Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fickin modern cars  (Read 25489 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Fickin modern cars
« Reply #15 on: 30 November 2023, 13:10:44 »

Assuming its not its way of saying it needs more pigs piss....

What is the quality of the pigs piss you have been using?  Has it been stored properly (out of sunlight, and at room temperature)?  This alone is why you shouldn't buy it from the petrol station where its left out in the sun, and then left to freeze.  You can get cheap gadgets to measure its quality.

Beyond that, the injectors seem to clog up and need cleaning up, as they get stuff with the white cystalised stuff around the injector into the SEC.

All this shite to appease the misinformed, stupid, waste of carbon do-gooders.

Strewth....this is gloomy  enough to drive the old lad to buy a car that runs on petrol. ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 November 2023, 13:21:17 »

it seems that Adblue faults are also a problem with Mercs too .....

(he says with fingers crossed  :-X )
Adblue faults on all makes in the cold weather, Andy, it's a crap system thought up by fickin idiots.
Ooooo......I sounded like Jaime there for a moment  ;D
;D ;D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 November 2023, 13:22:19 »

That's why the Range Rover will be last diesel vehicle I own, can't be doing with all this ad blu nonsense.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 November 2023, 13:25:32 »

Beyond that, the injectors seem to clog up and need cleaning up, as they get stuff with the white cystalised stuff around the injector into the SEC. .....

I thought it crystallised in the tank  :-\ I know that Forte do an additive to prevent it doing so.

https://www.forteuk.co.uk/product/exhaust-crystal-preventer/

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 November 2023, 13:27:11 »

So I guess the pig piss has been sitting in the tank for quite a while

Pretty sure I've seen that MB suggest Adblue is drained from the tank & replaced every year  :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 November 2023, 15:28:09 »

Beyond that, the injectors seem to clog up and need cleaning up, as they get stuff with the white cystalised stuff around the injector into the SEC. .....

I thought it crystallised in the tank  :-\ I know that Forte do an additive to prevent it doing so.

I actually added a bottle of that just after we got the car. But I'm not going to mention that because in the warranty T&C's it mentions that they won't be responsible for any damage caused by adding stuff to the engine oil, fuel, etc.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 November 2023, 16:02:37 »

It can, but most of us use our cars far too much for that to occur.  But look online to see how the DEF injector clogs with the shite.  Fortunately easy to clean in most cases, but means removing undertray to drop that bit out the exhaust.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 November 2023, 16:51:14 »

Adblue fault can be a clogged piss injector as mentioned but can also be the Adblue tank pump or the inline heater, which when both replaced can be bloody expensive on some models. Expensive as in well over a grand if paying for fitment as well. The exhaust injector can be washed out but it's still an unnecessary faff.
Of course, the Adblue feature can be mapped out, tut tut.  ::)
The difference between a fault and a top up warning is that the countdown mileage says no re-start in around 600 miles and drops rapidly on each use of the vehicle, whereas a top up message usually starts at around 1500 miles left before no re-start and comes down normally.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 November 2023, 16:54:14 »

Stealers must be busy, three weeks tomorrow was the first appointment. Car is saying 'Starting impossible in 700 miles' now.

If still under warranty leave it with the dealer but insist on a courtesy car for the entire duration. When I left my 2015 XFR with Watford Jaguar for a week they loaned me an almost new 300 BHP 3.0D XF complete with a full tank of derv. :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 November 2023, 16:58:55 »

I actually added a bottle of that juser t aftwe got the car. But I'm not going to mention that because in the warranty T&C's it mentions that they won't be responsible for any damage caused by adding stuff to the engine oil, fuel, etc.
Hope they don't read OOF then.  ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30 November 2023, 17:20:29 »

The difference between a fault and a top up warning is that the countdown mileage says no re-start in around 600 miles and drops rapidly on each use of the vehicle, whereas a top up message usually starts at around 1500 miles left before no re-start and comes down normally.
Hers doesn't give a countdown, it just says it's low.  So kinda forces you to pull yer finger out as soon as it pops up.  Which reminds me, it popped up a few days ago, but far too cold to piss around with ;D
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 November 2023, 17:54:53 »

It can, but most of us use our cars far too much for that to occur.  But look online to see how the DEF injector clogs with the shite.  Fortunately easy to clean in most cases, but means removing undertray to drop that bit out the exhaust.
Unfortunately that's not the case with my ML, though when it is used, it get's driven fairly hard & is frequently towing.

(fingers crossed) not had any problems with it in 4 1/2 yrs & 40-ish thousand miles. It gets a gallon of Adblue as & when I remember ..... it's yet to actually ask for any. No gauge fitted to mine .... I believe there is on later MBs

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 November 2023, 18:29:27 »

Adblue fault can be a clogged piss injector as mentioned but can also be the Adblue tank pump or the inline heater, which when both replaced can be bloody expensive on some models. Expensive as in well over a grand if paying for fitment as well. The exhaust injector can be washed out but it's still an unnecessary faff.
Of course, the Adblue feature can be mapped out, tut tut.  ::)
Hers is still under warranty, so shouldn't need to take such drastic action just yet.

But.....https://www.yorkshiredpfcentre.com/ad-blue  :-X
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 November 2023, 18:38:31 »

you've still not said if you've topped up the pig p155  :-\ that i noticed

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 November 2023, 18:42:53 »

Hers doesn't give a countdown, it just says it's low.  So kinda forces you to pull yer finger out as soon as it pops up.  Which reminds me, it popped up a few days ago, but far too cold to piss around with ;D

In this weather that sounds more like a her problem than a you problem. Much like the 4x low tyre pressure warnings on her Evoque this morning.... ::) ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.