Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Location of thermostat on 3.0i MV6?  (Read 318 times)

jontommo2004

• Cornwall
    • View Profile
Location of thermostat on 3.0i MV6?
« on: 11 March 2010, 16:36:53 »

Hi all, despite "burping" the pipes on my motor to sort out the engine overheating fault, last run saw the hose from the right hand side(top) to engine block pressured up to the point it was solid, I think it could possibly be the thermostat blocked or faulty. Trouble for me is I dont know exactly where abouts the thermostat is located or how to remove it. Can anyone help? The car is an-expolice 3.0i MV6 on a X plate (2001). Thanks, jon
JT

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Location of thermostat on 3.0i MV6?
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2010, 16:44:09 »

Stat is in the centre of the V in front of the oil cooler, plenum off, injection manifold off, plastic plate off. That bits easy, its removing the coolant transfer pipe thats a b!tch, the bolt that holds the pipe in is refereed to as b@stard bolt, worth taking PAS bracket off to push PAS pipe down to get better access.

Worth ordering a spare transfer pipe as they are brittle, and it will be seized solid. If not at lease get o-rings for it, which are not part of the standard stat kit

jontommo2004

• Cornwall
    • View Profile
Re: Location of thermostat on 3.0i MV6?
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2010, 16:52:58 »

thanks mate, looks like a bit of a shite job. Will prob put in garage as it is too complex for me - I prefer the easy things in life! Thanks for the help  - much appreciated
JT
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.