Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any sorento owners?  (Read 8192 times)

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
Any sorento owners?
« on: 21 February 2017, 12:05:21 »

Has anyone ever owned or had experience with a Kia Sorento 4x4? I'm basically having to sell my omega to accommodate her horse hobby :(

We're looking at 07 plates as they have the facelift and 168bhp standard, and xe model as they have 2wd and 4wd on demand. Everything else seems permanent 4wd and a very sensitive torque on demand system which can go wrong.

Just want to know anything else to be looking out for? Unfortunately the xe is the more basic model so not many have leather seats or cruise control.

I'm not excepting any automatics this time! It's just not for me

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Any sorento owners?
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2017, 14:24:10 »

Sorry, no experience with the sorento, but surely the omega would tow a nag-in-a-box without issue? You could even get a set of Mud &a snow spec tyres for the damper months.

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2017, 14:34:58 »

It can tow the trailer with one horse, that's pretty much the limit but she wants to tow 2. Plus my cars lowered so the rear trailer wheels are barely on the ground, doesn't make for a comfortable ride.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2017, 15:12:24 »

Why own a horse and then cart it around?

Surely a set of reigns attached to the rear towing eye should suffice?

aaronjb

« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2017, 15:12:59 »

I thought horses came with a complimentary Range Rover? ???

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2017, 15:27:13 »

I think you'll find what happens is that proximity to horses triggers blindness as to what is, or is not a reasonable sum of money to pay for things. Thus making a range rover the next logical step.  ;D

This phenomenon has also been observed in females during preparation for a wedding celebration.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 February 2017, 15:50:20 »

I think you'll find what happens is that proximity to horses triggers blindness as to what is, or is not a reasonable sum of money to pay for things. Thus making a range rover the next logical step.  ;D

Yep, and then they buy a tatty 20 year old box van and cart the horses around in that at 20 MPH, making the Range Rover a mere fashion accessory. ;D

In other words: spend the money on a 20 year old box van and keep the Omega. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 February 2017, 16:07:22 »

This phenomenon has also been observed in females during preparation for a wedding celebration.

PMSL  ;D ;D ;D
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

aaronjb

« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2017, 16:11:05 »

Poor pete, I feel like I've dragged his thread well off topic now  :-[ :-[ :-[

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 February 2017, 16:11:49 »

Back on topic :

Kia Sorento has a towing capacity of 2-2.5T going by a quick google.  Depending on the size of her horses and whether it's a proper ifor trailer and kit weight etc you might need to go discovery/range rover/defender/land cruiser amazon or the other one that's rated to 3.5T towing... I forget...

Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 February 2017, 16:41:42 »

It can tow the trailer with one horse, that's pretty much the limit but she wants to tow 2. Plus my cars lowered so the rear trailer wheels are barely on the ground, doesn't make for a comfortable ride.
That'll learn ya... ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 February 2017, 17:13:17 »

I don't know much about them as I've never had one.. but Sorento's were very popular for a while on the caravan circuit, I know several folks who have had them, but only one still does .... I don't fully know why but the bad bits I remember are :

One guy went through 3 turbos very quickly, seems that once one goes it keeps chewing them for a pastime, he now uses a Honda CRV.

There have been several occasions where, after dragging themselves and their vans out of muddy fields, that folks could not get out of "low/4 WD" without going through some long winded reset procedure. Luckily, on one occasion where someone completely blocked the gateway there was someone else who knew the procedure and we could then all go home with calling the rescue truck ....

The guy who still has one .. 56 plate I think .. has had a LARGE amount of welding done to the rear chassis, including a complete new cross member due to corrosion, he only still has it due to the money he has spent on it .....

On the field they appear capable enough, but seem to have the turning circle of the QE2, and are very sensitive to having decent tyres in order not to get stuck, on a couple of occasions I know of a Disco (with good off-road tyres) having to pull one guy out as he refused to buy off-road tyres .... he now also has a CRV, but still won't buy proper tyres for it.

HTH a little

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 February 2017, 18:24:32 »

One man I vaguely know offered this advice to anyone considering owning a horse: Put your shotgun under your chin, and pull both triggers. And being a pilot, he knew all about unavoidable expenses ;)

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 February 2017, 19:08:00 »

Darn it you lot have been busy.

