Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Police Are "Useless" - Reasons Why The Public Think So  (Read 4582 times)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Police Are "Useless" - Reasons Why The Public Think So
« Reply #30 on: 02 September 2019, 21:00:23 »

Now YZ250, let's start again........especially now you have fully explained your reasons why you are dissatisfied after being let down by the police ......

My blood pressure has just started to come down to normal levels so for my own health I won't re-visit this thread.  ;D
In the absence of a 'shaking hand' smiley, I'll leave it at that.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02 September 2019, 21:27:12 »

Now YZ250, let's start again........especially now you have fully explained your reasons why you are dissatisfied after being let down by the police ......

My blood pressure has just started to come down to normal levels so for my own health I won't re-visit this thread.  ;D
In the absence of a 'shaking hand' smiley, I'll leave it at that.  :y

Thank you for that, and I apologise for any offence I may have caused, with the effect on your blood pressure :) :) ;)

Believe me, i know what that is like! ;D ;D :y

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02 September 2019, 22:39:39 »

a few years back my wallet was nicked in the local pub, cards stopped that night.
following morning "someone" used my card to fill a car in Leeds,
that evening the other card was used to fill a car,
slam dunk said I garages have cctv, you have them, car reg and video of the perp.

too much bother apparently, I thought the cops would welcome a crime and clear up on the stats?
the following week my wife was pulled for driving over a white line to get round roadworks........... 3 points

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03 September 2019, 18:15:55 »

Ignoring the occasional arrogant piece of shit copper, who wants to be there just to be an arse, I find most are reasonable, down to earth people doing the best they can.

But they are not allowed to when catching the phone users is easier than sorting more serious crime - not that using a phone is acceptable. But nor is armed robbery.

You said in another thread, LZ, that the plod wouldn't attend without armed backup (which they never even bothered calling), but that does not excuse them for not taking evidence.  Nope, its going to involve a bit more manpower, so give a crime number instead.

Another thing that gets my goat is my local full time station (Brakkers is very, very part time), all the staff use marked company cars to drive 3 miles to the Super Sausage.  Yes, they deserve breaks, but not to use company cars to drive from the cop shop to breakkie.  Its not a clever idea, is it.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03 September 2019, 18:19:06 »

Ignoring the occasional arrogant piece of shit copper, who wants to be there just to be an arse, I find most are reasonable, down to earth people doing the best they can.

But they are not allowed to when catching the phone users is easier than sorting more serious crime - not that using a phone is acceptable. But nor is armed robbery.

You said in another thread, LZ, that the plod wouldn't attend without armed backup (which they never even bothered calling), but that does not excuse them for not taking evidence. Nope, its going to involve a bit more manpower, so give a crime number instead.

Another thing that gets my goat is my local full time station (Brakkers is very, very part time), all the staff use marked company cars to drive 3 miles to the Super Sausage.  Yes, they deserve breaks, but not to use company cars to drive from the cop shop to breakkie.  Its not a clever idea, is it.

No, I couldn't agree more TB, as they should, if not must do that! :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03 September 2019, 18:28:23 »

You said in another thread, LZ, that the plod wouldn't attend without armed backup (which they never even bothered calling), but that does not excuse them for not taking evidence. Nope, its going to involve a bit more manpower, so give a crime number instead.

I need your rose tinted glasses.

We had a spate of cashpoint "issues" here a couple of years ago - to the point there were none in the town accessible when the shops were shut, only the ones inside Coop and Budgens - and they were always empty.

I got chatting, one pleasant Friday night down the pub, to one of the assistant managers at a larger supermarket, and how the police weren't interested, even when the security bloke driving around in the big armed van was attacked vicisously to steal the case.  Again no evidence gathering. The cctv was offered, but turned down.  I suspect a crime number was given, so that's alright then.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03 September 2019, 18:44:41 »

I need your rose tinted glasses.

We had a spate of cashpoint "issues" here a couple of years ago - to the point there were none in the town accessible when the shops were shut, only the ones inside Coop and Budgens - and they were always empty.

I got chatting, one pleasant Friday night down the pub, to one of the assistant managers at a larger supermarket, and how the police weren't interested, even when the security bloke driving around in the big armed van was attacked vicisously to steal the case.  Again no evidence gathering. The cctv was offered, but turned down.  I suspect a crime number was given, so that's alright then.

Well sorry TB, you cannot have them! :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;)

In actual fact I have not got them either contrary to common opinion here! ::) ::) :P :P

I have just learnt to take each day at a time, and look at the positives I can identify before, then, identifying the negatives, often bad ones that can't be ignored.  When I find them I shout, and shout loud, in various directions to many authorities, companies and individuals.  That way I get results, like full refunds, compensation, and helping to make others see how changes of policy could assist their entity.

With the police I am as an advisor, what they call, a critical friend, who advises in a positive, constructive way, and still make my very strong feelings known as and when necessary.  That I learned many years ago in business management when I was known as not being a "yes" woman. Strangely that was highly valued by one director in particular, but others as well, which put me on a fast track promotion, helped initially by exposing a serious criminal within the company who was highly rated by them. No matter what they said I knew, and then could prove he was bent; subsequently he went to prison!  As did others I exposed during the course of my duties.

I could go on and on about this, but I have lived a life where I gained by praising the positive, before demolishing the negative over and over again.  An added benefit of that is my blood pressure is kept low and I look, I am told, young for my age! :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;)

But everyone to their own; we all handle life, real gritty life, the best we do! 8) 8) 8) :y
« Last Edit: 03 September 2019, 18:48:03 by Lizzie Zoom »

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 03 September 2019, 21:32:43 »

I counted 15 in it ......
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.