Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: FFS - Anazon Drivers  (Read 6455 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: FFS - Anazon Drivers
« Reply #15 on: 27 November 2023, 09:33:51 »

I often have multiple Amazon deliveries a day.  Not all warehouses hold all items, and thus not available for the early vans.
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 November 2023, 10:32:56 »

Makes me wonder what time they could turn up when they put estimated time for delivery of 12AM to 1PM :-\
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 November 2023, 10:45:43 »

Makes me wonder what time they could turn up when they put estimated time for delivery of 12AM to 1PM :-\
Obviously they are 3rd party couriers, so will be variable from region to region, but mine are usually around the timeframe specified :y
Grumpy old man

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 November 2023, 12:57:51 »

Just had to do a return to Amazon for the 1st time. :-\

Bought a backlit keyboard that seems to have a mind of its own, Works fine when it works, but seems temprimental.  Some times I have to unplug then plug it back in, other times its a reboot.

Was asked who I wanted to use for the return Evri or Royal mail.  So I opted for Evri as they deliver to me 2 / 3 times a week.  That was shot down as only Royal Mail collects.

Asked why I cant send it back via thier own drivers. Should have thought of that before I asked, Our village forum is full of complaints about missing items so maybe would get lost on the way back to the depot. :-X

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 November 2023, 14:00:31 »

Amazon don't have any drivers.  Why on earth would you think they do.

RM currently have a promotion of free pickups from residential addresses.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 November 2023, 14:02:21 »

Amazon have also been one of the slickest for returns, even back in the early days of e-commerce when they just sold books and a few CDs.

Trouble with Amazon now, most shit is Marketplace, so you're in the lap of the gods, especially for those not fulfilled by Amazon.
Grumpy old man

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 November 2023, 20:17:08 »

Ordered 2 small items Saturday for next day delivery Sunday by 10pm.  Great as a couple of small Xmas Presents.

9:30pm Sunday I get email saying "A Problem occurred with my order" and then another saying "Damaged in Transit" !!!

FFS !!! More like drive pi55ed off home !!!  As one was pair of earrings !!!  Damaged my ar5e !!

Fair credit to customer service,  online chat at 8:30am this morning and refunded me fully and so re-ordered items and be her, maybe !! tomorrow now.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm 

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 November 2023, 20:42:21 »

I, genuinely, never have trouble with Amazon, and I order loads of stuff. DPD are excellent. Royal Mail are shite for parcels as well as letters. If I'm not in, UPS drop my parcel at the shop five doors away. Hardly used DHL or  Yodel but, when I have, they've been ok. All of the stuff I've had delivered by Evri comes via my local courier, he's good.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 November 2023, 22:32:00 »

That's the thing, EVRI uses franchise local delivery hubs, and it's their responsibility to get the stuff delivered and collected. Ergo, if they subcontract to eejits, then you'll get a really shit service.

The best you can hope for with Evri and Amazunts is that the driver is a solid part of the local community where they operate and have a genuine vested interest in what they're doing. Otherwise you're better off using UPS to almost entirely avoid the subcontractor game altogether.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 November 2023, 07:05:06 »

That's the thing, EVRI uses franchise local delivery hubs, and it's their responsibility to get the stuff delivered and collected. Ergo, if they subcontract to eejits, then you'll get a really shit service.

The best you can hope for with Evri and Amazunts is that the driver is a solid part of the local community where they operate and have a genuine vested interest in what they're doing. Otherwise you're better off using UPS to almost entirely avoid the subcontractor game altogether.
It really doesn't matter who I prefer to use when ordering online, you get what you're given.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 November 2023, 09:17:53 »

It really doesn't matter who I prefer to use when ordering online, you get what you're given.
True, but when a seller says they're using one and it arrives with another, especially Evri and it doesn't turn up, I get quite shitty with the sender.

Avoiding Amazon is easy as I don't buy through or from them.

But my point was that if the company has franchises or uses subcontractors then the service (and parcels) you receive are a total lottery.
« Last Edit: 28 November 2023, 09:21:09 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 November 2023, 17:30:18 »

I have very few issues with any courier, though some take the piss if an item from the EU is hit with a VAT or other import charges.

My issue is with the company/person I'm buying from - egay being the worse by a country mile, as it seems every eBay seller is unhealthy and rushed to hospital, or their granny has died again.  Its embarrassing when a chinky box shifter can ship a printer all the way from Ching Chong china faster than a lazy Brit can post something "fast and Free" on the Gay of E.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28 November 2023, 18:22:03 »

We've bought dozens of items from eBay & Amazon only ever had one problem which was with an eBay seller, item never arrived & he would not answer my messages, my payment was swiftly refunded by eBay.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28 November 2023, 19:46:13 »

My Evri driver is brilliant,

Amazon just send anybody that turned up for a shift that day, 90%+ are brilliant but minor percentage spoil it.

Cant remeber any issues with Ebay deliveries.  Allthought the one item I did sell years ago a foreign numpty though I would send it 1st so that he could then earn money to pay for it.  I of course said NO :y

Same wirh DPD and Yodel, cant think of any issues.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 November 2023, 09:33:29 »

Corsair (Memory) Any one know who they use for delivery?

Guesing from their online help (time /location) they are not in the UK

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.