Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I do hope things are normal by Christmas  (Read 2781 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: I do hope things are normal by Christmas
« Reply #15 on: 17 November 2020, 15:52:14 »

My best mate & his wife have 4 kids  3 are teachers at different schools in Kent, all 3 have now tested positive & are isolating one had been told not to inform any of the other staff, unfortunately she hit send to all button when emailing her friend at the school , why try & hide the problem ?
If PHE found out she'd been told that, someone would be getting a stern talking to.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 November 2020, 16:05:43 »

I think she's had enough of the job now Steve so is ready to tell the whole story , the proverbial should hit the fan pretty soon.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 November 2020, 16:45:53 »

My best mate & his wife have 4 kids  3 are teachers at different schools in Kent, all 3 have now tested positive & are isolating one had been told not to inform any of the other staff, unfortunately she hit send to all button when emailing her friend at the school , why try & hide the problem ?

I just can't understand why anyone would suggest to not inform the others.

I don't have a common place of work, I am a field engineer, so work in different factories/commercial buildings daily.  Almost every site I go to insists (rightly so) that I provide my contact information for Track & Trace.

I assume that if one of the places I have worked at discovered someone who I may/may not have been in contact with during my visit tests +ve for BatFlu, I would be contacted as matter of urgency.  The responsibility would then be mine to contact all the places I have visited in the interim.

What possible benefit would there be for an establishment, especially a school which doesn't earn money through production/sales to falsify, or ignore protocol?  Baffled.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 November 2020, 17:09:29 »

I don't have a common place of work, I am a field engineer, so work in different factories/commercial buildings daily.  Almost every site I go to insists (rightly so) that I provide my contact information for Track & Trace.

I assume that if one of the places I have worked at discovered someone who I may/may not have been in contact with during my visit tests +ve for BatFlu, I would be contacted as matter of urgency.  The responsibility would then be mine to contact all the places I have visited in the interim.

What possible benefit would there be for an establishment, especially a school which doesn't earn money through production/sales to falsify, or ignore protocol?  Baffled.

For exactly the same reason some headteachers tried to stop teachers installing the covid-19 app on their phones, or told them to ignore any covid-19 app warnings ....

All they are interested is making sure teachers turn up for work, regardless.. as if a teacher goes off sick they have to pay for a temp to cover that place, or send kids home... both of which impacts on their finaces ... so money before health ..... thats the NUT/NAHT philosophy.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 November 2020, 17:10:04 »

Rules? What rules?  :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 November 2020, 17:21:34 »

For exactly the same reason some headteachers tried to stop teachers installing the covid-19 app on their phones, or told them to ignore any covid-19 app warnings ....

All they are interested is making sure teachers turn up for work, regardless.. as if a teacher goes off sick they have to pay for a temp to cover that place, or send kids home... both of which impacts on their finaces ... so money before health ..... thats the NUT/NAHT philosophy.
You never let me down, the usual, ignorant bollix.
You are a stupid old man, with no idea how things work in the real world.
« Last Edit: 17 November 2020, 17:24:25 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 November 2020, 17:33:20 »

Course I am ....

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/teachers-told-to-disable-nhs-contact-tracing-app-claims-union/

https://www.tes.com/news/telling-teachers-disable-covid-app-risking-lives
« Last Edit: 17 November 2020, 17:35:30 by Entwood »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 November 2020, 17:41:40 »

Course I am ....

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/teachers-told-to-disable-nhs-contact-tracing-app-claims-union/

https://www.tes.com/news/telling-teachers-disable-covid-app-risking-lives
They were told to disable it for a reason, but I'm not going to justify your idiotic post with an explanation. If you're so clever, work it out.
And, as for the saving money bit, you ........well, you just haven't got a clue.
Come back when you've had the virus and then gone straight back on 12 hour days, trying to keep  the system going. Only to be pilloried by fùcking idiots, sitting in their little bubbles pontificating.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 November 2020, 17:53:51 »

It's all fine, it doesn't affect the children.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 November 2020, 18:03:15 »

It's all fine, it doesn't affect the children.
No, nor the 37% of the staff in wifey's schools who caught it from them.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 November 2020, 18:08:07 »

Imagine how many children there are in a school, then add the staff. Every one of them with a mobile phone, all in contact with each other, all day long. Imagine an app which told you to self isolate if your phone had been near another phone of someone who had tested positive.
School.....every school, closed.
Diesel till I die

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 November 2020, 18:23:00 »

Imagine how many children there are in a school, then add the staff. Every one of them with a mobile phone, all in contact with each other, all day long. Imagine an app which told you to self isolate if your phone had been near another phone of someone who had tested positive.

And whilst that would cause a MAJOR inconvenience to the population, even those without Children, isn't that exactly what the Track and Trace system was designed to do?
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 November 2020, 18:36:13 »

Ooh, a cynic ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 November 2020, 18:38:04 »

And whilst that would cause a MAJOR inconvenience to the population, even those without Children, isn't that exactly what the Track and Trace system was designed to do?
The government will not let schools close. When it was suggested to Nick Gibb last week his answer was "It's not going to happen". Please don't believe the shite the government are putting out with regards to the situation in schools.
Public Health England know all about the app being turned off in schools and Sheffield local authority sent out an email with instructions to that effect.
These rags have got no idea what's happening on the ground, with their staff working from home.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17 November 2020, 18:39:41 »

Plus, I'll miss Jaime's thread about what he should get from Mrs TB.  ;D
Strange you should mention that, as she was nagging me yesterday about it.

So what should I ask for. Besides a phone, obviously.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.