Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Rain Sensor

(1/3) > >>

WHITE OMEGA:
Hello All
I just retrofit a complete rain senor set ...the question is How does it work ..is there anything that activate or disactivate the sensor ...and how to check the connections?

Regards

TheBoy:
If wired in correctly with the correct stalk (one without the variable wipe), it should just work when in the intermittent position.

I have a nagging doubt that the rain sensor windscreen is different to the standard windscreen, to allow the camera to work...

To be honest, on the Omega, the standard intermittent wipe is more effective than the automatic wipe, which seems to detect is its raining on another continent.

speedy_ns:
Also, there are two types of rain sensors, for UV and non UV windscreen ( which I learned the hard way)

Doctor Gollum:
Screen is different as it has a lens added to it along with the mounting point for the sensor.

Heat reflective screen is additionally different.

VXL V6:

--- Quote from: speedy_ns on 03 January 2024, 08:52:54 ---Also, there are two types of rain sensors, for UV and non UV windscreen ( which I learned the hard way)

--- End quote ---
Believe that is a Tech II setting. I've had the same physical Sensor fitted to both standard and Heat Reflective windscreens without issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version