Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: essex meeting  (Read 13710 times)

Monza

• Bungay, Suffolk
    • View Profile
Re: essex meeting
« Reply #45 on: 07 March 2010, 18:29:57 »

Be good to meet before I become Omega-less!
Past Drives: 16 Monzas, 1 x VW W8 4motion, 1 lotus Carlton, 1 Carlton GSI, 1 Omega Evolution, 1 Vectra 2.5V6, 2 Omega MV6s, 4 Cavaliers plus 131 others over the years!!

mowerman71

• essex
  • go baby go
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 10 March 2010, 21:55:55 »

well the weather seems to on the up at the mo , so anyone have any ideas on a meeting somewhere in the essex area , cheers , john .

albitz

« Reply #47 on: 11 March 2010, 21:39:21 »

I havent forgotten.  Just been quite busy lately with work and other bits and bobs.  Still looking for a venue and setting a date.  So just bare with me.  Get back to you soon ;)
Shoulder of Mutton at Aldham might be worth a look.Nice old pub,large car park,5-10 minutes from the A12,5 minutes from the railway museum at Chappel (for those who are that way inclined),large car park. Goldwing and Beemer bike clubs often have meets there.
And its 10 minutes from me if Im not working. :)

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 12 March 2010, 12:09:42 »

I havent forgotten.  Just been quite busy lately with work and other bits and bobs.  Still looking for a venue and setting a date.  So just bare with me.  Get back to you soon ;)
Shoulder of Mutton at Aldham might be worth a look.Nice old pub,large car park,5-10 minutes from the A12,5 minutes from the railway museum at Chappel (for those who are that way inclined),large car park. Goldwing and Beemer bike clubs often have meets there.

I know this was a motive to your suggestion ;)

I looked at two places one in Witham called Jack & Jennys decent sized car park; restaurent and childrens play area or the Bell Inn Boreham.  So will go with your choice just got to decide a date now and I propose the Easter Saturday 3rd April or following Saturday 10th April.  Feedback on both dates would be appreciated :y

Link to website http://www.shepherd-neame.co.uk/pubs/pubs.php/shoulderofmutton_colchester

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 12 March 2010, 16:13:48 »

Sounds good to me, and I think both dates are OK. Might make a weekend of it and visit some of my old haunts.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 12 March 2010, 16:20:19 »

We can make either dates AFAIK  :y :y

Kevin, if you need a bed.... ;) ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #51 on: 12 March 2010, 17:15:40 »

I looked at two places one in Witham called Jack & Jennys decent sized car park; restaurent and childrens play area or the Bell Inn Boreham.  So will go with your choice just got to decide a date now and I propose the Easter Saturday 3rd April or following Saturday 10th April.  Feedback on both dates would be appreciated :y

Link to website http://www.shepherd-neame.co.uk/pubs/pubs.php/shoulderofmutton_colchester
Dont do that johnny ffs!! i might not even be there. Was just suggesting you might want to have a look and add it to the list of possibles. :y
On both those dates I finish work at 7.30am and start again at 7.30pm, so could probably pop along for an hour or two and say hello/ put faces to names etc. :y
« Last Edit: 12 March 2010, 17:20:34 by albitz »

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 12 March 2010, 19:18:34 »

Dont do that johnny ffs!! i might not even be there. Was just suggesting you might want to have a look and add it to the list of possibles. :y
On both those dates I finish work at 7.30am and start again at 7.30pm, so could probably pop along for an hour or two and say hello/ put faces to names etc. :y

It looks good enough to me - as long as there is beer and some where to park the car, what more do you need. :y 

At the end of the day its a place for a few people who have a common interest to meet up and put names to faces :y

Just a case of settling on the day now.

And hopefully you can make it :y

albitz

« Reply #53 on: 12 March 2010, 19:38:20 »

Would it be normal ettiquette for someone to have a chat with the landlord beforehand to put him in the picture ? :-/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 12 March 2010, 19:42:37 »

Would it be normal ettiquette for someone to have a chat with the landlord beforehand to put him in the picture ? :-/

I would think that is the best course of action... I'm sure he'll be quite happy for us to descend upon his establishment but it would be courteous for us to ask :y :y

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 12 March 2010, 20:48:32 »

Point taken - will take a trip over during the week and have a chat with the landlord.

albitz

« Reply #56 on: 12 March 2010, 21:11:07 »

Let me know when your going, I might pop over with you if Im around, if thats OK. :y

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 12 March 2010, 21:19:47 »

Let me know when your going, I might pop over with you if Im around, if thats OK. :y

No problem, I will give you a shout.  If I can get someone to look after the kids tomorrow - may even try and get over there then.  Either way I'l let you know.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 12 March 2010, 21:26:21 »

No problem, I will give you a shout.  If I can get someone to look after the kids tomorrow - may even try and get over there then.  Either way I'l let you know.

Isn't that what wives are for :-X :-X :-X ;D ;D ;D

albitz

« Reply #59 on: 12 March 2010, 21:28:49 »

If Im awake I might meet you over there.Might even get the bike out for its first run this year if the weather is decent. :y
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.