I would love a Range Rover but the price is crazy and the older ones are a electrical nightmare, I've seen a few issues with the sorento but not in huge numbers or common to all.
Theres a local one forsale that I've been told had a engine rebuild due to blown turbo so asked him for details on who did it and got nothing back so I guess it was bodged to sell.

The newer sorento doesn't tow much at all, the 07 year and similar can do 2.8 or the titan spec 3.5 iirc

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 February 2017, 19:09:20 »

My next problem will be I'm just a baby so have to do my trailer test :(

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 February 2017, 20:07:17 »

I feel your pain on that front. Been meaning to get mine out of the way for a while. The Nissan Navara (or is it called a patrol in SUV form?) can tow about 3.5T I think. But they also have a nasty habit of folding in half!  :o

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 February 2017, 20:18:59 »

I feel your pain on that front. Been meaning to get mine out of the way for a while. The Nissan Navara (or is it called a patrol in SUV form?) can tow about 3.5T I think. But they also have a nasty habit of folding in half!  :o

Exactly. It would a brave or foolish man who tried towing anything with a Navara  :o

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 February 2017, 22:39:46 »

Borrowed a Shogun from work over the weekend and once you learnt to allow for braking distance and all terrain tyres, it's actually not a bad thing to drive, seemed pretty economical too, 140miles from a quarter tank...

aaronjb

« Reply #18 on: 22 February 2017, 07:39:13 »

140miles from a quarter tank...

Depends how big the tank is! I think they're ~90L or bigger..

Ford Ranger Wildtrak. Loved mine, would have another in a heartbeat.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 February 2017, 07:53:31 »

Borrowed a Shogun from work over the weekend and once you learnt to allow for braking distance and all terrain tyres, it's actually not a bad thing to drive, seemed pretty economical too, 140miles from a quarter tank...

I'd forgotten all about the Shogun! A real favourite with the welsh farmers round where my parents live - suggests they're able to thrive on abuse and a lack of maintenance  ;D.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 February 2017, 08:08:48 »

Our oldest are '57 with 250k on them... no significant problems, but they're very well maintained  :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 February 2017, 08:21:27 »

I'd forgotten all about the Shogun! A real favourite with the welsh farmers round where my parents live - suggests they're able to thrive on abuse and a lack of maintenance  ;D .

Having recovered lots of them(and L200s) I would suggest they're no more reliable than a Discovery, but the faults tend to be major. And with Mitsubishi's pricing policy, that's no joke.

Major faults like broken crankshafts.

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 February 2017, 08:54:30 »

I'd forgotten all about the Shogun! A real favourite with the welsh farmers round where my parents live - suggests they're able to thrive on abuse and a lack of maintenance  ;D .

Having recovered lots of them(and L200s) I would suggest they're no more reliable than a Discovery, but the faults tend to be major. And with Mitsubishi's pricing policy, that's no joke.

Major faults like broken crankshafts.

You should make a list of cars you haven't recovered or ones you haven't recovered that much etc... Be an interesting list I'm sure, Also make a list of the most common cars that have broken down.

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 February 2017, 09:05:58 »

Ohh no our friends who just bought a sorento just called to say it's broken down, won't start. I think Ive jinxed it

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 February 2017, 09:54:00 »

You should make a list of cars you haven't recovered or ones you haven't recovered that much etc... Be an interesting list I'm sure, Also make a list of the most common cars that have broken down.

First point, in order: Toyotas(hardly ever saw them, and yet they're everywhere), Hondas(reliable, but not big sellers), then the Korean stuff which is steadily increasing in popularity.

Second point: Mercedes, then  Audi and BMW.

French stuff was junk, but could usually be persuaded to drag itself back to the dealer, like a runover  cat drags itself home to die.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 February 2017, 10:09:00 »

I'm surprised no JLR products make your top 3. Although I suppose that's down to how (un)common they are, comparatively speaking to the likes of the 1 series/A-Class/A3

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 February 2017, 11:14:52 »

Ohh no our friends who just bought a sorento just called to say it's broken down, won't start. I think Ive jinxed it

Panic over the rac man had to tell her it was out of park and hence wouldn't start haha.

