Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Balance Motorsport  (Read 3121 times)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
Balance Motorsport
« on: 27 November 2014, 12:25:58 »

Hi guys, do oofers still get a discount from Balance Motorsport?
They`re doing some deals and I priced up some B4`s and it came to £165 + delivery so it would be nice to get some extra discount too  ;)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Re: Balance Motorsport
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2014, 12:45:42 »

I'm assuming thats front and rears for that price? such as ebay has them at a tenner cheaper for the fronts. If just the fronts, then thats a tenner more than lots of places
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bilstein-B4-Pair-Front-Shocks-Dampers-VAUXHALL-OMEGA-94-04-2-0-16V-/231317642015

around the £152 mark seems to be 'the price'
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2014, 13:13:59 »

Yeah that's for the fronts and rears, didn`t think it was too bad a price but I`ll shop around and see whats what.
I`m gonna need some new dampers anyway as the OSR is misting oil and I`m sure one of the fronts is going too.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2014, 13:26:08 »

That's a terrific price - best I've got buying the fronts from 1 place, and the rears at another is £188 and some pence.

Let us know how you do. I'm after some myself, and every penny helps with this project - especially now I'm having to budget for a cambelt!!  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2014, 14:06:36 »

IIRC it`s only a little more than I paid for the OE MV6 dampers form Andy Clears and that was discounted and with my recent experience with premature failures with Sachs/Boge I`ll not be buying them again so the Billies seem good value.
The offer ends midnight Friday, Rears are £29.50 each inc VAT and the fronts are £49.50 inc VAT.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2014, 17:42:09 »

A little bit more searching and I`ve found LMF doing them for £175 inc delivery for fronts and rears  :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 November 2014, 18:10:58 »

Speak to Julian at Balance Motorsport, if he can squeeze a bit more on the price for you he will. He does try hard to stay competitive but there's always someone on eBay who promises everything but ultimately doesn't actually have the items to sell you etc etc.

Knocked some cash off a set of Eibach springs for me.  :y

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 November 2014, 18:25:30 »

Cheers, will do  :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 November 2014, 13:13:23 »

Just had a chat and unfortunately there's nothing to be done any lower - sounds like he's making a tenner on the four, so how LMF are doing it at £175, no idea (unless it's like our place where months go by, then someone realises that we're making undercharging on shipping, or something, and all-in we're selling a bathroom suite at a slight loss)

Almost temped to buy them off him because he seemed so decent, even though I'm spending £8 more  :)

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 28 November 2014, 13:25:47 »

Don't be so tight, if good customer service isn't worth £8 then you might as well buy everything from China and to hell with the quality :-[

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 November 2014, 13:52:02 »

Ahem...

Just had a chat and unfortunately there's nothing to be done any lower - sounds like he's making a tenner on the four, so how LMF are doing it at £175, no idea (unless it's like our place where months go by, then someone realises that we're making undercharging on shipping, or something, and all-in we're selling a bathroom suite at a slight loss)

Almost temped to buy them off him because he seemed so decent, even though I'm spending £8 more  :)

::)

You're talking to the man who spent 5 months sourcing British-only made wool for a perfect replica Dr Who scarf, in spite of 80% of the mills etc going bust in the last 50 years, refusing at every twist and turn when offered the perfect colour - but was made in Turkey/China etc... and the man who buys Harris Tweed waistcoats, at three times the price of a Primark / Tesco equivalent, that people regularly question  "but this looks just the same. And look - it's cheaper!'' "Yes," I say, but the sheep were happy, you can drive to the field and see them, if you want (as I have), I'm supporting British industry and it's superior quality." Also didn't I know LMF were Chinese? If they are, that would dissuade me from buying off them.

I am sure I look like I'm making my point forcefully, which I'll proudly admit to, but I don't intend it to come across in a grumpy or nasty way, and it's certainly not meant that way, nothing against you, nothing personal.  :) It's just suggesting I'm not fussed about buying Chinese, in my case, is wrong, that's all. Especially as I happen to be wearing Solovair boots today, instead of DocMartens - because 99% are made in the Far East now, and I refuse to buy them. But honestly, no offence meant :)

peter the butcher

• knaresborough, north yorkshire
  • omega driver as a hobby and now retired :-(
    • 2.6CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 November 2014, 14:13:10 »

Ahem...

