Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.2 16v misfire  (Read 1870 times)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 16v misfire
« Reply #15 on: 23 November 2010, 13:06:16 »

not that i know of, and have ordered coil pack now so may have to do more trial and error finding
Why, the code is giving you the info. As said, make sure you`re getting power to the injector
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

slb

• elland
    • 99 2.5 v6 cdx
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 November 2010, 13:25:16 »

not that i know of, and have ordered coil pack now so may have to do more trial and error finding
Why, the code is giving you the info. As said, make sure you`re getting power to the injector
have just been and had another look and have pluged code reader in again and it gave the same fault but for no 3 inj so i erased this and then started car and no fault light so im now thinking that this is going to be the coil pack would i poss be right with it doing that now??

davethediver

• Omega Knight
  • Blackburn, Lancs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 November 2010, 13:30:52 »

If you've bought the new coil pack fit it and see, i along with a lot of the othere four pot owners have had similar problems. I changed the cam sensor and the car was fine for a good 20K or so and the coil pack started to fail on me at around 90K i replaced it with a known good second hand one.

Touch wood it's been all good since then, however i never had any codes about injectors stored :-/ :-/
“It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.”
P.A. Caron de Beaumarchais

slb

• elland
    • 99 2.5 v6 cdx
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 November 2010, 13:34:22 »

If you've bought the new coil pack fit it and see, i along with a lot of the othere four pot owners have had similar problems. I changed the cam sensor and the car was fine for a good 20K or so and the coil pack started to fail on me at around 90K i replaced it with a known good second hand one.

Touch wood it's been all good since then, however i never had any codes about injectors stored :-/ :-/
yes will do i was just thinking that the cam sns had thrown that up with missfire and thas why the code/s have come up and now its been changed they have gone so coil pack its is and fingers crossed :-/

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 November 2010, 14:21:43 »

ECU is reporting injector electrical faults so that is where I would be looking. It does not need a camshaft signal to validate the state of each injector driver so the fault code is likely to be correct.

Check the connectors are pushed onto the injectors properly and that the locking clips are there (not some lazy bugger left them off previously) Look carefully at both wires to each injector, has one snapped?
Check the earth wires that attach to the fuel rail, are any broken, loose or corroded.
Follow the injector loom back, looking for any connectors, i think the 4 pot goes direct from the injector to the big engine loom connector by the battery so should be OK but I have seen broken / corroded wire on the V6s big injector plug & socket.
If the fault code has moved from #4 to #3 that suggests a bad earth or loose connector.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.