Newbie Area > Test Zone

Omega B 3.0V6 Elite minter

<< < (3/3)

STEMO:
No cars are being tested in NI at the moment. I think there are 8 government testing stations, and cracks have been found in the lifts at some of them. So...no MOTs until it's sorted.

dave the builder:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 31 January 2020, 19:46:23 ---No cars are being tested in NI at the moment. I think there are 8 government testing stations, and cracks have been found in the lifts at some of them. So...no MOTs until it's sorted.

--- End quote ---
very interesting  :)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51279166

an odd choice to suspend MOTs due to slight cracks in the lifts
BUT ,how many cars will be driving about with cracks in vehicle structure ,steering,suspension  in N.I
causing accidents, death, injury  ::)

even with yearly MOTs there are some lots of deathtraps on the road
most drivers don't bother to check their cars other than a mandatory yearly MOT   :(
plus.....
 an MOT just means a car meets MINIMUM standards ,assuming the NT (MOT tester) doesn't miss anything in the short allowed time slot  :-\

STEMO:
Breaking news: Three lifts back up and running...for the whole of NI.  ;D

dave the builder:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 31 January 2020, 21:27:47 ---Breaking news: Three lifts back up and running...for the whole of NI.  ;D

--- End quote ---
all the rest are just having "The craic / crack"  :D ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
The Norn Irn MOT is different thing altogether to the one on the mainland. As alluded to above, its carried out at Govt. test centres, and they go over the vehicles with a fine tooth comb. If you buy a car from there with a recent MOT there shouldn't be a lot wrong with it.
My mate runs a fleet of wedding cars and some of the things they fail the MOT on is unbelievable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version