I wouldn't mind a Mercedes or BMW but vary hard to find manual gearbox and I swore never to own a Audi again after my a6

2boxerdogs

« Reply #27 on: 22 February 2017, 11:23:00 »

Pal of mine bought on new around 2006 , never looks after his cars ran it for around 7 years then his daughter had it for a couple of years, I drove it when it was about 2 years old seems quite similar to my Hyundai Terracan I believe Kia & Hyundai are the same company. Don't recall him having any problems with it. Still see loads of them on camping/caravanning sites, my opinion a lot of car for little money.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22 February 2017, 11:28:35 »

I wouldn't mind a Mercedes or BMW but vary hard to find manual gearbox and I swore never to own a Audi again after my a6

What year was yours? Father ran an RS6 (54 plate so C5 in audi speak I think), cost an absolute fortune in repairs. Sold it when the gearbox sh!t itself (again!).

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22 February 2017, 11:48:20 »

What year was yours? Father ran an RS6 (54 plate so C5 in audi speak I think), cost an absolute fortune in repairs. Sold it when the gearbox sh!t itself (again!).

It was a 98 2.5 tdi auto, in less than 1k miles the lift pump went the hi pressure diesel pump went, turbo actuator, water pump, abs Ecu, fuel leak. Probably more I just couldn't have bought it at a worse time. Still only did 20mpg when I sold it.
I have heard the rs models cost a bomb to repair, shame there's no easy manual gearbox conversion.

Pal of mine bought on new around 2006 , never looks after his cars ran it for around 7 years then his daughter had it for a couple of years, I drove it when it was about 2 years old seems quite similar to my Hyundai Terracan I believe Kia & Hyundai are the same company. Don't recall him having any problems with it. Still see loads of them on camping/caravanning sites, my opinion a lot of car for little money.

I would like the terracan but slightly less luxury and seem more expensive, I have been told they are billet proof tho and go on forever.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 22 February 2017, 13:40:50 »

Be aware that im sure the 2.9 CRTD 5d Auto (23 Mar 2006 - 31 May 2007) are in the £500 a year road tax bracket  :( Anything before that is about £300  :)
Omegatitis

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22 February 2017, 14:32:33 »

Be aware that im sure the 2.9 CRTD 5d Auto (23 Mar 2006 - 31 May 2007) are in the £500 a year road tax bracket  :( Anything before that is about £300  :)

Yes this is definitely something I'm trying to dodge

2boxerdogs

« Reply #32 on: 22 February 2017, 14:53:05 »

That's definitely a good head's up mine was registered December 2005 costs £24.00 per month DD for tax.Incidentally there is a plusher version of the Terracan that has leather , rear DVD etc can't think what it's badged as .

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 22 February 2017, 18:42:00 »

I'm surprised no JLR products make your top 3. Although I suppose that's down to how (un)common they are, comparatively speaking to the likes of the 1 series/A-Class/A3

Discoveries and Freelanders are weed common cars. Early Disco3 and Range Rover Sports had problems with the electronic handbrake(this is true of most electronic handbrakes) but LR did at least fit an effective manual release. But nothing stands out as a common fault, or that we saw them all the time. Unlike BMW's shockingly bad small diesels for example.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 22 February 2017, 18:49:49 »

I'll be honest, out of my experience of bmws (2 cars) I've found the failure rate to be 100% :P

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 22 February 2017, 19:14:54 »

That's definitely a good head's up mine was registered December 2005 costs £24.00 per month DD for tax.Incidentally there is a plusher version of the Terracan that has leather , rear DVD etc can't think what it's badged as .

Is it the ssangyong rexton? I can't stand the look of them unfortunately!

2boxerdogs

« Reply #36 on: 22 February 2017, 19:23:23 »

No not the Ssangyong, they are awful things apparently spares are a nightmare to source, it is a Hyundai Terracan LTD got a few extra toys.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 22 February 2017, 19:59:32 »

Panic over the rac man had to tell her it was out of park and hence wouldn't start haha.

Where,s Lord Opti when you need him. ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 23 February 2017, 15:34:55 »

A lad at work bought a VW Toerag to tow his wife's horse box. He went for the older full fat V10 5 litre version!  :y. It's not as bad on fuel as you might think.

