Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear Subframe adjustment  (Read 879 times)

05omegav6

Rear Subframe adjustment
« on: 05 June 2012, 13:29:27 »

Is there any? :-\ Noticed today that the NSR Wheel seemed to sit further forward than the OSR one :-\

Got the tape measure out and it is sitting at least 6mm forward :'(

If they had been the otherway round I would have gladly laid the blame on being smacked up the yaris twice ::)
But first one was OSR and the second was straight :-\

Are there any other possibilities or do I just accept that I'm driving a big white banana :-\

RobseyMV6

• west sussex
    • View Profile
Re: Rear Subframe adjustment
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2012, 13:41:40 »

Is there any? :-\ Noticed today that the NSR Wheel seemed to sit further forward than the OSR one :-\

Got the tape measure out and it is sitting at least 6mm forward :'(

If they had been the otherway round I would have gladly laid the blame on being smacked up the yaris twice ::)
But first one was OSR and the second was straight :-\

Are there any other possibilities or do I just accept that I'm driving a big white banana :-\

Or your driving with one smooth tyre and the other one new, hence the 6mm out  ;D ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #2 on: 05 June 2012, 14:12:53 »

There is movement in the subframe location bolts. But no specific adjustment per say.

6 mm would bother me at all tbh.

Apart from any play or wear in the components, I'd look at measuring from numerous other places first, before looking at the actual wheel position. Rear toe setting, rear ride height relative to the for and aft wheel position, given the trailing arm design. I'd suspect accumulative errors. Tbh.

If the tyre wear is ok, and it drives straight... I wouldn't worry.

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 05 June 2012, 17:59:44 »

Tyre wear ok, steering wheel is about 15degrees to the right though :-\ It doesn't track true but the roads round here are crap :-\ Handling is predictable if not pin sharp :-\

Measured for front edge of the wheel rim to the front edge of rear wheel arch with door opened. OS is 180 mm,  NS is 174 mm. Although the panel gap between the rear doors and quarter panel are consistant side to side the OS quarter doesn't match the NS one so I don't trust the measurement around the rest of the arch. Measured on level ground and unloaded btw :y

feeutfo

« Reply #4 on: 05 June 2012, 18:12:29 »

It's not impossible to adjust rear track rods to affect the steering. Ie crabbing.

It "might" just need set up...?

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 05 June 2012, 18:59:55 »

Hmmm :-\ was set up in March done about 7k since. Back end was well off, as was front. Shot bushes didn't help the front end either ::)

feeutfo

« Reply #6 on: 05 June 2012, 20:15:44 »

I suppose "in theory" it would be straight forward to undo the centre bolt through the rear donuts a few turns and lever the subframe over in the desired direction.

In practice though, the rear springs appear to have a say in forcing the subframe rearward the instant those bolts are undone. So thats a two man job ime. Plus if the rear donuts or diff blocks are shot that would be a waist of time anyway.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.