Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157082 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #315 on: 21 May 2012, 21:23:48 »

Personally I think the forum has not been as much fun as it used to be well before the Daz/Ljay incident. I said to TB a while back that I think the helpful spirit of the forum changed when people like myself started charging for work to be done on Omegas which has all but put an end to cambelt parties. The cambelt parties were a great place for people to put names to faces which would then encourage more people to the Lakes and Newent, it also helps when your having a bit of banter on the forum because you know the person you are having the banter with so they are less likely to take offence.

I know I might be cutting my own throat here because since loosing my job the Omega money is my only income but its what I think has changed the forum :-\

So Its Petes fault

glads thats sorted..stone him then ban him and stone him some more.

personally i think the service Pete, james and Daz and others offer is one of the attractions of the forum Daz has saved me an absolute fortune and in honesty if it was not form him the cost of repairing my car would have been uneconmical

if you should choose to do it for free at meets and i know you do its your choice but imho the money you save members and what you do for it you should get a pat on the back and back side for Daz :y

But thats my point. The cambelt meets were done for free with everyone helping each other over a weekend then it was off for a meal and a few too many beers. At Timbuks there were 30 to 40 Omegas which I know wont happen again because of the venue size, but as AA says it was a brilliant laugh, most if not everyone got there car sorted, people made cakes and bacon butties through the day and everyone had a great laugh. The spirit of OOF :y

I have always, always maintained that whilst I generally will charge a (very reasonable) rate to travel usually quite a long way and do a cambelt, if a cambelt party is held, I will offer my services totally free of charge, to anyone attending that meet.

There have also been lots of examples where I've been one of the members who have got people out of trouble and not charged anything for it - recent examples I can think of within the last month alone are claires cambelt and oil leak, sorting eatmydust's persistent coolant problem, BlackViper's LPG faults, and fixing SMD's cambelt FOC after an ex member breaked it up..

I know Daz for one has helped people in trouble in similar circumstances (Kate rings a bell)

So I don't think it's right to say that because some of us charge for our mobile works, we are lowering the spirit of OOF :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 21 May 2012, 21:24:59 »

you know them company schemes where they organise trips or gatherings and you pay a certain amount and they subsidise the rest,well i think we should contribute 10p per week and then once a year we should all get together for the MEGA MEET MEEt MEet Meet meet(ive tried to do that in a megaphone echo)and jaime stumps up the rest cos he does sod all else and we all get pished and eat chilli and garlic bread and have lap dancers and belly dancers and other stuffs  :D

Can I request that this man be given admin status with immediate affect please  ;D :y
What, so he can pay for the dancers :P
Grumpy old man

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #317 on: 21 May 2012, 21:27:03 »

Perhaps one of my problems with OOF, if it can be called that, is as an admin. 

That just gave me an idea

Why are individuals singled out as admins/mods/etc. Would generic usernames that do not indicate the actual person allow for a more anonymous management of the forum and allow the individuals to post/respond etc without the mantle of their position holding them back or "frightening"  :o other members

Phil

I am involved in other internet forums where such a concept is used.

Truth be told, it works only for as long as the secret holds.  Once the genie is out the bottle as regards who the real BiggusDikkus is then it really matters not a jot........

I know what you mean, having been in senior IT management in a previous life. Don't absolutely agree but that's what it's all about. Being the one always suspected of doing the "dirty deed" when required was often overcome with a little miss-direction and out and out lies. Anyway thought I'd put it out there

We need to weelees wodger and then he can get the blame  ;)
Phil
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

hercules

• Omega Knight
  • sunnyudders
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 21 May 2012, 21:27:20 »

you know them company schemes where they organise trips or gatherings and you pay a certain amount and they subsidise the rest,well i think we should contribute 10p per week and then once a year we should all get together for the MEGA MEET MEEt MEet Meet meet(ive tried to do that in a megaphone echo)and jaime stumps up the rest cos he does sod all else and we all get pished and eat chilli and garlic bread and have lap dancers and belly dancers and other stuffs  :D

Can I request that this man be given admin status with immediate affect please  ;D :y
vote hercules for admin and i will only charge 9p per week,H21 will subsidise the rest  ;D

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 21 May 2012, 21:27:40 »

Stop bodyswerving and passing the blame.

You know its your shout......   :P

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 21 May 2012, 21:29:54 »

LOL, I know I said PM me, but I wasn't quite expecting that many ;D

I will acknowledge every single one, it might just take me a while ;D

But it seems some are happier to say things by PM, thats absolutely fine :y
Grumpy old man

trainmanone

• stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 21 May 2012, 21:30:24 »

only trying to ad a bit of humour TB :y :y
what was that ??????

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 21 May 2012, 21:31:44 »

Stop bodyswerving and passing the blame.

You know its your shout......   :P
Which reminds me, I still haven't paid that £300 fee to one of our suppliers. Opps.  We'll probably be selling watches again soon :P
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 21 May 2012, 21:34:05 »

This is a long thread isnt it......

STMO123

« Reply #324 on: 21 May 2012, 21:35:42 »

This is a long thread isnt it......

terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired  ;D

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: 21 May 2012, 21:40:47 »

My honest opinion:

Why is the scenario of DLK, JB, LJ being brought up again? It got a tad unsavoury, but now it's done and dusted. And now we're talking about text speak and capitols. I haven't seen anyone using text speak and the odd person WHO SHOUTS USING CAPITOLS gets politely told to stop.

My opinion is that we're talking about problems that don't exist and covering old ground.

As for newbies.. maybe they need to be treated with a bit more respect. but then they must respect the ''elders'' too. you see folks with 3 posts... ''URGENT HELP NEEDED NOW''.... as if the good folk on here are sitting with a cuppa waiting to answer their questions. but hey what can you do about that? not much other than a gentle reminder for EVERYONE to be a bit more polite/tolerant etc

As for my own personal use of the forum.... i've been guilty in the past of just throwing a thread up asking for help when i could have looked myself on the maintenance guides. my bad but then i realised i was being lazy and now i spend a lot of time in the MG Section. i know i post a lot of questions myself (Fek Orf Rob  ;D) but it's only for clarification cos, when all's said and done i can be moderately to extremely retarded at times. and after all the car chat section is where we can chat about cars, right? ;)

if you dont like my posts, dont read them. if i dont like yours, i wont read them. Simplez :)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 21 May 2012, 21:44:01 »

Well I was going to ask webby a question, but I know he wont read it now :'( ;D ;)
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #327 on: 21 May 2012, 21:46:24 »

Well I was going to ask webby a question, but I know he wont read it now :'( ;D ;)

Dont PM him he's only got a little one  ;D ;D http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=103267.0
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 21 May 2012, 21:46:52 »

Ask away phil... if it's car related i can't help but if it's cards, booze or women just PM me  ;D ;D  :y :y :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 21 May 2012, 21:50:53 »

You sell yourself too short Webby matey, it won't be too long before you're the most knowledgeable Omega Guru here! :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.