And accept that 2 pedals are the future  ..... the vehicles you're  thinking of aren't  exactly sports cars.
« Last Edit: 23 February 2017, 15:36:52 by Andy B »

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 23 February 2017, 15:44:47 »

A lad at work bought a VW Toerag to tow his wife's horse box. He went for the older full fat V10 5 litre version!  :y. It's not as bad on fuel as you might think.

And accept that 2 pedals are the future  ..... the vehicles you're  thinking of aren't  exactly sports cars.

Mine is half that engine and still pulls like a train :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

citroenguy

• Sweden
    • 2005 Citroën C5 2.0SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 23 February 2017, 16:22:09 »

The Touareg R5 TDi also came with a manual box  :y The R5:s camshaft is gear driven which is a reliable soluton.
The first gen Touareg is one of the few VAG cars I like  :)
124k on the C5
I like Omegas Senators and all other big 90´s euro saloons.
Previous motors: 3x Rover 600s, Citroën ZX, Volvo 850

aaronjb

« Reply #41 on: 23 February 2017, 16:47:41 »

And accept that 2 pedals are the future  .....

How do you know he's going to lose a leg?  :o :o :P

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 23 February 2017, 20:12:59 »

It's pretty much given that at some point th'orse will stand on his left foot when least expected ;)

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 23 February 2017, 21:30:23 »

It's pretty much given that at some point th'orse will stand on his left foot when least expected ;)

I'll be lucky if that's all I get, damn things are dangerous at both ends and crafty in the middle!!

Just found a ideal one in Yorkshire, cud visit family at the same time but dvla are showing it's not been taxed on 3 years and it's still done 1000miles in 3 years. Pretty odd and it's cheaper than most. Probably not worth the risk

aaronjb

« Reply #44 on: 24 February 2017, 09:00:37 »

I'll be lucky if that's all I get, damn things are dangerous at both ends and crafty in the middle!!

;D ;D ;D

Just found a ideal one in Yorkshire, cud visit family at the same time but dvla are showing it's not been taxed on 3 years and it's still done 1000miles in 3 years. Pretty odd and it's cheaper than most. Probably not worth the risk

That's probably quite normal for parts of rural Yorkshire..  :-X (But then there are still parts you could live your entire life and never see an ANPR camera, much less a police car)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 24 February 2017, 09:12:22 »

You don't need road tax to drive on your fields ::)

Probably make a good baked bean tin that one...

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 24 February 2017, 12:00:04 »

I know they are terrible for off road but started looking at BMW x5's again manual gearbox only, there aren't so many around and will have to look at slightly older years for the same price but they seem way nicer inside and I did like my old BMW

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 24 February 2017, 13:03:21 »

Many many moons ago at Birmingham car show I went out in a Kia Sorento 1st gen, on their off-road course. I was very capable, it was doing same course as all other 4x4's, Rangies, Nissan x Trail and so on.

Huge queue for Range Rover, sod all for Kia, so went in that.  ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #48 on: 24 February 2017, 13:12:30 »

I know they are terrible for off road but started looking at BMW x5's again manual gearbox only, there aren't so many around and will have to look at slightly older years for the same price but they seem way nicer inside and I did like my old BMW

Only 2.3t towing weight on most models though, 2.7t on others.. IIRC the current year is 3.5t.

Double checking that I ended up on the "horseandhound" forums where the prevailing argument seems to be "Buy a Discovery, it's the only thing that will tow anything, plough through mud and not leave you looking like a lemon when you're stuck" ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 24 February 2017, 13:16:30 »

I suspect the X-5 would leave you firmly in the lemon camp. Not sure they can move themselves off-road, much less a couple of tonnes of nag van as well!

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 24 February 2017, 13:47:59 »

Someone turned up in a Mercedes ML to buy my Sis in law's horsebox and then promptly got stuck in 1 inch of mud and had to be hauled out by tractor  ;D

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 24 February 2017, 16:12:51 »

I certainly wouldn't buy a sorento had one has a company car for a little while whilst it coped ok with mud/snow/ice it felt very flimsy..unlike my discovery 3 weeks ago I was towing a double decker but that had slid onto a round about  :o :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 24 February 2017, 19:28:32 »

I was liking the Touareg and BMW but found the years I want are all in the higher scam bracket, over £500 is too much.

