Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum  (Read 157079 times)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum
« Reply #675 on: 20 June 2012, 09:42:43 »

Seems we have a new admin
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=103611.0

I wonder when the admin team where going to announce this to the community...?
Chris, you`ve been a member long enough to understand the workings of the forum. Nobody, be it Admin, Mod or "plain" member has the right to circumvent the forum rules/guidelines. You knowingly did that when inviting "offers" for your amemded ad in the "sales" section. You were advised by a mod to adhere to the guidelines, I posted a comment, you had a hissy fit and asked that your ad be deleted which was duly done.
If you feel any of my posts in any of the forum sub sections breach the aforementioned guidelines I suggest you PM the relevant parties (admin/mod) and make your feelings known. On receipt of any such complaint I`m sure they will deal with it accordingly.
To quote one of your sayings "get on with it" :)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

feeutfo

« Reply #676 on: 20 June 2012, 10:22:34 »

See, there in lies the hypocrisy of the whole thing.

You've just told me not to do, what you've been doing, un checked for some time. That being, to post un related comments relating to the sale that in your view do not comply with guidelines, and pm admin insteaed.
Your posting on threads don't comply with guidelines either, as your not an admin! And should therefor, as you so rightly say, pm admin yourself, instead of posting sarcastic remarks and pictures of mars bars on people's sales threads. It is non if your business.
 Especially as, in my view the thread fully complied with guidelines and only had arse backwards posts on it because the original thread timed out. Something a was un aware of.

Now to put this in perspective I agree with Albs comments generally, but if your going to throw the rule book about to the letter of the law, then it follows it should apply to you as well. I find the whole thing rather pedantic, but I note your irritated tone when you receive the same pedantic treatment in return.

Btw, there was no hisdy fit, iirc my words to admin where to lock it, in the interest of not giving them a load of agro. I realise though that in the absence of an alleged correction, it did need to be removed I suspect. So the only operson hissing and fitting seems to be yourself Rob.

Christ, what a storm in a tea cup about bog all.

I do agree the ad could have been worded better. But if we are so intolerant of three words that we have to start behaving in such a manor, then that needs to be looked at. Hence my initial post here.

The guidelines IMO, where met in the ad. If people want to offer areas on how they would like to buy the car, other than how it exists now, then I don't have a problem
with that at all.
And as its not your car, your ad, your forum, or anything else that's to do with you, I would like to suggest you do the same as you demand of me. Keep your sarcastic comments and wannabe an admin remarks between you and admin.

If you have genuine interest in the car, fine. Otherwise, follow the guidelines yourself.

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 20 June 2012, 10:38:50 »

At least the weather seems to be getting better its really sunny here in paradise :o :)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #678 on: 20 June 2012, 10:40:14 »

Chris and Robg , the only thing we need now is your debate ;D

please go on.. [now where is my pop corn and beer?]

feeutfo

« Reply #679 on: 20 June 2012, 10:49:42 »

All a bit unnecessary, it has to be said. But whatever, slightly more important things to worry about.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 20 June 2012, 11:05:22 »

Come on guys .. handbags at dawn ??  :)

Lets not fall out over who broke the rules more/less than the other .. :(

It could easily be argued thus....

Chris breaks rule on advertising content (no price).... Rob breaks rule by commenting on it (not related to purchase) ... I broke the rule by my silly offer ( yeah .. right .. its not worth 4s 6d ... will you take half -a-crown ?? :) )   H21 sorts it all out  (in his normal frill free fashion  :y :y

Whats to fight over ???

As a slight aside to a comment above ...

IMHO no-one - that's no-one - who makes a bob or two REGULARLY from forum members ... Rob (selling bits) , Chris (contributions to the "tool fund" for work done), and now he has left the "team" I even include Daz (professional servicing), or anyone else, should be part of the Admin / Mod team as it makes them a target for all manner of views, rightly or wrongly held.

Keep the "team" independent as it is now IMHO ..  :y :y

Just my views ..nowt else  :)
« Last Edit: 20 June 2012, 11:07:15 by Entwood »

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 20 June 2012, 16:58:14 »

Think I will join you Cem with some of your Popcorn, I will share these beers with you whilst we watch   ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #682 on: 20 June 2012, 17:12:53 »

Think I will join you Cem with some of your Popcorn, I will share these beers with you whilst we watch   ;D

;D :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 20 June 2012, 17:18:56 »

;D :y

Can't understand people getting so much into a pickle  ::) ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: 20 June 2012, 19:30:55 »

I'm so glad i don't bother posting much on here anymore.....

....I still read it when I can though.

smithpa7

« Reply #685 on: 20 June 2012, 20:25:37 »

I'm so glad i don't bother posting much on here anymore.........I still read it when I can though.

Posting seems to trigger an awful lot of aggression and complaining from certain members. It certainly does not encourage an open forum mentality :( :(

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 20 June 2012, 20:29:32 »

I'm so glad i don't bother posting much on here anymore.........I still read it when I can though.

Posting seems to trigger an awful lot of aggression and complaining from certain members. It certainly does not encourage an open forum mentality :( :(

Try and ignore them, they will go away  :y

feeutfo

« Reply #687 on: 21 June 2012, 11:50:58 »

Come on guys .. handbags at dawn ??  :)

Lets not fall out over who broke the rules more/less than the other .. :(

It could easily be argued thus....

Chris breaks rule on advertising content (no price).... Rob breaks rule by commenting on it (not related to purchase) ... I broke the rule by my silly offer ( yeah .. right .. its not worth 4s 6d ... will you take half -a-crown ?? :) )   H21 sorts it all out  (in his normal frill free fashion  :y :y

Whats to fight over ???

As a slight aside to a comment above ...

IMHO no-one - that's no-one - who makes a bob or two REGULARLY from forum members ... Rob (selling bits) , Chris (contributions to the "tool fund" for work done), and now he has left the "team" I even include Daz (professional servicing), or anyone else, should be part of the Admin / Mod team as it makes them a target for all manner of views, rightly or wrongly held.

Keep the "team" independent as it is now IMHO ..  :y :y

Just my views ..nowt else  :)
So TB has to either hang up his tech2 or step down as Admin?

I have heald the view for some time that Admin pander to ALMOST every complaint as justified and needs acting on. Sometimes to their own ends, as it's just easier for them.

It's not possible to please all the people all the time. So we have what appears to be a massively pedantic mind set thats almost un manageable. Now obviously those that are of a mind to will point to sour grapes over recent events... But that is not the case.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: 21 June 2012, 12:34:04 »

You could always make me a admin  :y

I don't care who I pish off   :D  :-* :-*

feeutfo

« Reply #689 on: 21 June 2012, 12:56:21 »

Ugly as he is, I would hope Daz takes up his rightful position as a moderator again.

Then others can stop trying to clime into his still warm chair. ;D
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.