Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

coolant sensor

(1/1)

daisy:
Hi all, Have a coolant low warning on my car, so I changed the coolant following Tunnies Coolant Flush & Change in the Maintenance Guides on this forum. But I'm still having the warning on the dash.
Q: Could it now be a faulty sensor or broken wire which is the problem?
If it is the sensor, Where is it situated on the engin and could I easily check it or change it?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Daisy

TheBoy:

--- Quote ---Hi all, Have a coolant low warning on my car, so I changed the coolant following Tunnies Coolant Flush & Change in the Maintenance Guides on this forum. But I'm still having the warning on the dash.
Q: Could it now be a faulty sensor or broken wire which is the problem?
If it is the sensor, Where is it situated on the engin and could I easily check it or change it?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Daisy
--- End quote ---
Its underneath the expansion bottle, and the switch is easily damaged if some ham fisted mechanic has missed the bottle when filing with coolant ;)

Marks DTM Calib:
Yep, pop the metal securing clip off the left hand edge of the coolant bottle and move it a few cm's to teh right, you can then turn the bottle over....here you will see an electrical connector plugged into the base of the tank which connects to the sensor...check its clean and still well attached, re-fit is reverse of removal.

With the tank re-fitted, pop the cap off and look into the top of the header tank and you should see the dense polystyrene float, see if its actualy floating and not covered in crudd which can make it sink.

daisy:
Thanks fellas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version