::)

You're talking to the man who spent 5 months sourcing British-only made wool for a perfect replica Dr Who scarf, in spite of 80% of the mills etc going bust in the last 50 years, refusing at every twist and turn when offered the perfect colour - but was made in Turkey/China etc... and the man who buys Harris Tweed waistcoats, at three times the price of a Primark / Tesco equivalent, that people regularly question  "but this looks just the same. And look - it's cheaper!'' "Yes," I say, but the sheep were happy, you can drive to the field and see them, if you want (as I have), I'm supporting British industry and it's superior quality." Also didn't I know LMF were Chinese? If they are, that would dissuade me from buying off them.

I am sure I look like I'm making my point forcefully, which I'll proudly admit to, but I don't intend it to come across in a grumpy or nasty way, and it's certainly not meant that way, nothing against you, nothing personal.  :) It's just suggesting I'm not fussed about buying Chinese, in my case, is wrong, that's all. Especially as I happen to be wearing Solovair boots today, instead of DocMartens - because 99% are made in the Far East now, and I refuse to buy them. But honestly, no offence meant :)

Agree 110% with you on that one :y, as a farmers market trader, a lot of the stuff I sell,, is not just british, or even english, but comes from a 45 mile radius of harrogate.
But just because the item, whatever it is, and not just car related.... looks the same, but is £5 cheaper, but made in taiwan, does not mean it will do the job in the long term, last as long,. etc

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 November 2014, 14:17:55 »

The LMF price is discounted from the usual price, maybe it`s old stock they want to clear, I don`t know.
The Balance deal ends at midnight tonight and until I`ve checked my bank balance (no pun intended) I can`t say I`ll be getting them this weekend.
If I need to wait a week or two then I`ll get them from LMF but it`s been an expensive couple of weeks and `ve not even started getting stuff for the car yet, I`ve got quite a shopping list, cambelt kit, dampers and top mounts and maybe some springs  :'(

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 November 2014, 14:41:12 »

Ooooh, ouch! The perfect time of year for all that, too!  :o

If it helps you out, Julian did mention that if I wasn't able to purchase 'now' (I mentioned I am at work presently) then he would still honour the current price later on, into next week, even after the price has risen to it's 'pre-Black Friday' level.  :y

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 November 2014, 17:52:44 »

I took the plunge and ordered the B4`s  :y 

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 28 November 2014, 18:20:28 »

I took the plunge and ordered the B4`s  :y
You won't regret it.  :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 December 2014, 08:24:54 »

Mee too  :y

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 December 2014, 08:33:44 »

Mee too  :y

Looks like we`ll be busy over Christmas  ;D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 December 2014, 09:10:59 »

:y

Do you think it would be a nice idea for me to buy some presents for some other members of the family, aside from my car?   ::)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 December 2014, 13:32:43 »

:y

Do you think it would be a nice idea for me to buy some presents for some other members of the family, aside from my car?   ::)

Probably  ;) I`m in the same boat, just had to get a new battery too and my shopping list extends to a cambelt kit and new top mounts for my dampers, vertical front wishbone bush and quite possibly the rear wishbone bushes too ::)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 December 2014, 15:02:38 »

Umm... me too! Well, got strut top mounts, vertical bush and battery the other week. Ordering a cambelt/pulley over the next few days.  :y

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 December 2014, 23:18:50 »

Expensive days eh?  ;D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03 December 2014, 14:41:57 »

Just having to keep these purchases a secret - otherwise my demeanour and reputation for 'having no money' will falter, and people will be expecting expensive christmas prezzies!

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 December 2014, 22:23:09 »

Just having to keep these purchases a secret - otherwise my demeanour and reputation for 'having no money' will falter, and people will be expecting expensive christmas prezzies!

It`s hard to keep a mahoosive Bilstein box a secret though  ;D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 December 2014, 23:28:56 »

Changed the delivery address to my workplace  :y

Ker-ching!!!

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.