Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1995 omega 2.5 cdx auto  (Read 1078 times)

mark68710_0

• nottingham
    • View Profile
1995 omega 2.5 cdx auto
« on: 07 July 2007, 11:52:31 »

Hi all,
just a couple of quick questions :-
1. Which degreaser would you suggest to clean out the water system, as i still have oil in it.Where also can this be purchased? and what's the best way to go about it?Will the water tank continue to get oil in it if the cam cover seals have gone? I still have oil in the plug holes is this because of the cam cover seals?

2. Which side of the engine bay is knock sensor ( code 16 ) , if you are looking into the engine bay from the front with the battery to the right. Is it the one battery side or altenator side?

3. Other error code i'm getting is 61 fuel tank vent, is this a legit code? What is it?

4.  Drivers door, the handle is just waggling, can i assume the complete lock inside the door is knackered? It still locks via remote, but has to be opened from the inside, to physically get the door open.
Any thoughts would be hugely apporeciated.
Thanks
 :y :y
Never Argue With An Idiot. They'll Drag You Down To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience.

spookyman60

• mansfield
    • View Profile
Re: 1995 omega 2.5 cdx auto
« Reply #1 on: 07 July 2007, 15:59:54 »

Hi all,
1. Which degreaser would you suggest to clean out the water system, as i still have oil in it.Where also can this be purchased? and what's the best way to go about it?Will the water tank continue to get oil in it if the cam cover seals have gone? I still have oil in the plug holes is this because of the cam cover seals?

2. Which side of the engine bay is knock sensor ( code 16 ) , if you are looking into the engine bay from the front with the battery to the right. Is it the one battery side or altenator side?

3. Other error code i'm getting is 61 fuel tank vent, is this a legit code? What is it?

4.  Drivers door, the handle is just waggling, can i assume the complete lock inside the door is knackered? It still locks via remote, but has to be opened from the inside, to physically get the door open.
Thanks
1 yes the cam shaft covers will cause it to leak oil into plug wells but will not cause a problem with water normally oil cooler than headgasket at that

2 code 16 is bank one knock sensor as ur looking at the engine from the front of the car its bank 1 (left hand side or drivers side bank)

3 61 is a legit code and can be caused by the following wiring short to eart evaporative emoissions canister purge valve or ecm if my info is correct ofc

4 door lock well the only way to tell is to take it apart and have a look really

mark68710_0

• nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 July 2007, 17:15:47 »

Thanks for the info.
Never Argue With An Idiot. They'll Drag You Down To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience.

spookyman60

• mansfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 July 2007, 17:19:07 »

np at all

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 July 2007, 20:55:21 »

Hi all,

Thanks

I have read on the forum that you have to keep dropping the water about 20 times before the oil starts to go.... have also read FORTE coolent system cleaner is good can get it from Flea Bay..

As for the Oil in your Plug wells that is the Cam Cover Gaskets which need replacing with Genuine Vauxhall ones not cheaper copy ones.....

Are you saying you have oil in your water resevoir? if so that is nothing to do with the Cam Cover Gaskets, more like the Oil Cooler.

As for the handle not done any on Omegas as yet but should imagine they are like most others and have little rods and plastic clips that need looking at...

As for the rest of your questions someone with more info will be along soon :y

« Last Edit: 07 July 2007, 20:56:54 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Tafty

• Liverpool
  • This week I am no longer the owner of a miggy!! :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2007, 11:02:15 »

Thanks

Try here http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1175610013
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.