She keeps on banging on about the Kia that's down the road from us, it's a private sale but about £800 over priced, do you really think it's worth seeing and expect him to drop that much!!

2boxerdogs

« Reply #54 on: 24 February 2017, 19:36:29 »

I was liking the Touareg and BMW but found the years I want are all in the higher scam bracket, over £500 is too much.

She keeps on banging on about the Kia that's down the road from us, it's a private sale but about £800 over priced, do you really think it's worth seeing and expect him to drop that much!!

Got to be worth a look , piecewise depends on service history & mileage, must be prepared to move on the price tyres & timing belt change are always a good starting point to start with.Belt on the Terracan is 5 years or 50,000 miles I would imagine the Kia is similar don't know for certain.

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 24 February 2017, 19:50:32 »

The Kia has a timing chain which everyone believes last for ever. They definitely do not but it's not classed as service item, more fix when it's rattling of jumped a tooth and trashed the engine.
I think sat I'll give him a call, see if he's goin to budge and possibly view Sunday.

The wife keeps asking why I'm not trying very hard to get a new car lol, eeeerrrr cos I dont want a bloody 4x4. Can't win that battle tho, just put it off for as long as possible.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 25 February 2017, 09:50:12 »

You should know by now, NOT to ask advice on what car to buy on here, as all you will get is horror stories, about every make, basically BUY what you want, give it a dam good service and carry on.

As for your little trucker test, just pay £2k and do the full fatty test. :y
Hoof'land storeman.

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 25 February 2017, 10:20:38 »

You should know by now, NOT to ask advice on what car to buy on here, as all you will get is horror stories, about every make, basically BUY what you want, give it a dam good service and carry on.

The wife said she's looked into it and it'll cost about £450 for a day course and test at the end, I've done a fair amount of towing just never heavy loads.
I don't think I can stretch to 2k for hgv licence although it would be nice.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 25 February 2017, 11:02:21 »

;D

Wish someone had told me not to buy my old 106 pug 'POS'  >:(
Omegatitis

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 25 February 2017, 11:22:17 »

;D

Ha doesn't everyone know not to but a old Peugeot

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 25 February 2017, 11:40:41 »

;D

Ha doesn't everyone know not to but a old Peugeot

I did have one reliable pug and that was the 309 diesel , seen really high mpg and it took a lot of abuse  :y
Omegatitis

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 25 February 2017, 14:30:48 »

I paid £1995 for my 106, and over 18 months and 40k miles probably the same again... new brakes, shocks, wishbones, rear torsion bars/hubs, track rods, cambelt, 4 services, clutch and exhaust. All genuine parts and 50/50 labour split between diy and main dealer. Was a fantastic little car... 40+mpg and a hoot to drive 8)

Was the deposit on my first 3.2 Omega, so didn't miss it for too long ;D

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 25 February 2017, 15:55:19 »

I've did all the 106/Saxo modding thing 10 years ago and vowed never to go back, then I wanted something cheap to run along side the omega... everything kept say no but I really wanted a mk1 saxo vts, luckily I never found one and got a arosa tdi, hasn't broken down yet so it's already better but I still feel 18 soon as I start driving it.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 25 February 2017, 16:46:47 »

Rav4 , are they any good for your needs ?  Rav

Omegatitis

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 25 February 2017, 16:54:51 »

No far to small, unless it's a barbie size horse

106pete

• Plymouth
    • Omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 06 March 2017, 11:57:58 »

So came home with a sorento on Sunday, 56 reg 51k miles fsh and all silver not the usual 2 tone. Has leather and climate control, cruise control which I'm very glad of as the throttle pedal is a hard position to hold your foot in on a long drive.

Came back from getting it in Yorkshire yesterday so 320 miles covered and estimated 450 miles total in the tank so not to bad but guess it'll be a lot worse in town.

Time to crack on and sell the omega now :(

2boxerdogs

« Reply #66 on: 06 March 2017, 12:03:08 »

Sounds like you've got a good one , nice mileage & history can't really go wrong . 😉 Never got less than 26 mpg out of the Hyundai & that's towing a twin axle caravan.
« Last Edit: 06 March 2017, 12:04:53 by Tilbo »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.