Chat Area > General Car Chat

Windscreen Washers

(1/3) > >>

Sir Tigger KC:
For a while the windscreen washers on the Mondeo have been crap, particularly on the drivers side and yesterday that side stopped working.  :(

So I pulled off the hoses and discovered a little one way valve just before the drivers side nozzle that had jammed. I freed it up and got it flowing again (kind of..) put it all back together, adjusted the nozzles and now I have nothing, nada, zilch! Just a clicking of a relay somewhere in the glovebox.  >:(

Have I shocked the pump to it's early demise?  :-\  ::)  :D

Doctor Gollum:
There is fluid in it?

Sir Tigger KC:
There is fluid in it.

I was going to check the filter to see how gummed up that is, before the pump died.....

TheBoy:
Its likely the pump that's now failed, but usual checks for 12v at the pump etc...   ...and while there, pull it out to check for blockages that end.

Sir Tigger KC:
Quick update. The pump lives!  :y 

But not for long.  :-\  I suspect the pump filter is gunged up with crap.  :(

According to Haynes the front bumper has to come off.... but I've seen a Youtube vid where the bloke takes off the bumper under tray and gets at it that way, although he had it on a lift which made it look easier than lying on your back on drive getting drenched with screen wash when you pull the pump out!  ::)

Decided to do some gardening instead.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version