Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3104215 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #23265 on: 02 January 2022, 16:31:53 »

Vacuumed it.  And chucked 2 of the mats in the washing machine.
Hmmm.....you washed it earlier in the week. I think it's time you were back at work.
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23266 on: 02 January 2022, 17:15:52 »

Washed it, then the heavens opened.  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23267 on: 02 January 2022, 18:32:41 »

Vacuumed it.  And chucked 2 of the mats in the washing machine.
Hmmm.....you washed it earlier in the week. I think it's time you were back at work.
I know, the poor car must think its Christmas or something....
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23268 on: 02 January 2022, 19:10:30 »

Al is quite a good driver, he used to have his own taxi.
Er, thanks... I think ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #23269 on: 03 January 2022, 09:41:28 »

Made it to my unit yesterday after 2 months lay off , cleaned and painted the Omega front hubs for the Austin but the screws for back plate wont come out so just slapped some Smootharite on . Painted the Metro heater  plastic panel in Plasticote so its now black to match the rest of the Omega plastic bits . Will see if I can stick the control marking labels back on next and bolt it in place.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23270 on: 03 January 2022, 11:31:09 »

Looked at it out of the window to see that it's still there. Would have gone out of the front door, but apparently that's frowned upon when you're waiting for the next bus/succumbing from TCV.  ::)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23271 on: 03 January 2022, 13:55:08 »

10 mill bolt came loose on the Jags gear selector cable it was showing reverse when the stick was at Park. Had to get a screwdriver  in it to get out of park (which it wasn’t in🤣) then Jack the car up and put a new bolt in while I had someone sit in the car with their foot on the brake as of course it happened on a hill :o apparently it happens frequently on these. Next time it’s up on the ramp I will be refitting them with locktite on.
Laying a rubber road.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23272 on: 10 January 2022, 17:58:36 »

Removed the turbo from Pierre. Its fooked.  ::)
Not sure why there was oil all over the engine bay though. Not sure where its leaked out from.  :-\
I replaced the cam seal about  year ago. Hope it isnt that again as I dont really want to do the job twice.
Especially at this time of year.
Need to try and find out before spending out on a remanufactured turbo though. Dont want to waste any more money on the little contraption than I already have.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23273 on: 10 January 2022, 18:59:09 »

The Mondeo decided to hold a spontaneous tyre deflation event this evening in Tesco car park in the pissing rain!  >:(

So more of a case of So what has your car done to you today?   ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23274 on: 10 January 2022, 19:44:38 »

The old girl went for an MOT today and it looks like the news is not good.  :( Garage rung me late this afternoon and tin worm has taken over! I have not been to see the rot yet but have been seriously thinking about what to do about it!  I was going to sell/get rid of this year, but medical issues caught up with me late last year. I need a car to go to Raigmore hospital Inverness on a regular basis. The quandry is, do I get some welding done and keep her going? I am of an age that driving will get more difficult but need the old grl. I cannot be arsed looking for another car at this stage in my life. I do know a welder that does that sort of thing, so I might go down that road first to see what he says. What do you fellow OOF'ers think?  :-\ :-\ 
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23275 on: 10 January 2022, 19:49:14 »

The old girl went for an MOT today and it looks like the news is not good.  :( Garage rung me late this afternoon and tin worm has taken over! I have not been to see the rot yet but have been seriously thinking about what to do about it!  I was going to sell/get rid of this year, but medical issues caught up with me late last year. I need a car to go to Raigmore hospital Inverness on a regular basis. The quandry is, do I get some welding done and keep her going? I am of an age that driving will get more difficult but need the old grl. I cannot be arsed looking for another car at this stage in my life. I do know a welder that does that sort of thing, so I might go down that road first to see what he says. What do you fellow OOF'ers think?  :-\ :-\

If I were you I'd get the work done better the devil you know, obviously cost has to be considered but the car does seem valuable to you at present.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23276 on: 10 January 2022, 19:52:36 »

What I think, Drew, is that the omega should be way down your list of priorities. If you need a reliable, comfortable car that you can trust to get you back and forth to hospital, and you can afford such a car, you should be buying it. Your health is far more important than any car.
I was looking the other day and the Skoda superb struck me as a real alternative to the omega. Big, comfortable and certainly more up to date.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23277 on: 10 January 2022, 20:43:01 »

Or a Barge... With a long MoT...

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #23278 on: 10 January 2022, 20:51:39 »

What I think, Drew, is that the omega should be way down your list of priorities. If you need a reliable, comfortable car that you can trust to get you back and forth to hospital, and you can afford such a car, you should be buying it. Your health is far more important than any car.
I was looking the other day and the Skoda superb struck me as a real alternative to the omega. Big, comfortable and certainly more up to date.

I have to agree with the Scouser on this one, new(ish), comfortable, reliable, with a warranty is where it's at given what else you have going on in your life ATM.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23279 on: 10 January 2022, 21:00:23 »

You may as well ask for a price for the welding
if the Omega is otherwise Ok ,not needing much doing then £300 or so for welding gives you another year or 2 in a car you are comfortable with is money well spent .  :)
even new cars (if you can find one ) can have problems
and "public transport" has it's problems too  :-X

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.