Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Can someone confirm a couple of things please  (Read 3881 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone confirm a couple of things please
« Reply #15 on: 04 June 2009, 15:29:15 »

When you 'engage' cruise you should fell the accelerator pedal move 'down' slightly

Well it does in mine  ;D
yup, does it on all non DBW cars :y

Except mine [smiley=rolleyes.gif]
your 2.2 is dbw...

I know, but it hasn't worked for nearly a year, don't know what's up with it. I've changed the stalk but still doesn't work :(
if ever you make it up north to northamptonshire.......

Yeh thanks TB, I keep meaning to get over to Kevins for a diag (assuming he's still got the Tech II), or if he ventures into Kent for gliding he said he might be able to take a look :)

Thanks for the reminder. I'll keep you posted. ;)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 June 2009, 16:50:42 »

When you 'engage' cruise you should fell the accelerator pedal move 'down' slightly

Well it does in mine  ;D

your 2.2 is dbw...

I know, but it hasn't worked for nearly a year, don't know what's up with it. I've changed the stalk but still doesn't work :(

Yeh thanks TB, I keep meaning to get over to Kevins for a diag (assuming he's still got the Tech II), or if he ventures into Kent for gliding he said he might be able to take a look :)
Your close to me  :y
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

alexandjen

• Omega Knight
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
  • The Silver Surfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 June 2009, 19:49:10 »

Well it does in mine  ;D

your 2.2 is dbw...

Your close to me  :y

Have you got a Tech II?

Strange thing happened last night, went out just to brim the Mig with fuel, decided to press the cruise switch as I've done hundreds of times over the last year with no result................this time the cruise kicked in and works just as it should do :)

Tried it again today.still working fine :y

Now I'm putting this down to fitting a new battery a couple of weeks ago as I've not really done much else that could have caused it to start working.

So I'm concluding that the cruise needs a decent voltage to operate :-/
Trade club card holder
Code scanner available

alexandjen

• Omega Knight
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
  • The Silver Surfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 June 2009, 19:50:59 »

Well it does in mine  ;D

your 2.2 is dbw...

Thanks for the reminder. I'll keep you posted. ;)

Kevin

Cheers Kevin, looks like the cruise is sorted but would be nice to get the climate updated and a key programmed if I ever get hold of a spare one ::)
Trade club card holder
Code scanner available

Martin_1962

« Reply #19 on: 06 June 2009, 22:47:11 »

Put the fix into help section admins please

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 June 2009, 23:47:23 »

Put the fix into help section admins please

What? buy a new battery for the car??   :-/

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 June 2009, 21:44:07 »

Can now confirm cruise control is working. Pressing the on button didn't seem to do much but pressing the I button after the on button seems to activate it.

After experiencing cruise on my dad's ohmega, having no previous experience with cruise it seemed not to work also. If you depress the throttle even a wee bit, then you switch off the cruise. I think you're activating it, then knocking it up another 'notch'.

I think it's just a case of getting a kind of knack for it, especially if youre not used to cruise (like me  :( )
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 June 2009, 23:43:26 »

Can now confirm cruise control is working. Pressing the on button didn't seem to do much but pressing the I button after the on button seems to activate it.

After experiencing cruise on my dad's ohmega, having no previous experience with cruise it seemed not to work also. If you depress the throttle even a wee bit, then you switch off the cruise. I think you're activating it, then knocking it up another 'notch'.

I think it's just a case of getting a kind of knack for it, especially if youre not used to cruise (like me  :( )
Throttle doesn't switch it off (certainly on 2.0/2.5/3.2 petrols or 2.5TD), brake does, as does clutch (on manual). Changing to N on an auto will as well :)
Grumpy old man

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20 June 2009, 23:47:38 »

Accelerator use does not deactivate cruie, it simply increases vehicle speed then when pedal released, speed is resumed at that last set....   :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.