flooring down, put up some shelves and so on and install the sink & water heater.. then it'll be done :)

'course the backside fell out of the stock market so now it might be a while before I can afford to build the project I built the garage for!  ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #23 on: 14 August 2011, 19:26:27 »

Garage is for that. Fair enough. But ONLY that. No fridge or tumble drier or decorating 'dangle berries'. Mans tools only. Not even garden stuff, thats what the shed is for... Which needs replacing actually, too small and the floors rotten. Sigh...

:y

Course it's easy for me to say that.. there's no SWMBO here to tell me otherwise!  ;D So I built this:

(Ok, I didn't build it, builders did..)

Like the 300ZX , Aaron. I presume the girlie MR2 belongs to  Mrs A.... ::) ::) ;)

;D ;D No no, there's no Mrs A.. But the girlie MR2 is faster than the 300ZX - it's far from standard :) 'course it's also going to get sold this year.. or stripped, whichever is financially best!

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 August 2011, 19:28:09 »

...So I built this:

I still haven't quite finished mine either.. which is why the walls are still a nice shade of pink  ;D (very red plywood with slightly off white emulsion = pink walls, apparently!)

Need to float the floor level and lay some flooring down, put up some shelves and so on and install the sink & water heater.. then it'll be done :)

'course the backside fell out of the stock market so now it might be a while before I can afford to build the project I built the garage for!  ;D

I'm very envious of your pit. When mine was built with the house I requested a pit, but the builder 'forgot' to put it in, and I couldn't face digging it out myself. :'( :'( :'(

aaronjb

« Reply #25 on: 14 August 2011, 19:32:08 »

I'm very envious of your pit. When mine was built with the house I requested a pit, but the builder 'forgot' to put it in, and I couldn't face digging it out myself. :'( :'( :'(

I got the guys who laid the base to dig out most of the hole with their digger.. unfortunately that was still about 0.5m too short when the liner arrived - man that was a lot of soil (thankfully we hit sand!) to dig out by hand..

And then mix ~3t of concrete to backfill it.. that was a very, very long weekend.

Should be totally worth it, though :)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 15 August 2011, 18:26:12 »

you need to ditch tha t mr2 though m8  ;D ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 15 August 2011, 21:09:14 »

I'm very envious of your pit.

;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.