Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Water leak, not the scuttle  (Read 1414 times)

peterjohn36

• Fareham
    • View Profile
Water leak, not the scuttle
« on: 22 July 2008, 13:56:12 »

2.2 model, have water in the passenger foot well, the scuttle is dry, also have only just had a new screen fitted no signs of any leak on the old one, screen was changed because of a stone hit the screen, the only thought now is the climate control with condisation, have noticed i never get any water on the ground, 1st of all where should I look for the drain pipe, also any other known problems around this area, taking into account we have had no rain and water is still appearing in foot well, have the carpet up and the larger soundproof part from the floor but have been unable to remove the other part that goes up and under the glove box. Hope this information helps.

Pete

Dazzler

• Omega Baron
  • Haverhill, Suffolk
  • Drive it like you stole it......
    • View Profile
Re: Water leak, not the scuttle
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2008, 14:00:18 »

Sunroof drain tubes??
Heater matrix??
Big jobbies now finished.....Now running on LPG

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2008, 14:06:32 »

2.2 model, have water in the passenger foot well, the scuttle is dry, also have only just had a new screen fitted no signs of any leak on the old one, screen was changed because of a stone hit the screen, the only thought now is the climate control with condisation, have noticed i never get any water on the ground, 1st of all where should I look for the drain pipe, also any other known problems around this area, taking into account we have had no rain and water is still appearing in foot well, have the carpet up and the larger soundproof part from the floor but have been unable to remove the other part that goes up and under the glove box. Hope this information helps.

Pete

Who fitted the screen, not RAC useless and breakling hopeless cant fit a screen to barbies bike waste of space windscreeens?

Any additional wind noise or engine noise since the fitting?

You are absolutely positive the scuttle drain is not blcoked, it is totally clear and has been fully checked and cleaned out?

peterjohn36

• Fareham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2008, 14:12:07 »

Hi, i have had this problem for about 4 weeks now, first port of call was the scuttle and it was bone dry, i only mention the screen as a new was fitted yesturday and the leak is still there, have ruled out the matrix as it is clear water and this has sent me down the climate control side of condisation.

Pete

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 July 2008, 14:18:49 »

Sorry to keep harping on about the scuttle, you say it is bone dry now, but have you actually physicaly checked that it is clear by inspection.

When they clog they tend to still let water through but not as fast as they should so under heavy rain conditions, they fill up and over flow.....then within minutes of it stopping, drain down and the signs are now gone!

peterjohn36

• Fareham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 July 2008, 14:27:07 »

Hi, I checked the scuttle at the first time and it was clear, also have had a hose spraying over the front area of the car, at the onset of the leak and the scuttle was fine, the scuttle drain tube on the facelift is a short lenght straight into the engine bay and it was clear.

Pete

peterjohn36

• Fareham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 July 2008, 17:03:39 »

okay, have now removed the rubber foam which goes up to the glove box, now i have a chance to see where water apears, have taken the upper section of the nozzle of so the scuttle will drain with no resistance, had the engine running for 30 mins or so and the climate control water condisation pipe was working well, so at least I have eliminated a couple of things. Got to try to dry the rubber foam unit that should be fun.

Peter

Pitchfork

• Omega Baron
  • Tadley (near Basingrad)
  • Barndances & Morris
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 July 2008, 19:48:20 »

Have you got a sun-roof???
Almost famous!   www.pitchforkband.co.uk Guitar & PA Amps repaired & serviced
Ears pierced while you wait. PAT & Valve testing

peterjohn36

• Fareham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 July 2008, 21:23:40 »

Have you got a sun-roof???

I do have a sunroof the drain holes look clear at the top, could you tell me where the outlets are if possible.

Pete

Pitchfork

• Omega Baron
  • Tadley (near Basingrad)
  • Barndances & Morris
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 July 2008, 08:32:33 »

If they are blocked it will be somewhere further down. They empty in the wheelarch area as I recall. You can test they're clear by pouring a small amount of water into the sunroof frame & seeing if it dissapears & drips out down below
If you remember the old fashioned net curtains that ran on stiff, plastic coated wire, try to find something like that & gently push down the drains, not too hard in case you dislodge the pipes, then you will have problems
Almost famous!   www.pitchforkband.co.uk Guitar & PA Amps repaired & serviced
Ears pierced while you wait. PAT & Valve testing

peterjohn36

• Fareham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 July 2008, 19:20:21 »

If they are blocked it will be somewhere further down. They empty in the wheelarch area as I recall. You can test they're clear by pouring a small amount of water into the sunroof frame & seeing if it dissapears & drips out down below
If you remember the old fashioned net curtains that ran on stiff, plastic coated wire, try to find something like that & gently push down the drains, not too hard in case you dislodge the pipes, then you will have problems

Will give this ago tonight with the water to see if this is the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.