Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Long shot but... Clutch for swaps for some 308 vectra disks and pads??  (Read 1350 times)

maracus

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambs
  • Hahaha cool- 1000+bhp combined on the drive!!!!!!!
    • 3.0mv6 auto, cav4x4 turbo
    • View Profile

Hi I have a sudden need for new disks and pads for my cavalier turbo in preparation for Santa pod.
Only trouble is I'm skint 'til payday so thought I'd post on here a clutch that I have for an omega. It's the smaller of the two sizes iirc.

Basically the wrong clutch got fitted a few years ago on my omega, good old mr clutch, and it would judder on pulling away.  A few weeks later I brought the right clutch and changed it myself so this ones done only a couple of thousand miles. Only downer is I left it outside on the one night it rained so has some staining to it, if anyone feels this clutch looks no good cause of the staining, feel free to say and ill bin it, I don't want to rip anyone off.. anyways...

Ideally, someone on here needs a clutch, and happens to have some 308mm vectra disks and pads (front) kicking about that are in good condition that they'd be prepared to straight swap?

Or the cash to buy the brake parts would be equally suitable haha!

I'm Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, but off on holiday next week so will be travelling up the A1/A66/Glasgow/inverness on the Tuesday, so could bring the clutch with me, or can be collected from mine before the end of the bank holiday..

Would be great if anyone can help out  ;D
The weather is here... Wish you were beautiful!

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile

so lets make this clear. this clutch was on you car fitted by mr clutch?
how much cash you want and what clutch plate size?
thanks

maracus

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambs
    • View Profile

I can't remember the size exactly but iirc there's a choice of two, this ones the smaller one of the two.. So its not the one that should be found on a 2.5 td!
I'll confirm the size ASAP...

As for price... Either some brakes as said or, seeing as it's just sitting here, I'll take £60 for it if it gets it gone before I go on holiday  ;)

The car went into mr clutch, it wasn't right from the off so I took it back at my next convenience where they then allegedly replaced it, I can't remember if there was slippage occurring as well but there was definitely a judder, but they "replaced" it and it was still the same. So I was expecting them to take it apart and try and fob me off with "your flywheels warped so we've faced it" so me and my mate had it out at our next oppurtunity to do so, it was bolted on air gun-tight, and when we compared it to the one I'd collected that day it was about 1/2 or so smaller than the one we were about to put on.

Do you want me to pop round with it so you can have a nosey at it?

maracus

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambs
    • View Profile

^ car initially went to mr clutch for a new clutch initially, just to make that clear  ::)

maracus

• Intermediate Member
  • Cambs
    • View Profile

Just been checking the size, I measured it at 228/230mm (pardon my poor measuring vagueness) so from checking online, it would seem the size is 230mm (the one I finally fitted was 240mm)

And it's an LUK kit too  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.