Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 110   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 142656 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #450 on: 25 February 2023, 23:01:31 »

Same here in Spain. Especially the nearside lane of motorways.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 25 February 2023, 23:03:24 »

My gripe today is equipment that comes perfectly packaged in the smallest box possible. Use it once and then it is impossible to get back in the box. Why?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 25 February 2023, 23:43:35 »

My gripe today is equipment that comes perfectly packaged in the smallest box possible. Use it once and then it is impossible to get back in the box. Why?

At the other end of the scale, you order something from Amazon, EuroCarparts, Wherever and it comes in a huge box about 10x too big and with loads of packing inside to stop your widget from rattling around. Why?  ::) 
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 26 February 2023, 10:59:43 »

At the other end of the scale, you order something from Amazon, EuroCarparts, Wherever and it comes in a huge box about 10x too big and with loads of packing inside to stop your widget from rattling around. Why?  ::) 
So you can't send it Amigo.  ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 26 February 2023, 11:50:19 »

Went out for a meal last night. Food was very nice but it was ruined by two things.
At the next table were a group of morons, and one bloke in particular couldnt just speak. He had to shout every word at the top of his voice, and was constantly effing and blinding, despite the fact there were families with children present.
It was seriously pissing me off, but swmbo kept looking at me and shaking her head in that way that says "dont you dare". ::)
By the end of the night I was looking at the chair behind him and fantasising about breaking it over his head.  ;D
I was disappointed that the staff didnt ask him to pipe down as he was likely to get on other customers nerves, but they just ignored it.
Myself and our son didnt want a dessert, but swmbo did and asked for the dessert menu. Her dessert arrived 50 minutes later.
They apologised for the delay, giving the excuse they had a large party in the function room.
Bring in more bloody staff then ffs !
Anyway, I paid the bill, and didnt leave a tip, which I dont like doing, but what could have been a very nice evening had been spoilt, so fack em. ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 26 February 2023, 13:33:58 »

I once purchased a festoon bulb for the rear number plate from ECP.

It arrived in a 2ft x 3ft cardboard box.

Free postage back than on all items, so I doubt they made much profit from the 89p I paid. ;D

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 26 February 2023, 17:44:57 »

Went out for a meal last night. Food was very nice but it was ruined by two things.
At the next table were a group of morons, and one bloke in particular couldnt just speak. He had to shout every word at the top of his voice, ……….

This happened to us a few weeks back. Large group of men having a right laugh, and one of them had a really loud laugh. They were sat at a large round table, next to our table. Once the loud laugh had got inside our heads we were just waiting for the next laugh to distract us. We use this restaurant on an almost weekly basis, not that it gives us any sense of entitlement, so my brother-in-law asked if the staff could tell them to lower it a notch. They wouldn’t, so we asked to be moved to a different area, which they also declined, stating staff shortages as the reason that everyone was at tables in one area. We skipped our usual starters, eat our mains, skipped our usual puddings and coffee and left before tempers flared. We told the staff why we hadn’t tipped on this occasion. It’s annoying when someone with a big gob can spoil your evening.  >:(
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 26 February 2023, 18:21:14 »

Stupidity on the part of the staff. They allow these cretins to lose them valuable custom. I wont go back there again, despite the fact its a five minute drive and the food was very good.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 26 February 2023, 23:16:17 »

Eating out is a bit of a lottery these days due to various factors, Staff shortages being one and also entitled fellow diners who have no consideration for others.  >:(

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 27 February 2023, 08:54:39 »

There are only two pubs that we use for eating out purely for the reasons that have been discussed in this topic, fortunately both are run by ex coppers so there is no bad behaviour tolerated & of course the food is terrific.
« Last Edit: 27 February 2023, 08:58:28 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 27 February 2023, 16:04:45 »

Not being able to use a card to pay for parking.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 27 February 2023, 21:40:14 »

Literally haven't driven the Omega since it's last NCT ( MOT) last April due to my wife's health .
Anyway , whilst in the garage today I thought I'd get it booked in for it's next NCT in April .
Six weeks should be enough time to get a date in or around my test date .
Now here in Ireland the test is conducted by a private company , Applus , rather than every other private garage as it is in UK , so there is little choice of venue or date far less time .
So I popped in my details and ........................ first date available at my nearest test centre ( 32 miles away ) 30 September 2023
FFS  >:(
There is a note to say that they are experiencing a large demand just now  ::) and to contact the priorty line to " try" and get a date within 28  days
I recall this happened last year but the forecast date was only a couple of months away and I contacted them and was given an appointment for the test at 10 .50 pm on a Friday night with the inevitable delay the car went through the test lane at 11.25 pm and I got out minutes before midnight .
I guess I'll just have to go through the process again .
Scandelous

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 27 February 2023, 22:02:05 »

Fkg hell I phoned at 3.30 this afternoon.. I’ll be in Tonypandy a couple of miles from me at 11pm tomorrow for mine😱
Laying a rubber road.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 27 February 2023, 23:43:03 »

not just today but everyday. that guy & his so called nieghbour who advertises the sun life insurance , I find the advert annoying & very nauseating , parsley jam indeed ??? ???

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 28 February 2023, 00:39:22 »

not just today but everyday. that guy & his so called nieghbour who advertises the sun life insurance , I find the advert annoying & very nauseating , parsley jam indeed ??? ???

Poor old fellow, he's looking forward to dying so his family can have a piss up with his insurance money..all perfectly normal 😂
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 110   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.