Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: CV 19 vaccination  (Read 38974 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: CV 19 vaccination
« Reply #255 on: 16 January 2021, 15:57:55 »

All done, after 12 days I will be 29-62% immune.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 16 January 2021, 17:31:04 »

I took my parents for their second one on Wednesday.

It doesn't seem to have an effect: mum is still nuts, dad is still deaf and the remote still won't work on either of them

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 16 January 2021, 18:35:16 »

Saw on the news this morning that the Indian government is planning to vaccinate 300 MILLION people by August , makes our efforts look a bit lame  :(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 16 January 2021, 19:37:53 »

I would rather have a vaccine and associated proof (be that on my driving licence and/or passport/National ID card) and have free access to travel than be victimised for not towing the party line and having a Faceachebook account.

Incidentally, instead of issuing a National Insurance id at 16, a National ID card could be issued as a Provisional Driving Licence to everyone. Adding vaccination records to it would be no hardship. Would simplify travel somewhat...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 16 January 2021, 19:53:28 »

I would rather have a vaccine and associated proof (be that on my driving licence and/or passport/National ID card) and have free access to travel than be victimised for not towing the party line and having a Faceachebook account.

Incidentally, instead of issuing a National Insurance id at 16, a National ID card could be issued as a Provisional Driving Licence to everyone. Adding vaccination records to it would be no hardship. Would simplify travel somewhat...

Most, if not all of the EU has done that for decades.....
In France, you keep your medical records.
And if you prevent your children from having the usual vaccinations, they are not allowed to go to school.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 16 January 2021, 22:13:08 »

Hmmm - not sure it's a good idea issuing driving licenses to the blind, or the severely mentally or physically ill, yet these people may well need their NI number.
 ::)
And getting the Govt to implement a new (computer) system to replace two that basically work fairly well already? What could possibly go wrong  ::) When it comes to govt IT systems, it's definatley a case of if at ain't broke, don't fix it.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 17 January 2021, 10:25:32 »

Even you will have restrictions on your current licence  ::)

It wouldn't involve any chamges to the current system beyond making it illegal not to have one.

I know you're allergic to being visible but we must be the only reasonable country that doesn't have an official ID card andd the licence photocard is already a national ID card in all but name. And it has your National Insurance number on it :-X

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 17 January 2021, 13:10:02 »

Even you will have restrictions on your current licence  ::)

It wouldn't involve any chamges to the current system beyond making it illegal not to have one.

I know you're allergic to being visible but we must be the only reasonable country that doesn't have an official ID card andd the licence photocard is already a national ID card in all but name. And it has your National Insurance number on it :-X

What license photocard? Mine's a pink piece of paper. No NI number on that :D

The issue isn't really with ID cards per-se - it's who is allowed to DEMAND to see it, and whether you have to carry it with you at all times. 

And I ususlaly find that applying 50KV to a chip renders it unreadable. Dunno how that happened occifer.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 17 January 2021, 14:01:49 »

My photocard licence doesn't have my NI number on it. Was the design changed?

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 17 January 2021, 14:14:55 »

cross referencing your details on many Government databases will give access to driving, medical and tax details etc
once you've had the Jab they can track your movements and shopping hobbits too  :P once cash is phased out  :D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 17 January 2021, 14:27:21 »

You need your Nat ins number to apply for a license, so it is on the database.
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 17 January 2021, 15:53:26 »

Had a look at my licence and no NI no. Noticed expiry date was 11/12/2020 and thought shite, it's run out.  :o Then remembered the 11 month Covid extension. Phew.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 17 January 2021, 16:09:16 »

cross referencing your details on many Government databases will give access to driving, medical and tax details etc
once you've had the Jab they can track your movements and shopping hobbits too  :P once cash is phased out  :D

They can do that anyway. Most people carry a mobile tracking device Mobile phone already, and ANPR will follow you around the major road network and streets of many towns/cities.

Even if the Govt did issue a compulsory identity card, you'd still need a Passport for International travel. Can't stamp visas or entry/exit stamps on a card - well not without international approval anyway. And possibly an International Driving Permit to drive.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 17 January 2021, 16:11:58 »

I stand corrected. I could have sworn mine had it on :-\

That being said, it wouldn't be difficult to add it. The only cost being the extra ink. The issue is probably more to do with simplifying access to all your government info on one document.  :-\
« Last Edit: 17 January 2021, 16:19:48 by Doctor Gollum »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 17 January 2021, 16:18:26 »

Mine doesn't, issued in 2016
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.