Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone smell bullshit?  (Read 3264 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone smell bullshit?
« Reply #15 on: 22 July 2021, 18:58:11 »

I guess it doesn't help the Firstline is essentially shopping local given the proximity of their shed :-\

Presumably there isn't a viable alternative beyond main deal for him to get parts?
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 July 2021, 19:06:47 »

I guess it doesn't help the Firstline is essentially shopping local given the proximity of their shed :-\

Presumably there isn't a viable alternative beyond main deal for him to get parts?
For any garage, there is little choice but eurtoshite (or their associated companies like AP and CAF).  TPS are obviously viable for VAG parts, and Trade Club was viable for Vauxhall.  But when you need delivery within an hour or 2 for any car, you are tied to companies in the euroshite group
Grumpy old man

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 July 2021, 08:46:47 »

After reading the article my immediate thoughts were that it is simple protectionism aimed at reducing the ability to use non EU branded parts thus quietly excluding non EU manufacturers./sources from the ring fenced market .

Charge the end user more / keep the cheap suppliers out ..........win ,win for the EU .

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 July 2021, 09:08:54 »

For any garage, there is little choice but eurtoshite (or their associated companies like AP and CAF).  TPS are obviously viable for VAG parts, and Trade Club was viable for Vauxhall.  But when you need delivery within an hour or 2 for any car, you are tied to companies in the euroshite group

Not every part you need is available from a main dealer. Nor does every part supplied by ECP(or any other factor) have an unacceptable life.

And then you need to factor in the customer: you can, and probably would insist on fitting a £70 genuine crank sensor over a £35 generic one, to the point of refusing to do the job. Now consider something like an Omega wishbone, and the ridiculous price of a genuine compared to the others that are available - It's highly likely that nobody would agree to pay for the genuine one.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 July 2021, 10:51:42 »

Not every part you need is available from a main dealer. Nor does every part supplied by ECP(or any other factor) have an unacceptable life.

And then you need to factor in the customer: you can, and probably would insist on fitting a £70 genuine crank sensor over a £35 generic one, to the point of refusing to do the job. Now consider something like an Omega wishbone, and the ridiculous price of a genuine compared to the others that are available - It's highly likely that nobody would agree to pay for the genuine one.
They would have no choice if only genuine was available.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 July 2021, 14:06:02 »

Yes which takes you back to Don's point.

After reading the article my immediate thoughts were that it is simple protectionism aimed at reducing the ability to use non EU branded parts thus quietly excluding non EU manufacturers./sources from the ring fenced market .

Charge the end user more / keep the cheap suppliers out ..........win ,win for the EU .
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 July 2021, 14:28:31 »

Hmm, I once made the mistake of fitting aftermarket Delphi which lasted 5 minutes. Well the bushes did. They were OK once decent bushes were fitted.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 July 2021, 14:44:52 »

There was an acknowledged fault with a batch of the Delphi ones. But as you say, easily sorted with decent bushes ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.