Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: satnav on phone/pda setup..help  (Read 1142 times)

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
satnav on phone/pda setup..help
« on: 09 February 2007, 22:36:33 »

Before i go out of my mind with this damn software any body know how to setup tom tom on my spv m600 phone.

All ideas welcome or donations to buy a big hammer to end my problem.
I have installed tom tom software, connected a bluetooth receiver but when i try to use tom tom it says no maps found....Heeeelllllpppp anyone what have i done wrong. It seems that the software is not loaded tidy but i have followed instructions and getting no where,,or maybe round in circles or drunk as im now on the guinness..

Answers on a postcard please.
Is the world ready for me..

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: satnav on phone/pda setup..help
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2007, 22:46:17 »

have you copied the maps? The software is install on the phone, you then need to put the maps on a memory card. Usually phones don't have enough built in memory for the maps.

Maps for the UK are around 100mb, so you need a 256mb memory card at least in your phone.

You can select the map, in Preferences, Select Map I think....

I run TomTom Mobile 6 on my Nokia N80, got a 2GB MiniSD card in it, with maps for Europe on it too  :y

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2007, 22:51:38 »

Yes have installed all i need..I think. all on the storage card. when i check it says gb maps but try to open and then says no maps found... Im getting duller in my old age thats a fact or technology is passing me by..thats what it is i need a 7 year old to show me what to do...Im on the beer to forget where ive put the hammer, so far its working as i open another can.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 February 2007, 23:14:57 »

odd should work if it displays GB maps, they should be in a folder called "Great-Britian" on the root of the storage card i think, I also have the postcode file which lists all the UK's full postcode if you need it.

You might already have it, should be a folder called "zip" on the root of the memory card

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 February 2007, 23:21:29 »

I cant get to any screen on the software at all. I click on navigator and after a few seconds it says no maps found which makes me beleive the software is not loaded correctly...the way things are going i will need a postcode on the fridge just to find another can...Oh well back to the drawing board via the fridge.. Thanks for your help. Do you know if i used another sd card thats working and put it in my phone would it work then or would it have to be installed with my own phone because im thinking i could get someone else to set it up on the card for me and hey presto no hammer ??

Ronald_McBurger

« Reply #5 on: 09 February 2007, 23:38:55 »

Right, this is a bit complex so I will be as gentle as I can.

I have a Tomtom ONE and also several PDA's. The Palm Tungsten T5, the Handspring Treo 650 and the HP (comapq) rz-1710.

The 1710 should have come with Michelin sat nav siftware but didn't. I have however got the sat nav receiver and cradle for it. The Treo is too big and clumsy to use for sat nav, and the Tungsten is the best option , but I do not have the receiver for it.

I do have the SD card for the tomtom ONE and an SD slot in the 1710. So, try it in there? No doesn';t work.

So, I downloaded the PDA version of tomtom for the 1710, unzipped it, unRAR'd it, unscrambled it, burned it onto the CD before installing the beaming partitioner to the hard drive (backup partition) and then sleezed the file onto a Zap disk ready to convert onto the SD card encryption program on my laptop. Oncve the Zap was made, all I had to do was to wiffle the SD card in WinRAR and load tomtom onto the wiffled SD card. Now, I can put the same card in the Tomtom ONE, the Palm Tungsten, The 1710 AND the Treo!!! Fantastic achievement even if I do say so myself. It doesn't work of course because most of the above is complete b ollocks, but at least it will put a smile on your face and make you feel a little less stressed by what you are doing.

So, try this method. I am sure it will help.

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 February 2007, 23:47:53 »

Ha Ha..Good to see you back Fin...Ive tried it in page 66 of my a to z of london and it works but when i put the sd card in any other page it starts singing like Barry Manilow..Now its not that i dont like ols Bazza but i do prefer Whitney Houston.. Of course when i put it in the Nottingham a to z it just goes on and on about wishbones and idler arms..Never mind will get there in the end.

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 February 2007, 17:22:43 »

Before i go out of my mind with this damn software any body know how to setup tom tom on my spv m600 phone.

All ideas welcome or donations to buy a big hammer to end my problem.
I have installed tom tom software, connected a bluetooth receiver but when i try to use tom tom it says no maps found....Heeeelllllpppp anyone what have i done wrong. It seems that the software is not loaded tidy but i have followed instructions and getting no where,,or maybe round in circles or drunk as im now on the guinness..

Answers on a postcard please.

See if this helps you.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=270180
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 February 2007, 18:29:24 »

Thanks for your help everyone.
Tom Tom is now working. Done a hard reset and installed again.
Tried it in the kitchen but it did not say turn left at kitchen table to head for the fridge.
Will try in the car on Sunday...I can forget the hammer for now.
Thanks all.

Spongebob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.