Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2001 V6 2.6 Power Sounder Not as expected (pics)  (Read 1140 times)

dsms

• View Profile
2001 V6 2.6 Power Sounder Not as expected (pics)
« on: 24 July 2008, 12:48:10 »

Thanks to this forum found the problem with my alarm sounding willy nilly and again with help from forum member received instructions on how to correctly remove.
Well having removed the unit, cut it in half to have a peek inside to see how bad it was. Therein came the surprise, the batteries are totally different to what I was expecting to find, instead of the green type there are two large button type cells marked Z3A 120 and indeed they had leaked, but not over the circuit board. Have looked through forum but not seen this type before hope it may be useful to someone to know different types are out there, check before you order.
Pics are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28055763@N03/

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: 2001 V6 2.6 Power Sounder Not as expected (pics)
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2008, 12:54:46 »

You might be able to get replacement batteries form here ...

http://www.univercell-batteries.co.uk/cells.php?method=category&value=6&orderby=diametre&desc=1

Worth a phone call if nothing else ??

albitz

« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2008, 12:55:46 »

useful photos :y

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile

robbo299

• luton, beds
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 August 2008, 23:04:09 »

Just out of interest.. I popped into my local main dealer the other week to get oil & filter before i went on my hols. While i was in there i asked about the price for a new power sounder for my car. ( usual prob with mine, keeps going off ) I did think about dissconecting it and leaving it, but after i was told a new one for my elite was £60 + vat, i am going to buy a new one. Once you get the scuttle off it is a straight forward swap it seems. Still got my Honda in garage at the minute so i have to leave the elite outside. Been lucky so far but.......
I think there are two models depending on the year of your car. I guess mine was the cheaper of the two :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.