Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vectra c 2.2 dti elite oil problem help please  (Read 6762 times)

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
Vectra c 2.2 dti elite oil problem help please
« on: 05 September 2013, 22:12:24 »

Hi five months ago i bought a 2.2dti elite auto 03 platewith 115k when i got the car home i was going over it as you do and noticedthat the oil level was well up on the dip stick 1/2 - 3/4 inch above the fullmark, so as you would do i blamed the previous owner for topping up to wronglevel. I then had the oil filter changed using 5w 30 synthetic oil the car has now covered a further 2000 miles i havejust check the oil again and its the same again well above the full mark engineis cold and has not lost any water at all what can be causing the oil level to raise

Another problem that happens when the car is warm the oillight starts to flash on tick over assoon as you rev the car it goes out again this problem does seem to be gettingworse as at first as i said it only did it on tick over but sometimes when drivingwith revs below 1500rpm the light will flash a few times
 Any ideas what the cause of the above would be ?

Are the 2 problems linked in any way ??

05omegav6

Re: Vectra c 2.2 dti elite oil problem help please
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2013, 22:23:20 »

Always thought oil level should be checked warm, having had a chance to settle after a journey :-\

Would suggest either a dodgy oil pressure sensor or a weak/worn oil pump for the second problem, although thinner oil won't help. Not uncommon for low oil pressure on higher mileage engines at idle, as long as the light goes out when the engine is revved :y

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2013, 22:33:12 »

But whats making the oil level raise tbh the oil does seem thin but it was the correct amount when it was put in and was checked the morning after was still correct level

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2013, 22:35:58 »

Sounds to me like it could be leaking Diesel somewhere ( possibly past the rings) into the oil
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 September 2013, 22:39:57 »

is there a way to check if the injectors are leaking ??

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 05 September 2013, 22:45:41 »

Sounds to me like it could be leaking Diesel somewhere ( possibly past the rings) into the oil
2.2 TDCI Transhits are known for that...

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 September 2013, 22:50:48 »

Another problem that happens when the car is warm the oillight starts to flash on tick over assoon as you rev the car it goes out again this problem does seem to be gettingworse as at first as i said it only did it on tick over but sometimes when drivingwith revs below 1500rpm the light will flash a few times

Last two DTi's I've seen exhibiting the above fault have been caused by failing oil pressure switches.

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 September 2013, 23:00:55 »

Last two DTi's I've seen exhibiting the above fault have been caused by failing oil pressure switches.

I also had put it down to the switch but finding the oil thin and level to high when i know for fact it was correct now throws another problem that it mybe sensing the thin oil

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 September 2013, 23:50:21 »

This is what i was thinking injectors need pressure to open if at that point the injector dont shut off correctly it will drip derv in the chamber in turn it would soak past the rings and into sump or am i barking up the wrong tree (No not the magic tree)

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 06 September 2013, 07:23:58 »

This is what i was thinking injectors need pressure to open if at that point the injector dont shut off correctly it will drip derv in the chamber in turn it would soak past the rings and into sump or am i barking up the wrong tree (No not the magic tree)
That is how it happens :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 September 2013, 08:46:13 »

Sounds like an injector issue or a pump seal gone. (injector most likely)

Diesel is clearly getting into the oil throguh bore wash adn thinning the oil (the internals will be clean though!).

So its injectors out and test them on a pop tester (I have acces to one) as a first step.

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 September 2013, 09:37:03 »

The 2.2 DTI engine has a cross over from injector to the injector fuel pipe, the cross over is bolted to the head on the turbo side, you will need to remove the cam shaft to take the cross over off so you can get to the top seal which are about £8 each, there is also a lower copper seal at injector base and ano ring as the cross over passes out the head to the fuel pipe, if the top seal has gone then fuel will pass into the camshaft area and mix with the oil and go directly back to sump. Take a sample of engine oil from sump and let it stand for 24 hours there will also be a very strong smell of fuel in the oil, to remove cam shaft you will also need to remove injector pipes and top part of inlet manifold so it's best to de-coke all of the manifold and EGR valve at the same time, could take all day to do a good job. you will also need a cam loking kit which i have. hope this helps ??? as for the oil light it could be that as the fuel is in the oil, it makes the oil to thin, if allowed to top the sump up any higher you are going to have a lot more snags very soon.
« Last Edit: 06 September 2013, 09:54:02 by joff »

markspark

• Bolton
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 September 2013, 12:33:25 »

Thanks for the replies this is looking like its quite in depth to repair  :'(

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 September 2013, 20:24:31 »

This might help you.
I have done the top seals on my 2.0 Dti and did not have to remove the cam, which saves timing problems.....
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mozzer/howtoinjectorseals.pdf
best wishes
Simon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.